• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Just got an email from Xbox Live Rewards giving me 800 MS Points. What should I buy? The only Marketplace game I've bought was Rez during that T-Mobile glitch, and I don't see the hype.

Hixx

Just got an email from Xbox Live Rewards giving me 800 MS Points. What should I buy? The only Marketplace game I've bought was Rez during that T-Mobile glitch, and I don't see the hype.

how've you got that

I went to check my email, saw Microsoft Points in a title...

'See Tower Heist for just 120 Microsoft Points!'

:(

Zamparini being out cunting up the news saying the Italian teams should have played today. If anything he should be happy with this allowing Palermo to recover some of the many injured players.

Wilbur

Banned
Zamparini being out cunting up the news saying the Italian teams should have played today. If anything he should be happy with this allowing Palermo to recover some of the many injured players.

He sounds like such a knob. What's happening with Palermo selling?

Facism

you guys might find this interesting

UEFA referee rankings (atkinson is above webb!)

H0XPX.jpg

LOL "Cakir the Clown" at 15. European refs must be the most corrupt, greedy and shit refs in the world if that idiot is 15.

keit4

Banned
Deportivo de la Coruña just won the gallician derby against Celta de Vigo in the last minute, 2-3 :D

We are heading to Primera division, beware RM and Barça! xD

Wilbur

Banned
Espanyol beat Valencia 4-0?! Holy shit. Would be nice to see two new teams take 3rd and 4th. Malaga will get one, but Valencia will probably get the other. Bilbao or Levante would be great.

Zabojnik

My first assumption is money and sponsorships.

Assuming he goes to ny, he could do 2 interviews, a magazine spread, and shoot a commercial all in the same day and all within walking distance (obviously just an example but still entirely realistic).

There's just an abundance of oppurtunity at your door step.

Alex is a pretty well-known USA (U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!) and NY lover, he's been saying that's where he'd want to end his football playing career for as long as I can remember. I'm sure money would be a nice incentive, too. Anyway, ONE MORE YEAR!

Arnie

Sad, poignant day one again, after Morosini yesterday. Football and death are two things that shouldn't be associated, and we'll never forget those unfortunate enough to go the football and never come home. We only ask that the families of those lost, those 96, get full disclosure on why and how their loved one didn't return home.

Great piece on the Alan Davies debate by Tony Evans of The Times.

For those who perhaps try not to associate yourself with Hillsborough, or don't see the justice campaign as something that's vitally important then that's fine, and I respect your opinion, but you could use this day as a day or reading and learning about why it is we feel it so.

panty

Go for Hazard instead.

Hes usually a cheaper option.

And get Shaqiri too.

Hes a decent squad player and doesn't cost that much.

I signed him for 8 million.

Totally forgot about Hazard, gonna have a look.

Shaqiri's value is only 7M€, that's cheap. Only minus is he plays in Ronaldo's spot. Might not get much playtime.

It's almost 2015 and I've signed these fellows,

Papadopoulos
Vrsaljko
Gareth Bale
Giuseppe Prestia
Cigerci
Armoa
Felipe Anderson
Griezmann
Rodrigo Caio

+ a bunch of youngsters.

ShogunX

Sad, poignant day one again, after Morosini yesterday. Football and death are two things that shouldn't be associated, and we'll never forget those unfortunate enough to go the football and never come home. We only ask that the families of those lost, those 96, get full disclosure on why and how their loved one didn't return home.

Great piece on the Alan Davies debate by Tony Evans of The Times.

For those who perhaps try not to associate yourself with Hillsborough, or don't see the justice campaign as something that's vitally important then that's fine, and I respect your opinion, but you could use this day as a day or reading and learning about why it is we feel it so.

Great post mate.

Salazar

Tony Evans piece is spot on. The ages on that list of 96 are a gut-punch. Not that anybody has more or less of a right not to go like that, but christ.

Wilbur

Banned
The Sun has the Morosini article taking up a quarter of page 25, and obviously not a thing on Hillsborough. It does however have 6 pages of Simon Cowell saying he fancied Dannii Minogue and apparently that means they had an affair

Arnie

Tony Evans piece is spot on. The ages on that list of 96 are a gut-punch. Not that anybody has more or less of a right not to go like that, but christ.
Aye. Education is the answer, not abuse.
The Sun has the Morosini article taking up a quarter of page 25, and obviously not a thing on Hillsborough. It does however have 6 pages of Simon Cowell saying he fancied Dannii Minogue and apparently that means they had an affair

Well if you aren't going to heed our advice, at least learn form your own experiences. Don't buy The Sun.

Slizz

They just covered it on ESPN Sportscenter for about 30 seconds. Stating first that Serie A will suspend games today and then going on about what happened to Morosini. No video though thank goodness.

Wilbur

Banned
Aye. Education is the answer, not abuse.

Well if you aren't going to heed our advice, at least learn form your own experiences. Don't buy The Sun.

My boss did, I'm having a quick flick through while he's out. I'll nick the sports pages and leave the rest.

Wilbur

Banned
In the sport there is some damning statistics though!

Messi vs Torres, Drogba, Kalou and Sturridge

32 games to 84 between them
41 goals to 19
14 assists to 8
84 created chances to 86
2085 passes to 1589

There was a time I would have taken Drogba and Torres over any striker in the world.

Labadal

In the sport there is some damning statistics though!

Messi vs Torres, Drogba, Kalou and Sturridge

32 games to 84 between them
41 goals to 19
14 assists to 8
84 created chances to 86
2085 passes to 1589

There was a time I would have taken Drogba and Torres over any striker in the world.

Wasn't Drogba hit with malaria? He's never been the same footballer after that.

Zamparini does have a point, though, as much as I'm pained to admit it because he's such a twat; and as much as the point was made in such a round-about way. That is, we Italians tend to like shut down the entire world when death happens so why should football be any different? But that isn't necessarily what's healthy. The Pescara-Livorno game, of course, should have been suspended, but should the Milan game have been suspended? I wonder if that does the players any good to have them board a bus and fuck off back home. A busy day helps unclog a busy mind. Nobody says they can't process the stuff afterwards in conversation, prayer, and what have you, but I definitely think that getting on it with the game that both they and Morosini loved has to be part of the mourning process. The show must go on, and all that.

But lets be a bit cynical, they--Lega Calcio--didn't stop the game out of respect or even for the benefit of the players, they stopped them because cancelling the games is better than dealing with the damage done when the Italian public cries out of feigned moral oturage.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Morosini and it's a tragedy what happened, but I'm not entirely convinced that the way we deal with this stuff in Italy is necessarily the right way of doing things.

I'm probably going to catch shit for this post, but such is life.

Kyoufu

Celtic are failing miserably. Hearts are 10 minutes away from the Scottish Cup final.

doicare about scottish football?

Wilbur

Banned
Zamparini does have a point, though, as much as I'm pained to admit it because he's such a twat; and as much as the point was made in such a round-about way. That is, we Italians tend to like shut down the entire world when death happens so why should football be any different? But that isn't necessarily what's healthy. The Pescara-Livorno game, of course, should have been suspended, but should the Milan game have been suspended? I wonder if that does the players any good to have them board a bus and fuck off back home. A busy day helps unclog a busy mind. Nobody says they can't process the stuff afterwards in conversation, prayer, and what have you, but I definitely think that getting on it with the game that both they and Morosini loved has to be part of the mourning process. The show must go on, and all that.

But lets be a bit cynical, they--Lega Calcio--didn't stop the game out of respect or even for the benefit of the players, they stopped them because cancelling the games is better than dealing with the damage done when the Italian public cries out of feigned moral oturage.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Morosini and it's a tragedy what happened, but I'm not entirely convinced that the way we deal with this stuff in Italy is necessarily the right way of doing things.

I'm probably going to catch shit for this post, but such is life.

I think both ways are fine; if they want to honour him by playing or postpone, I don't thi k anyone should complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom