• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm calling it right now, Hazard is the next Yoann Gourcuff :p
Meanwhile Mino compliments United on how gentlemanly we are being by not calling him out for the succubus cockend that he is.

Oh boy
QF3uH.gif

panty

So you spent £50m on him?

I bought him in my first season and he cost £18m.

I also spunked £22m on Muniain.

I did. At first they wanted 68M€ for him. It's 2015 so I guess his value has skyrocketed. Mind you, he's better or as-good-as Özil. 2 matches down, he has player 45 min in both of them and assisted 3 goals already. I'm happy.

E: My transfer budget is approx. 410M€ so I'm fine :lol

Clegg

I did. At first they wanted 68M€ for him. It's 2015 so I guess his value has skyrocketed. Mind you, he's better or as-good-as Özil. 2 matches down, he has player 45 min in both of them and assisted 3 goals already. I'm happy.

Hazard is a good player to have because he can play anywhere across the midfield.

If you have any injuries you can move him into that position and he'll have a good game.

In my game, Neymar moved to CSKA Moscow and hes now unhappy there. They are willing to sell him for £15m. I think I might be tempted.

kharma45

Hazard is a good player to have because he can play anywhere across the midfield.

If you have any injuries you can move him into that position and he'll have a good game.

In my game, Neymar moved to CSKA Moscow and hes now unhappy there. They are willing to sell him for £15m. I think I might be tempted.

Do it. You can also nab Tevez very cheap in the game too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zamparini does have a point, though, as much as I'm pained to admit it because he's such a twat; and as much as the point was made in such a round-about way. That is, we Italians tend to like shut down the entire world when death happens so why should football be any different? But that isn't necessarily what's healthy. The Pescara-Livorno game, of course, should have been suspended, but should the Milan game have been suspended? I wonder if that does the players any good to have them board a bus and fuck off back home. A busy day helps unclog a busy mind. Nobody says they can't process the stuff afterwards in conversation, prayer, and what have you, but I definitely think that getting on it with the game that both they and Morosini loved has to be part of the mourning process. The show must go on, and all that.

But lets be a bit cynical, they--Lega Calcio--didn't stop the game out of respect or even for the benefit of the players, they stopped them because cancelling the games is better than dealing with the damage done when the Italian public cries out of feigned moral oturage.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for Morosini and it's a tragedy what happened, but I'm not entirely convinced that the way we deal with this stuff in Italy is necessarily the right way of doing things.

I'm probably going to catch shit for this post, but such is life.

I'm with (or I don't really mind) canceling the games. Many players (Marchisio included) knew him IRL, it's better this way.

But the way the FIGC handled the schedules, my god, we got fucked. :(

panty

Higuain and Ronaldo are on fire so I don't need new forwards. Also Benzema is a great backup, scoring whenever I put him on.

I've bought 12 players totaling 190M€ :lol

Any idea if I can adjust the loan payment? It seems I have a 269M€ bank loan (1.5M€/month) until 2029. My current balance is 363M€.

Stubo

What the?!

kharma45

Higuain and Ronaldo are on fire so I don't need new forwards. Also Benzema is a great backup, scoring whenever I put him on.

Any idea if I can adjust the loan payment? It seems I have a 269M€ bank loan (1.5M€/month) until 2029. My current balance is 363M€.

Na you can't sadly. It's probably not a big request but I'd love to have more financial control over the club you manage in the next FM game.

Yen

iirc, back in a previous FM, Liverpool had to pay back £20m per month, for 20 years. Curse you, H&G!

I'm with (or I don't really mind) canceling the games. Many players (Marchisio included) knew him IRL, it's better this way.

But the way the FIGC handled the schedules, my god, we got fucked. :(

I read that the rescheduled match might be placed near the Milan derby, or at least that is one of the scenarios. It would be nice if that were the case.

Do we have any more information on scheduling?

Clegg

I'm in my 5th season with United now. I don't but any really expensive players anymore. I got Muniain and Hazard and they've developed into phenomenal players.

I have my scouts looking for 16/17 year olds with lots of potential. I have my youth training facilities upgraded to the max so I know they'll develop well.

I have a 17 year old Italian striker in my under 18 thats has scored 36 goals in 25 games for them. Hes boss. I've had offers from Madrid and Barca. Hes never played for my senior team yet both have offered £7m for him. I feel like God.

LegoArmo

I wish there was a way to make the text bigger in Football Manager, I don't sit close enough to the screen to read it. Or maybe I'm just blind.

I'm calling it right now, Hazard is the next Yoann Gourcuff :p

Oh boy
QF3uH.gif

*sigh* Gourcuff. I loved him, I've seen live his first match with us, he was really talented, one of the best young players from France in a long time. Then he decided he shouldn't even try to get in the starting formation, and got everything wrong.

I read that the rescheduled match might be placed near the Milan derby, or at least that is one of the scenarios. It would be nice if that were the case.

I heard that next saturday/sunday there'll be the matches that should've been played this weekend: Milan-Genoa on saturday at 6 pm, Cesena-Juventus on sunday at 3 pm. Then on 25th april, there'll be the matches that should've been next weekend (Milan-Bologna, Juventus-Roma).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Postponed games to be recovered next weekend (21st & 22nd). Next weekend's games to be played midweek on 25th of April. Nothing is official yet though.

So:
Cesena - Juventus 4/21-22/12
Juventus - Roma 4/25-??/12
Novara - Juventus 4/29.

Away-Torino-Away, gotta be exhausting.

edit:Beaten!

Wilbur

Banned
I don't like playing with the big teams, it becomes too easy too quickly. Sutton into the CL in 15 seasons is my aim!

Also I can't pick a team in La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga to be on my new save. I want one in each in my next save but none of the big teams.

Will probably pick HSV in Germany because Rangnick leaves at the end of June every time so I'm not getting anyone fired haha

Expecting gifs of the game lads!

panty

I'm in my 5th season with United now. I don't but any really expensive players anymore. I got Muniain and Hazard and they've developed into phenomenal players.

I have my scouts looking for 16/17 year olds with lots of potential. I have my youth training facilities upgraded to the max so I know they'll develop well.

I have a 17 year old Italian striker in my under 18 thats has scored 36 goals in 25 games for them. Hes boss. I've had offers from Madrid and Barca. Hes never played for my senior team yet both have offered £7m for him. I feel like God.

Like a boss.

It feels like I have to put down huge amounts of money if I want someone, even an unknown youngster. Damn RM.

Clegg

I don't like playing with the big teams, it becomes too easy too quickly. Sutton into the CL in 15 seasons is my aim!

Also I can't pick a team in La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga to be on my new save. I want one in each in my next save but none of the big teams.

Will probably pick HSV in Germany because Rangnick leaves at the end of June every time so I'm not getting anyone fired haha

Expecting gifs of the game lads!

It is slightly yoo easy now, I agree.

I've won the PL 3 times in a row and The CL twice in a row.

Thats why I've decided not to buy any big name players. I want to try and win things with the kids brought through mu academy. The Arsenal way, if you will. Except I'll be successful with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom