• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Why do you think Vieira gets under his skin? I'm trying to think of a time he has.

Anyway, I don't think Vieira can win in a war of words against Fergie, another tidbit from today.

"I can bring Keano back if he wants, make it interesting".

Trolllololol

Well its not my pissing match but....

IMHO Vieira knows far better than Mancini how to annoy Fergie. Vieira remember is one of the few people at City who have experienced beating United.

He knows that some of the myths that hang around United are false but are annoying so he uses them. Today look at Ferguson have to start defending referee decisions United have got at Home, he throws in a fun barb at the end to try and distract attention but he doesnt want to talk about it, he doesnt want people talking about Fergie time or Man United referee decisions (its a myth as I said but more annoying because of that).

Even if Fergie keeps batting down Vieiras barbs brilliantly then he is still busy reacting to Vieira not busy demolishing Mancini who has proven a soft touch and "gettable" when it comes to the mind games.

So yeah I think Vieira is a very good thing for City right now, and of course very entertaining :)

sneaky77

fuck you Inter leave our damn coach alone.

Apparently Inter Milan is offering Bielsa 5m a yr to coach Inter, the only good thing is that he already turned them down in the summer and that Bielsa doesn't move for money, hopefully we can keep him around for next season.

Wilbur

Banned

Apparently Inter Milan is offering Bielsa 5m a yr to coach Inter, the only good thing is that he already turned them down in the summer and that Bielsa doesn't move for money, hopefully we can keep him around for next season.

Bielsa making Lucio play a high line would be HILARIOUS

elsk

Banned

Moratti would have to resign first.

Missed team breakfast or something like that

Did Tevez ate his pancakes?

Wilbur

Banned
They'll be spent, I think they've been pretty shit after the EL matches this year haven't they? Marrying the Thursdays to Sundays.

K1LLER7

is the game at the nou camp?

If not, With barca not being in very good form away from home this season, I can see Bilbao getting something from the game.

sneaky77

If not, With barca not being in very good form away from home this season, I can see Bilbao getting something from the game.

yeah game is at Camp Nou, Saturday night, so we won't have a lot of time to even get any rest so yea.. I don't think is gonna be pretty

Wilbur

Banned

Nou Camp yeah. 2-2 at San Mames earlier in the season, probably the best game of the season for me. Brilliant match.

EDIT: Saturday night?! Fuck me that's a bit unfair.

K1LLER7

Would be great if they got something out the game at the nou camp.

Since seeing them out-play United in both games, i want to see them play more.Watching them in the EL is good, hope they get a CL place soon.

I haven't been able to get into Mad Men. I know its supposed to be amazing but I can't get past the 4th episode without getting incredibly bored.

I'll try watching it again, it just starts off very slowly.

The show doesn't give much of a shit about the pace of itself... But it's fucking fantastic when you get into it, had the same problem myself at first but it's really some of the best writing I have seen in a tv show.

Clegg

The show doesn't give much of a shit about the pace of itself... But it's fucking fantastic when you get into it, had the same problem myself at first but it's really some of the best writing I have seen in a tv show.

I've a load of friends who watch Mad Men and they basically said the same thing you're saying.

I'll give it another go but right now I'm starting the first season of Breaking Bad.

Messi

I've a load of friends who watch Mad Men and they basically said the same thing you're saying.

I'll give it another go but right now I'm starting the first season of Breaking Bad.

Oh my, please keep us updated on your progress. There are some moments in that show I really want to know how you react to them. Incredible show <3 cranston.

I haven't been able to get into Mad Men. I know its supposed to be amazing but I can't get past the 4th episode without getting incredibly bored.

I'll try watching it again, it just starts off very slowly.

I can understand that problem. My gf had the same problem. I love the atmosphere and the writing I'd top notch. Also, breaking bad is amazing! I need to watch s4 still but it is so good. Still prefer mad men over breaking bad.

Clegg

Oh my, please keep us updated on your progress. There are some moments in that show I really want to know how you react to them. Incredible show <3 cranston.

I can understand that problem. My gf had the same problem. I love the atmosphere and the writing I'd top notch. Also, breaking bad is amazing! I need to watch s4 still but it is so good. Still prefer mad men over breaking bad.

I'll try Mad Men again but that will have to wait until the Summer. I want to get into it because of all the good things I've heard about it.

But right now I'll be starting the new GoT and Breaking Bad. I've also been watching Twin Peaks. It's a good show but theres a few things I dislike about it. 1 minute it's a psychological murder mystery and the next it's a daytime soap opera.

elsk

Banned
Fucking schedule

1.bild.jpg

I've also been watching Twin Peaks. It's a good show but theres a few things I dislike about it. 1 minute it's a psychological murder mystery and the next it's a daytime soap opera.

That's what is amazing about it, maaaaaaan, deadly premonition and twin peaks, all my love. Also yeah breaking bad is pretty great. got a bit stuck in season 2 but forced myself through and the last season was just fantastic.

ok fellow americans, the same people that reported about al-jazeera purchasing the USA tv rights for serie a and la liga have updated with a new article based on a "source." apparently there will be a new sports network launched called "beIN sports."

i have no idea if this site is reputable, they seem to be the only ones reporting these things. but if they are right, i hope that al jazeera can get this new network up and running on most cable providers by august. i seriously doubt it though. :( then again waving arab moneybags can accomplish great things.

GorillaJu

Saw in a Guardian article that Chelsea was planning to move for Hulk and Cavani this summer and keep Torres and Sturridge. Most telling, perhaps, is that Abramovich is reportedly heavily invested and involved in the Cavani dealings, which tells me it'll likely happen no matter who is in charge come September.

I'd love to see Cavani in the PL but the only top half teams I can tolerate at the moment are Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle, and I don't see him being a legitimate target for any of those clubs. If he played at Chelsea it would break my heart - I have grown to absolutely loathe them, where as I was merely neutral until this season. Man City would be preferrable since they're untouchable for Liverpool anyway.

Sorry if it's already been posted or discussed while I was sleeping but all the off topic posting makes it annoying to read through the many pages I missed.

sneaky77

al jazeera bought la liga rights from espn and goltv.. that fucking sucks.. back to not needing cable next yr I guess I'll save the $100 a month

edit: the best solution in that article is for them to buy Goltv and keep it as is with la liga games, the channel is already in many companies plus they have the greatest commentator on earth

Saw in a Guardian article that Chelsea was planning to move for Hulk and Cavani this summer and keep Torres and Sturridge. Most telling, perhaps, is that Abramovich is reportedly heavily invested and involved in the Cavani dealings, which tells me it'll likely happen no matter who is in charge come September.

I'd love to see Cavani in the PL but the only top half teams I can tolerate at the moment are Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle, and I don't see him being a legitimate target for any of those clubs. If he played at Chelsea it would break my heart - I have grown to absolutely loathe them, where as I was merely neutral until this season. Man City would be preferrable since they're untouchable for Liverpool anyway.

Sorry if it's already been posted or discussed while I was sleeping but all the off topic posting makes it annoying to read through the many pages I missed.

Cavani is all about the money so would fit him to go to Chelsea (or City).

Yeah, UEFA matches are pretty much up there.

For the APOEL - Madrid game they were between 50 and 300 euro, depending on the seats. Most were around 80 I reckon.

I think that's a pretty standard price.

Die Bayern haben Nachwuchskoordinator Hermann Hummels (52) gekündigt. Und der ist der Vater und Berater von Mats (23), dem Nationalverteidiger von Titel-Konkurrent Dortmund.
Zum Sommer muss Papa Hummels (zuletzt Chefscout der Amateure) nach 17 Jahren gehen.

"The Bayern" have fired their junior coordinator Hermann Hummels (52), who is the father and agent to Mats Hummels (23) - the national team and Dortmund center back.
"Papa Hummels" has got to leave in the summer after being employed for 17 years with his last job being the reserves chief scout.
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/feuert-hermann-hummels-23402692.bild.html

Nicely done. I guess that means no Hummels for you, Bayurn...lololo

bjaelke

Yeah, UEFA matches are pretty much up there.

For the APOEL - Madrid game they were between 50 and 300 euro, depending on the seats. Most were around 80 I reckon.

I think that's a pretty standard price.

It also depends a lot on the opponents. I went to see Barcelona - Rubin Kazan last year. Even though tickets were available for €30 there were still a lot of empty seats around Camp Nou. I only went because it was cheap and I lived in the neighborhood.

pappe

Even if Fergie keeps batting down Vieiras barbs brilliantly then he is still busy reacting to Vieira not busy demolishing Mancini who has proven a soft touch and "gettable" when it comes to the mind games.

So yeah I think Vieira is a very good thing for City right now, and of course very entertaining :)

You make it sound as if Fergie sits in his off time and plots ways to get back at Viera for hat barb rather than plot tactics for the next match. SAF probably thought about that barb only when he was asked this question or asked to respond at this comment am sure he is not losing any sleep over this commen.Fergie is the principal of the school where Viera is teaching.

Nicely done. I guess that means no Hummels for you, Bayurn...lololo

Bayern let him go coz he couldnt convince Mats to join Bayern lol :p

^ that makes sense, yeah. He's one of the few players with a genuine fb account and his comments tend to be very pro Dortmund. It might seem that he has grown to love the club and will not leave simply for the prospect of more money.

7bQd6.gif

Also Boateng produces like 1-2 gaffe per game atm..

It also depends a lot on the opponents. I went to see Barcelona - Rubin Kazan last year. Even though tickets were available for €30 there were still a lot of empty seats around Camp Nou. I only went because it was cheap and I lived in the neighborhood.

Oh, I suppose so.

They charge that much (30 euro-even more really sometimes) for local football matches here in Cyprus. Especially the derbies, which is why I stopped going.

I would definitely pay 80 euro to go to a European game though, especially with a well known team, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom