• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

I recommend everyone buy Fez. Just got 200/200 on it, get's a bit methodical towards the end when you're mopping up but it's superb. 800 MS points is a steal.

I spent about 8 hours on it today. My eyes are melting
from the awesome

When Microsoft deliver my points, I'll happily join you in enjoying the game.

Blablurn

I'm really happy to see that Bayern aren't winning again! It can't be often they don't win the Bundesliga twice in a row

tz0KU.gif

People would like him back for some reason. Assuming we're talking of the same canine, of course
Adam Richman is from Cleveland.

My Wife loves that show and after every episode asks ''How isn't he really fat''. the guy must put some serious work in the gym in between filming.

There was an episode talking about that and he does work out obsessively. He also is a vegan when not filming the show.

Scum

Cheers. Guess Gary Neville will be on doing his round up of the weekend, always decent.

If you want to go the complete opposite way with your next manager, Benitez is available?

I'd prefer Moyes, to be honest. I've always thought that he'll do really well for us.

Anderson

Wigan are playing well but I don't see them taking anything off Arsenal at the Emirates.

Replace Arsenal with Man Utd and Emirates with DW, thats what people posted before that game.

We should win but I hope our players will give Wigan some respect after United or we could see another result like QPR

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Borriello manhandling a youth player.

3Wvts.jpg

Everyone scored/was involved in a goal except for him and...Buffon.
wcPBR.gif

Pachimari

Any fellow Madridistas excited for the semi finals against Bayern?

We have lost 8, drawn 1 and won 0 against Bayern Munich on their territory. =/

We need to see the Cristiano Ronaldo who also tracks back to stop their fast attacks from Robben and Ribery on the flanks.
Coentrao and Arbeloa will play as fullbacks to ensure the defense on the sides.

Any fellow Madridistas excited for the semi finals against Bayern?

We have lost 8, drawn 1 and won 0 against Bayern Munich on their territory. =/

We need to see the Cristiano Ronaldo who also tracks back to stop their fast attacks from Robben and Ribery on the flanks.
Coentrao and Arbeloa will play as fullbacks to ensure the defense on the sides.
You might see that Ronaldo three times next week.

Pumped up Ronaldo is best Ronaldo. I wish he'd just play like that every week, he could if he wanted to.

Back from Munich. It was pretty awesome to see everyone depressed there while I had every reason to celebrate :D

Wer wird Deutscher Meister?

*stumbles into the thread*

BVB BORUSSIA!

You're right, Wilbury. The last team that accomplished that was Dortmund in 94/95 and 95/96, hehe
We basically bought that success (and the succeeding CL victory in 97) through heavy leveraging and getting stars to come to Dortmund.
Like when Juve beat us in the UEFA-Cup final (in 92 or 93)..we just went nuts and bought some of their players (Cesar & Möller) and got other German stars (some those who won the WC in 1990) to come to us. They were pretty old back then (30ish) and so they didn't have too much "resale value" + the subsequent transfers were pretty bad and we lost steam & stopped being successful.

This time everything's very different. Most our "stars" are under 25, some not even 20 (Götze) and are sought for all over Europe so I don't see how history could repeat itself.
What's also important is that even when our key players are missing we still manage to be successful Like in 10/11 when Kagawa got injured at the end of the first leg (Götze stepped up big time) or at the beginning of 11/12 when we had to manage without our absolute key player (Sahin) and then our offensive driving force Götze got injured at the end of the first leg (Kuba stepped up).
This is the point. Our strength is the team (and our manager Klopp), not so much some individuals. That's why I'm not going to cry if Kagawa was to leave us (please don't, Kagawa-sama). We'll just replace his ass or change our tactics slightly to accommodate his absence (like we did when Sahin left).

In short: I could really see us creeping up to Bayern more and more in the coming years (hopefully with some championships along the way and uh..some more success internationally).

Hahaha

Damn.

Can't wait to see them get torn apart.

With you posting this much shit about how Barca are going to kill Chelsea it will end up with a Barca melt down and unicef to start sponsoring Chelsea from next season.

My favourite part of today's game was when a chorus of "Heskey for England" went up which was then followed by "Heskey for City" :lol

The joke is on England with his 62 international matches.

Kyoufu

Do you guys see Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal in the title race after some purchases/revamping next season? What about Tottenham and Newcastle? Will they qualify for Europa/CL?

Personally I'm afraid of not qualifying for Europe next season when the likes of Chelsea have millions to throw at quality players. If those quality players prove to be a good fit for them then I don't know if our lack of money can compete.

With you posting this much shit about how Barca are going to kill Chelsea it will end up with a Barca melt down and unicef to start sponsoring Chelsea from next season.

Unicef betrayal-ton?!

Pique won't allow it!

unicef8efqg.gif

I recommend everyone buy Fez. Just got 200/200 on it, get's a bit methodical towards the end when you're mopping up but it's superb. 800 MS points is a steal.

I spent about 8 hours on it today. My eyes are melting
from the awesome

Hahaha just noticed the Fez on your avatar. Well played!

I'm loving it, it confuses the hell out of me though, I have no idea what's going on. Anti-cubes, artifacts, those 'treasure maps', that 'world map' not to mention all the cryptic symbols everywhere. I have no fucking dea what is going on haha.

Wilbur

Banned
I assume it's only for the next week or so? Awful logo though,

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption again, haven't played it since it came out. One of the best games ever, it's fucking incredible

Hixx

Hahaha just noticed the Fez on your avatar. Well played!

I'm loving it, it confuses the hell out of me though, I have no idea what's going on. Anti-cubes, artifacts, those 'treasure maps', that 'world map' not to mention all the cryptic symbols everywhere. I have no fucking dea what is going on haha.

I stole the idea from Bungie/GB but got lazy with it.

The world map can be a pain to navigate. Once you crack the symbols the game becomes a proper great little puzzler. Before that it can definitely feel like you are completely lost. Alphabet and numbers isn't too hard but the tetris symbol one D:

I stole the idea from Bungie/GB but got lazy with it.

The world map can be a pain to navigate. Once you crack the symbols the game becomes a proper great little puzzler. Before that it can definitely feel like you are completely lost. Alphabet and numbers isn't too hard but the tetris symbol one D:

Wait....you're supposed to actually crack the symbols? How the ffffffffffffffff.

Hixx

Wait....you're supposed to actually crack the symbols? How the ffffffffffffffff.

Yus. Spoilers for HOW to crack them, not the actual results:
alphabet, look out for a fox. and a dog. together. numbers are in the place you find the counting cube. tetris is in a classroom iirc, can't remember. mind is fried from playing for so long

? Whole of the ball isn't over the whole of the line even from that angle.. Tho it is much closer than it appeared on the replays.

Bumhead

Banned
The Chelsea fans were an utter disgrace.

Surprising, too. Chelsea are one of the quietest, most fair weathered supported teams in the country.

Yus. Spoilers for HOW to crack them, not the actual results:
alphabet, look out for a fox. and a dog. together. numbers are in the place you find the counting cube. tetris is in a classroom iirc, can't remember. mind is fried from playing for so long

Cheers! I'll look out for all that stuff. Gunna fire it up after MOTD so hopefully I'll wrap my head around it.

Is that from taken from a replay or is that a still photo.

Cos if it's a photo and not from a replay, if we used replay's to determine whether it was a goal, we may have got the wrong decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom