• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Would you say Rooney played that role two seasons ago?

I think Rooney contributed a bit more to the game than Ruud but there are some similarities.

That was a strange season though. I think Rooney scored 8 or 9 headers from Valencia crosses.

Ruud was more of a poacher.

Has Hernandez been playing lately or has he just dipped in form?

Well he hasn't scored in his last 3 (1 of those games as a sub and got subbed out the other 2) games.

Has only played 3/5 United games since he last scored.

For comparison: Welbeck has 11 goals/4 assists in 2330 minutes. Hernandez has 12 goals/4 assists in 1858 minutes.

ShogunX

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2736577,00.html

Chelsea Football Club is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honouring the moment's silence before kick-off.

Chelsea FC believes all moments of respect should be honoured and today we pay our full respects to all those that suffered as a result of the Hillsborough disaster 23 years ago.

Also

"My thoughts and prayers are with all the friends and families of the 96 who died at Hillsborough. #J4T96."

Martin Atkinson, of course, on way to Euro 2012 . . as a goal-line assistant

Fry

Pretty much. If we had someone like Drogba, now that would be incredible. I'm still hoping we buy some interesting striker in the summer. We're buying one for sure but there are rumors of the board trying to buy an old guy just to be backup and nothing more... but there's still a little chance of we buying someone younger and more talented.

What is your obsession with Drogba? Even Lampard has more goals than him. :p

And Sturridge.

Lightning

Banned
Spurs you retards. You don't deserve champions league football after that crap performance.

Now we have a final where the only question is "Which team sucks more?" ...

Go Liverpool. I despise Chelsea....

Barcelona better hammer these fools in a few days. My buddy Cesc Fabregas will ensure utter domination and destruction of Chelsea!!!

ShogunX

I wish he did, I had Sunnyhillboy!

Anyone else agree that after football, Man v. Food is the best thing on TV?

My Wife loves that show and after every episode asks ''How isn't he really fat''. the guy must put some serious work in the gym in between filming.

Anderson

On my newsfeed and a Facebook 'Friend' who has posted these in the last few hours

So Liverpool can't play in the Cup on Saturday because it's the anniversary of the day they killed their own fans, so we have to play at 6pm on the Sunday!! MURDERERS!!!!
The minutes silence at the start of the Game turned into a chorus of "MURDERERS" for some people. I was silent for Peirmario Morosini
Any of my dirty Yid friends want to talk about the game? Haha!!

His posts about Chelsea before were annoying and he looks like a hypocrite alot, but this is just a new level of cuntishness, deleted and can only hope an angry liverpool fan hears him blab his shite and get several hits to the head

Not ripping on Chelsea fans here, majority I'm sure are your normal, level headed fans but the fan above can be found in any team's support. Can only hope they fuck off all together

Rant over

elsk

Banned
What is your obsession with Drogba? Even Lampard has more goals than him. :p

And Sturridge.

He's a complete striker, IMO. And I'm saying Drogba to make a point that any decent striker could do way better than Gómez at Bayern.

Lucas Barrios, Drogba, Higuaín, Soldado... any of those would be incredible for Bayern.

Scholes is going to pick up most of the praise today and tomorrow but my man of the match was Michael Carrick. He's my player of the season for us, before Scholes came back he was instrumental for us and helped us in midfield almost single handedly for a good while.

I have no idea how he can't get into the England team. I don't mind really cos though I want England to do well, whatever I'm not that fussed, but there can't be a better English CM than him right now.

Wish he had a shot after that run in the first half.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Chelsea fans hollering and hooting during the minute's silence were a disgrace. The referee had to call an end to it early because the moment was being destroyed by some sozzled chavs.

On my newsfeed and a Facebook 'Friend' who has posted these in the last few hours

His posts about Chelsea before were annoying and he looks like a hypocrite alot, but this is just a new level of cuntishness, deleted and can only hope an angry liverpool fan hears him blab his shite and get several hits to the head

Not ripping on Chelsea fans here, majority I'm sure are your normal, level headed fans but the fan above can be found in any team's support. Can only hope they fuck off all together

Rant over

Yep, just yesterday I heard two pretty disgusting comments about Hilsborough '96? It wasn't enough' and 'Oh for fucks sake, when are they going to get over it'.

Classy. Cunts exist in all walks of life.

LegoArmo

Scholes is going to pick up most of the praise today and tomorrow but my man of the match was Michael Carrick. He's my player of the season for us, before Scholes came back he was instrumental for us and helped us in midfield almost single handedly for a good while.

I have no idea how he can't get into the England team. I don't mind really cos though I want England to do well, whatever I'm not that fussed, but there can't be a better English CM than him right now.

I love players like him, a lot of people don't notice what a great job he does.

My Wife loves that show and after every episode asks ''How isn't he really fat''. the guy must put some serious work in the gym in between filming.

I guess he only films part of the year, and then spends the rest of the time eating like a regular person.

How do you reckon you'll use Jones next season? 3rd choice CB/3rd choice RB?

Fry

He's a complete striker, IMO. And I'm saying Drogba to make a point that any decent striker could do way better than Gómez at Bayern.

Lucas Barrios, Drogba, Higuaín, Soldado... any of those would be incredible for Bayern.

He was the best striker in the world on his day, he's past it now, but I see your point.

Gomez isn't a complete striker but he's one of the best finishers in the world... it's hard to find a player that combines the both.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^Cavaniii
kNkXR.png

Stop being objective, Scholes is MoM until he retires again!

ShogunX

He's not flashy or brave enough to be in the England team. He doesn't smash into tackles and dribble people dizzy therefore his pointless ball retention keep things ticking over type of play is not needed!!

I love players like him, a lot of people don't notice what a great job he does.
Carrick has struggled for a couple of years but towards the end of last season he was getting back to his best. He's continued to improve this term, key player for us. Watching him as Scholes together is such a joy, you can tell Carrick loves playing with Scholes.

BTW, was there a minutes silence at OT today? I missed the start of the game.

LegoArmo

Carrick has struggled for a couple of years but towards the end of last season he was getting back to his best. He's continued to improve this term, key player for us. Watching him as Scholes together is such a joy, you can tell Carrick loves playing with Scholes.

BTW, was there a minutes silence at OT today? I missed the start of the game.

Yeah, there was. For the Italian player that passed away.

Randdalf

Tottenham fans are a disgrace, they left their end almost empty when we beat them 2-0 in the semi-final 2 years ago as well (best game I've been to). Even in the final, though we lost, most of our fans stayed behind to see Chelsea lift the trophy.

No idea. He's done better at RB than CB IMO. Good player but he has a way to go before he's good enough to start every week. I don't think it helps we move him from week to week though. I don't know what he'll end up as but I'm confident whatever it is he'll be great. He's got good talent and physique and seems to relish playing for the club.

I still prefer Smalling though.

Stop being objective, Scholes is MoM until he retires again!
I love Scholes the way you love Alex, but yeah, it's a bit sickening at times, especially when so many people praising him now were on his case over the last few years.

DominoKid

if you see some of the older eps you can tell that he's gotten a good bit heavier.

at least this is what my roommate says.

i've only just started watching it this year.

Moobabe

Nobody, both teams were doing well. But only one team had the referee score on their behalf. Nobody is going to remember this 5-1 as a complete thrashing of a dire Tottenham. They will remember it for a game-changing refereeing error that gave a strong Chelsea an unfair advantage over a lively Tottenham who then crumbled once their imbecile of a manager put Defoe on instead of Sandro and destroyed our midfield.

Yeah - I was shocked to see Defoe come on - he's a useless footballer. As fantastic a man manager as Harry is - tactically I'm not sure about him.

As for the fans chanting during the silence - I had no idea they were our fans. Makes it no less of a disgrace though - shocking to think people wouldn't observe a silence for an event like that.

I'm asking the same question about him, how is he not morbidly obese, but apparently if you compare his size from earlier episodes to later ones, he's getting fatter but slowly.

From this
man_vs_food.jpg

To this
image.jpg

elsk

Banned
I'm asking the same question about him, how is he not morbidly obese, but apparently if you compare his size from earlier episodes to later ones, he's getting fatter but slowly.

He's fat but he (or the production side of the show) know how to dress him up correctly so he doesn't look that fat.

Scum

Fuck you English officials, ya cunts!
ojfchvjpg.gif

Well done on reaching the final, ChelseaGAF, but I'm bitter as fuck about the whole thing. Here's hoping we end our season well, but I'm even more skeptical now and expect 'Arry to gift relegation threaten teams, much needed points. :-(

I'm pissed off and off to enjoy a game of FM2012.

Vidic, Rio and Evans will be first choice centre-backs next season. Smalling and Jones will need injuries and rotation to get a look-in there. Quite a different outlook from the start of the season when everybody was talking about how Smalling and Jones would be United's defensive partnership for the next decade.

And given how well Rafael's come on, especially in his partnership with Valencia down the right, Jones and Smalling will likely be understudies on that front, too.

LegoArmo

Fuck you English officials, ya cunts!
ojfchvjpg.gif

Well done on reaching the final, ChelseaGAF, but I'm bitter as fuck about the whole thing. Here's hoping we end our season well, but I'm even more skeptical now and expect 'Arry to gift relegation threaten teams, much needed points. :-(

I'm pissed off and off to enjoy a game of FM2012.

Knowing Harry, he's probably placed a bet on one of them to stay up.

Anderson

Thinking the same thing as well, wiki says he would exercise twice a day when he did the show to maintain his health

Its weird when watching the show, if I'm hungry then the show makes it worse, if I'm quite full it makes it worse. Need to find an optimum level

Thinking the same thing as well, wiki says he would exercise twice a day when he did the show to maintain his health

Its weird when watching the show, if I'm hungry then the show makes it worse, if I'm quite full it makes it worse. Need to find an optimum level

Eat during it!

rodvik

Chelsea ARE the evil ones!

Nah, they were the best team today even though they got a dodgy goal. They won by a 4 goal margin silly to pretend they are the bad guys. Same as ManU, yeah Young dived but whatever, ManU still were the better team by miles.

I am happy to see Chelsea making a come back, particularly under Di Matteo. Hopefully they can do some damage to Barca, however unlikely that looks on paper.

Scum

Knowing Harry, he's probably placed a bet on one of them to stay up.

Ha! Had a chuckle but it wouldn't surprise me. The man's bloody good at old school man management but he apears to be tactically inept. Maybe Sandro slept with his missus and ran over his dog because he should have been on the pitch.

@LegoArmo
I believe so. I think Wigan are at home to Arsenal.

LegoArmo

Ha! Had a chuckle but it wouldn't surprise me. The man's bloody good at old school man management but he apears to be tactically inept. Maybe Sandro slept with his missus and ran over his dog because he should have been on the pitch.

@LegoArmo
I believe so. I think Wigan are at home to Arsenal.

Cheers. Guess Gary Neville will be on doing his round up of the weekend, always decent.

If you want to go the complete opposite way with your next manager, Benitez is available?

Hixx

I recommend everyone buy Fez. Just got 200/200 on it, get's a bit methodical towards the end when you're mopping up but it's superb. 800 MS points is a steal.

I spent about 8 hours on it today. My eyes are melting
from the awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom