• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

^ that makes sense, yeah. He's one of the few players with a genuine fb account and his comments tend to be very pro Dortmund. It might seem that he has grown to love the club and will not leave simply for the prospect of more money.

7bQd6.gif

Also Boateng produces like 1-2 gaffe per game atm..

hahahahaha. omg. i didnt know that one :D

but well, i'm sure we're gonna buy a new and good defender anyway. hummels is not the only one out there. we'll see. champions league money will be big this year.

Fucking schedule

i say it again, fuck the league. we have a chance to play the final in munich. and we should concentrate on that. i just dont see us winning all the other bundesliga matches anyway. we need more players for that. i hope we'll fix it next season.

bjaelke

Slowly but surely, Al Jazeera has been acquiring rights to some of the top soccer leagues in the world. In the United States, that includes TV and Internet rights to La Liga, Serie A and Ligue Un. In France, Al Jazeera has acquired rights to UEFA Champions League and Ligue Un. And that’s just the start. According to a source, Al Jazeera is prepared to spend big to acquire other rights packages. With the Premier League TV and Internet rights going on auction this year for the United Kingdom, Europe, United States and the rest of the world, it’s no surprise that Al Jazeera is making some industry executives very uneasy.
They're making me uneasy as well. I quite like my PL coverage as it is right now.

Gambit

but well, i'm sure we're gonna buy a new and good defender anyway. hummels is not the only one out there. we'll see. champions league money will be big this year.

i say it again, fuck the league. we have a chance to play the final in munich. and we should concentrate on that. i just dont see us winning all the other bundesliga matches anyway. we need more players for that. i hope we'll fix it next season.

They're gonna buy Dante anyway. Hummels is too far into hipster-Dortmund mode now. (Still hope he'll start with Badstuber for the national team, of course)

I agree Bayern should concentrate on the CL this year. They lost the Bundesliga in January.

They're making me uneasy as well. I quite like my PL coverage as it is right now.

I wouldn't mind it on Al Jazeera with English commentary and shit, since our local provider has stopped giving us the option of English the last couple of months.

I simply hate watching the EPL with Greek commentary. Took them 25 minutes last Monday to realize it was Johnny Evans playing and not Phil Jones.

Al Jazeera is a beast last couple of years, they've had a great World Cup presence too and their Euro coverage should also be top notch.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Blablurn

They're gonna buy Dante anyway. Hummels is too far into hipster-Dortmund mode now. (Still hope he'll start with Badstuber for the national team, of course)

I agree Bayern should concentrate on the CL this year. They lost the Bundesliga in January.

yeah, i completely forgot about dante. ah, fuck hummels anyway. but next transfer season will be crazy. new striker, new midfielder, new defenders.

bjaelke

National Cleavage Day today. You're welcome.

bX8cA.jpg

Goal's tendency to call tweets for reliable sources and make up their own "reports" is seriously getting tedious.

Carbonox

Quarterly training today which means watching/listening to videos all day. I guess it means no work though...

Time to drill the fundamentals of CSS in to my brain for a billionth time. I think tiny attention span is the reason of not knowing this shit yet. :lol

Carbonox

PqtyK.jpg

Bitches please, this is a trophy.

I can only pick out Taylor, Ameobi and Best. The rest aren't at the team anymore (either sold or out on load). How far we've came.

Hixx

Aguero out tomorrow apparently. Looks like Killa will have to play as the useless fucking Greek is injured, tho he was part of the defence that shut City out in January.

Ushojax

Aguero out tomorrow apparently. Looks like Killa will have to play as the useless fucking Greek is injured, tho he was part of the defence that shut City out in January.

At last the injuries are hitting City. Kompany, Lescott, Aguero, Silva playing with a dodgy ankle. They went most of the season in perfect health while the rest of the top 4 had players dropping like flies.

Wilbur

Banned
At last the injuries are hitting City. Kompany, Lescott, Aguero, Silva playing with a dodgy ankle. They went most of the season in perfect health while the rest of the top 4 had players dropping like flies.

Yeah; while I hate to say I wish injury on the players, it was horrible seeing them run away with things and be praised all over the planet while people just ripped into Arsenal and United with little thought for the injuries.

Ushojax

Its the same story with Arsenal every season though.

United, Spurs and Arsenal have all had massive injury problems this season. Key players like Vidic, Valencia, Dawson, Sandro, Lennon, Wilshire, Vermaelen, etc have all been out for months at a time. It's amazing how well they've all done with so many first XI players out.

pappe

Mancini in his press conference kept on avoiding the question how Aguero got injured and referred to it as a stupid injury and situation.

Ushojax

Mancini in his press conference kept on avoiding the question how Aguero got injured and referred to it as a stupid injury and situation.

I heard he slipped as he was getting off the coach before the Stoke game.

Wilbur

Banned
Tevez probably set up some kind of elaborate trap so he could take Aguero's place and destroy Mancini from within his inner circle.

Anderson

Hopefully aguero will missed the arsenal game, though that will mean tevez or aguero will play against us

Saying that has tevez ever scored against us, for west ham, united or city?

Facism

Goal's tendency to call tweets for reliable sources and make up their own "reports" is seriously getting tedious.

Goal is just a betting site with stolen/bullshit "reports" present to give it some minor legitimacy as a football news site.

Hixx

So the two teams travelling hundreds of miles to get to Wembley will kick off at 12.30. The two teams who are within spitting distance of it, 6pm.

LOGIC

Think the PL one is the best league trophy. Looks damn majestic. Not a fan of shields.

Nothing can match the CL one though. It's incredible.

kingkaiser

Think the PL one is the best league trophy. Looks damn majestic. Not a fan of shields.

Nothing can match the CL one though. It's incredible.

The crown looks so incredible cheap, it almost makes the EPL trophy look like a fisherprice toy. The Bundesliga shield with its engravings and jewels looks like it was designed for kings.

bjaelke

The crown looks so incredible cheap, it almost makes the EPL trophy look like a fisherprice toy. The Bundesliga shield with its engravings and jewels looks like it was designed for kings.

There's only one trophy for kings - the Royal League trophy RIP.

6fkGz.jpg

LOL just saw this on twitter. What did he do?

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been banned for three UEFA matches and fined 40,000 Euros for improper conduct relating to the Champions League round of 16 second leg tie against AC Milan, UEFA have confirmed.

https://twitter.com/#!/fmuamba/status/185708452457365504
Fab wanted me to post this pic for you all and to also say thank you for such overwhelming support.
5wjqB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom