• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
With you posting this much shit about how Barca are going to kill Chelsea it will end up with a Barca melt down and unicef to start sponsoring Chelsea from next season.
He just posts shit in general.

Edit: as for the goal that was/wasn't. Who cares? at the end of the day, at 5-1 it hardly matters. Of course their should be goal line technology, but the second goal being scrubbed clearly wouldn't of mattered in the long run.

2nd edit: and Scott Parker nearly having a cry was great.

100% of the ball has to be completely over the line, and a bit of it was in that shot, so still no goal. And no redemption for Martin Atkinson, as giving a goal means that you are 100% sure that 100% of the ball was over the line, which was not what happened.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I have to be honest, that looks like it's over the line. There was a foul in there from Terry but that does look like it's completely over. Maybe a sliver is still on the line. Atkinson redeemed?

He just posts shit in general.

Tried getting him to drop football and get into another sport earlier today, didn't take the bait.

iWwwXqLwOijYm.gif

are you mad that I don't like your favourite team? :(

No. Jealous no doubt.

Atkinson isn't really redeemed cos he told 'Arry after the game he was "more sorry than you are" to which 'Arry replied "No I don't think you are" so unless Atkinson meant "Bitch plz I feel sorry for you cos you're gonna look stupid in the morning when everyone else sees what I saw" he cannot possibly be redeemed.

dalVlatko

Atkinson isn't really redeemed cos he told 'Arry after the game he was "more sorry than you are" to which 'Arry replied "No I don't think you are" so unless Atkinson meant "Bitch plz I feel sorry for you cos you're gonna look stupid in the morning when everyone else sees what I saw" he cannot possibly be redeemed.

He probably looked at the same replays everyone else saw before this image came out which was thought to confirm no goal.

Scum

5YRcF.gif

are you mad that I don't like your favourite team? :(
Not at all. In fact, I'm glad you don't like them. I think just about everything you say is rubbish. I don't dislike you or anything, but I really do get the feeling you just type whatever crap comes in to your head.

Tried getting him to drop football and get into another sport earlier today, didn't take the bait.
What a shame.

Over the line or not, how do you explain Terry fouling the defenders/keeper?
Look, on behalf of Chelsea and our fans, lets scrub the second goal. It's gone... 4-1. There we go, good 3 goal margin victory.

Splatt

It was a shit ref decision but it's not like Atkinson's the one who fielded the Tottenham team today and made a shitty sub.

People should be more angry when players dive.

Despite loving Avengers and Marvel, that shirt is fucking awful.

Aaaaaaand today I wanted to park my car near Vallecas Stadium as I always do, but surprise, surprise. Four hours before the match, the main street where the Stadium is was closed. Had to drive for about half hour to find a spot.

Hixx

Yes.

If the ball is inline with the sole of BAE's boot, then it looks over the line (just).

I know the red line doesn't look straight but because of the angle of the pic mainly + the way it distorts to the bottom. It is parallel with the back of the left post so it's as close to straight as it can get. I even used the ruler tool in photoshop to make sure it was.

Be easier to make out if the pic wasn't distorted.

I know the red line doesn't look straight but because of the angle of the pic mainly + the way it distorts to the bottom. It is parallel with the back of the left post so it's as close to straight as it can get. I even used the ruler tool in photoshop to make sure it was.

Be easier to make out if the pic wasn't distorted.
I'll take your word for it but maybe try with one of the other pics posted? They look like better quality ones.

Judging the ref for not calling right that decission is ridiculous.

No one could have called it right in real time and with that melee.
Correct, whch is why IMO he shouldn't have awarded the goal.

Hixx

I'll take your word for it but maybe try with one of the other pics posted? They look like better quality ones.

Correct, whch is why IMO he shouldn't have awarded the goal.

Same method. Can see how absolutely tiny the margin is - its the wrong decision but it's not as terrible as it first looked; doesn't really excuse the ref as there's no way he could be absolutely sure it crossed the line imo.

ibtsC6LYPS0KeA.jpg

Now I need to go do something entertaining before the fact that I'm drawing lines on a picture (and being really rather anal about it) overwhelms me.

dc89

I missed Chelsea V Spurs. Driving to 5 a side and it finishe whilst I was playing. Sounds like the whole debate could solved within 30 seconds if we had goal line tech.

Also, I'm going to leave this here. Sorry if it's already been posted.

72d58c0d.jpg

Media witch hunt in 3...2...1...

who am I kidding, it's not Mario

Fair enough, thanks for that Hixx. Atkinson is shit.

SAF has said he took Rooney off because he was getting complacent and he's "worse than the others" when he's like that and he wants to keep Rooney "on the edge". Interesting, and very true. In fairness Rooney himself has said he has to do better in his interview with MUTV.

Still 31 for the season now and 3 behind RVP in the hunt for the golden boot! Expect RVP to score a couple tmrw though.

I missed Chelsea V Spurs. Driving to 5 a side and it finishe whilst I was playing. Sounds like the whole debate could solved within 30 seconds if we had goal line tech.

Also, I'm going to leave this here. Sorry if it's already been posted.

72d58c0d.jpg

Media witch hunt in 3...2...1...

who am I kidding, it's not Mario
Oh dc...

You should have posted a picture of Wayne Rooney lashing out too. Go back and watch the incident in the match and you will see why that and what Balotelli did are very different.

dc89

Oh dc...

You should have posted a picture of Wayne Rooney lashing out too. Go back and watch the incident in the match and you will see why that and what Balotelli did are very different.

I didn't it, not watched MoTD.

Was it similar to this?

article-1306843155740-0C587A4600000578-603147_466x399.jpg

Or no where near as bad. How bad a challenge on the Paul Scholes tackling scale of 1 to 10?

TrueBlue

Well I certainly hope the proper Chelsea fans aren't judged by the actions of the idiotic few...oh who am I kidding.

In any case, didn't see the game, but very pleased nonetheless. On to the CL!

Moobabe

So,im just going to leave this here:

AqjNUdNCEAA1RIt.jpg

I have to be honest, that looks like it's over the line. There was a foul in there from Terry but that does look like it's completely over. Maybe a sliver is still on the line. Atkinson redeemed?

But guys - when I asked for a photo that showed PROOF it was over the line I was laughed out the thread and called a shill - what was it, 700 angles showing it "wasn't anywhere near the line"?

LegoArmo

That Scholes picture is so not representative of the tackle. The ball was bouncing and he mistimed it, it was a yellow, and rightly so.

dschalter

didn't watch the most of game, so maybe i'm missing something, but why are people complaining about atkinson when it's the assistant who makes the cross/didn't cross decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom