• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Holy crap! Great games today. Europa League is really taking off now all the lower quality teams have been knocked out.....

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Muniain has been a little beast in this competition. Sucks that the second leg won't be as good though since Schalke is pretty much out.

Schalke would have to win 3-0 in San Mames.

Typical, whenever we meet a team with a smidge of technical ability and pace we fall apart like a deck of cards.

And now we have 3 injured keepers. Perfect.

Athletic Bilbao 4-2 Schalke FT

untitled-11bmb0a.gif
untitled-12a3xdn.gif

Madridy

AZ 2 - 1 Valencia:

I don't know how this game ended like that and not 2-5~ for Valencia.
Valencia wasted way too many chances.

CrunchyB

Schalke, WTF happened? :eek:

AZ 2 - 1 Valencia:

I don't know how this game ended like that and not ~5-2 for Valencia.
Valencia wasted way too many chances.

AZ is currently #1 in the Eredivisie and not because they have the most technically talented players. They are very fit and tenacious and play to win for the full 90 minutes.

elsk

Banned
Slomka is doing a fine job with Hannover. Without him, they'll nothing but a relegation side.
Ok result for them, they can win it at home if they make a great game.

Can't wait for him to retire!

I've been saying that since i was a primary school kid, but the annoying legend prevails

always enjoyed the title mind games though, it was at it's peak a decade ago, the constant back and forward between Mr Wenger and Fergie

Mourinho was different, just a brilliant asshole, not much in the way of banter but more of snide remarks, his classic us vs them mentality he thrived on

it's been lacking ever since, title challenging managers have been a bore, Mancini a bit rubbish on that front aswell

Wilbur

Banned
What a goal by Raul. Bilbao are going to win this trophy, aren't they.

Hopefully. I'll say they'll beat Sporting if they both get through to the semis and then turn it on for the final. Valencia would be a tough ask though, probably the toughest game left.

Atletico have lost it a bit after Simeone's initial impact, and AZ are a good solid side but don't have the quality to beat Bilbao on a good day.

Wilbur

Banned
I watched the first four episodes and couldn't get into it, and just fell behind.

But the same thing happened with The Wire and Boardwalk Empire and I picked them up and now I think they're incredible. So I'll watch GoT one day.

UK OFFICE TIME MOTHERFUCKERS

Clegg

I watched the first four episodes and couldn't get into it, and just fell behind.

But the same thing happened with The Wire and Boardwalk Empire and I picked them up and now I think they're incredible. So I'll watch GoT one day.
Watch it.

Now.

WJD

I have the first SoFaI to read in my kindle but kind of want to start watching GoT... Should I just be patient and read the book first?

Great fergie comeback.

No Veira wont stop, or at least I hope he wont. He irritates fergie and knows what will get a reaction thats what City need.

Why do you think Vieira gets under his skin? I'm trying to think of a time he has.

Anyway, I don't think Vieira can win in a war of words against Fergie, another tidbit from today.

"I can bring Keano back if he wants, make it interesting".

Trolllololol

Clegg

I have the first SoFaI to read in my kindle but kind of want to start watching GoT... Should I just be patient and read the book first?

The show is a good place to start but read the book once you're finished the first series.

Theres a ton of little details that don't get mentioned in the show because of time constraints.

Arnie

I'd suggest reading the book first, then watching the show. The book is much better at building suspense because of the way chapters are laid out (each one from the point of view of a specific character). Not only that but the book can be intentionally ambiguous in ways the show really can't. Besides that you've got all the extra stuff that isn't included in the show that, whilst it doesn't add heaps to the overall plot, give great exposition for the world as a whole. Not to mention in the books you can enter the characters minds.

But definitely watch the show after you've read it, it's how I did it and the balance between the two is great. Really excited for season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom