• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow at Muamba. What a trooper.

Tiote and Ryan Taylor back for the game on Sunday. Thank the lord. I just wish Colo wasn't out, really can't trust Williamson at the minute.

Holy shit. Gotta say I didn't expect him to recover but I'm pleased. Looking like he's ready to go home, unless they just did that because having him in hospital scrubs would look unseemly.

Sleepy

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been banned for three UEFA matches and fined 40,000 Euros for improper conduct relating to the Champions League round of 16 second leg tie against AC Milan, UEFA have confirmed.

I wonder which player Arsenal will cut to absorb the loss. Profitability!

Awesome news about Muamba.

Sadly, some more sad news, Aston Villa expected to announce Stilliyan Petrov has Leukaemia.

Edit - That's from the Mirror btw, not official yet.

Carbonox

Wow at Muamba. What a trooper.

Tiote and Ryan Taylor back for the game on Sunday. Thank the lord. I just wish Colo wasn't out, really can't trust Williamson at the minute.

I'd honestly prefer it if we play Tiote at CB with Williamson. Tiote has good pace. Maybe have Ryan Taylor clean up in front of the back four with Cabaye in front of him. Usual wingers/strikers.

Seriously, I have better lineup ideas than Pardew. He's gonna go with Perch and Williamson at CB.

Daily Mirror reckons Stiliyan Petrov (of Villa) has been diagnosed with Leukemia. Shit :(

That's horrible news. :(

I'm going to be devastated if this rumor turns out to be true. I've said many things about Stan, but he has been a great captain, and has scored some beautiful goals.

I'd honestly prefer it if we play Tiote at CB with Williamson. Tiote has good pace. Maybe have Ryan Taylor clean up in front of the back four with Cabaye in front of him. Usual wingers/strikers.

Seriously, I have better lineup ideas than Pardew. He's gonna go with Perch and Williamson at CB.

That's horrible news. :(

I think he's already confirmed it. Who knows, Perch has played really well lately it's Williamson I'm more worried about but his problem seems to be a confidence thing so it's very possible he'll snap out of it and put in a good shift.

Sad news about Petrov, it just came up on BBC News :(

Carbonox

I think he's already confirmed it. Who knows, Perch has played really well lately it's Williamson I'm more worried about but his problem seems to be a confidence thing so it's very possible he'll snap out of it and put in a good shift.

Sad news about Petrov, it just came up on BBC News :(

While Perch has been fantastic lately, I can't see how him and Williamson are gonna deal with Suarez. Heck, Carroll would be a ridiculous handful for them.

Tiote's really gonna have to function as a proper defensive midfielder in the match due to how stretched we will be. No dallying around in the opposition box. Let Cabaye and the wingers support the strikers there.

While Perch has been fantastic lately, I can't see how him and Williamson are gonna deal with Suarez. Heck, Carroll would be a ridiculous handful for them.

Tiote's really gonna have to function as a proper defensive midfielder in the match due to how stretched we will be. No dallying around in the opposition box. Let Cabaye and the wingers support the strikers there.

I can't either.

No matter what happens I think It's going to be brilliant game for the neutrals. Going to be goals for sure.

Carbonox

I can't either.

No matter what happens I think It's going to be brilliant game for the neutrals. Going to be goals for sure.

Definitely, especially with a resurgent Ben Arfa, and Cisse/Ba's partnership really taking off. We'll definitely cause trouble for Liverpool at home. Can't wait.

TeegsD

Acute Leukemia? I wonder which one. I had Acute Lymphoblastic(sp?) Leukemia. Thankfully, I was a kid so I had a good chance, but for adults, the cure rate goes down almost by half in some cases. I wish him the best and his family because there are tough times ahead.

bjaelke

Really sad to hear about Petrov. Hopefully he'll win the fight.
I can't either.

They're gonna be in your favor. Our back four have been rather sloppy lately.

elseanio

Sad news for Petrov. Hope he pulls through

On a lesser note, Liverpool vs Everton will be 12:30 KO. Fans will need to set off 4/5am coming from Merseyside

sohois

Really sad to hear about Petrov. Hopefully he'll win the fight.

They're gonna be in your favor. Our back four have been rather sloppy lately.

It's a biggish game, so Spearing will probably raise his game above awful which will perhaps help. In fact given that the entire team seems to raise their game for these big matches that should boost Liverpool somewhat. Though if Carra starts all bets are off.

elseanio

It's a biggish game, so Spearing will probably raise his game above awful which will perhaps help. In fact given that the entire team seems to raise their game for these big matches that should boost Liverpool somewhat. Though if Carra starts all bets are off.

Wisdom has been training with the first team this week, along with Sterling

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Repping some League 1 love in the OP, about time!

Terrible about Petrov, I hope the football community can show the same support we showed Fabrice.

Can't decide whether to get an accumulator on this weekend or not, my luck's been shite and everything seems to close to call tomorrow.

elseanio

Repping some League 1 love in the OP, about time!

Terrible about Petrov, I hope the football community can show the same support we showed Fabrice.

Can't decide whether to get an accumulator on this weekend or not, my luck's been shite and everything seems to close to call tomorrow.

I had one over the Champions Leauge. None Barca win was the only result the let me down :( I will try claim my stake back because of the awful pitch conditions though

bjaelke

With Kelly(?) and Johnson out, I fear Carragher will have to step in as the right back. I was quite delighted to see Wisdom in the pictures from the training session. Maybe he'll come on and replace Carragher if he starts next to Skrtel.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I had one over the Champions Leauge. None Barca win was the only result the let me down :( I will try claim my stake back because of the awful pitch conditions though

I stopped putting bets on cup competitions. But I did have one on that night, Sunderland losing fucked me over.

sohois

Wisdom has been training with the first team this week, along with Sterling

With Kelly(?) and Johnson out, I fear Carragher will have to step in as the right back. I was quite delighted to see Wisdom in the pictures from the training session. Maybe he'll come on and replace Carragher if he starts next to Skrtel.

A number of young lads have been training with the first team all throughout the season, indeed I believe Wisdom has had sessions with the first team in previous seasons. Even with Johson, Kelly & Agger out there are still Carragher, Coates, Flanagan, Robinson & Aurelio before Wisdom gets a look in - its worth bearing in mind that Stirling has travelled with the first team to several matches before he finally got his spot against Wigan. Unless Robinson & Aurelio have also picked up injuries (entirely possible) Wisdom is unlikely to feature.

ShogunX

The crown looks so incredible cheap, it almost makes the EPL trophy look like a fisherprice toy. The Bundesliga shield with its engravings and jewels looks like it was designed for kings.

Designed for Kings? It looks like some shite plastic play shield that some big titted warrior would throw about in Soul Calibur or something Medusa would carry in Jason and the Argonauts. It's awful.

The Champions league is by far the best trophy out of them all and how nice that we have one of our very own.

A number of young lads have been training with the first team all throughout the season, indeed I believe Wisdom has had sessions with the first team in previous seasons. Even with Johson, Kelly & Agger out there are still Carragher, Coates, Flanagan, Robinson & Aurelio before Wisdom gets a look in - its worth bearing in mind that Stirling has travelled with the first team to several matches before he finally got his spot against Wigan. Unless Robinson & Aurelio have also picked up injuries (entirely possible) Wisdom is unlikely to feature.

It will be the same back four that lined up against Wigan. Hope Kenny sees the error of his ways and drops Carragher for Coates as we have nothing to lose in the league so lets get him some game time. Also according to a few lads who have got stuff right before (probably guess work) we are apparently tying up a deal for Gaston Ramirez.

Yen

Hope Carra is dropped for Coates. Would like to see Flanagan if Kelly or Johnson are out.
Don't like this community business, especially considering I more-or-less exclusively use the webapp.

LegoArmo

Petrov is one of my favourite players, and has been since he signed for Celtic, way back. Brilliant professional.

Hoping for the best for him.

Hieberrr

Since we're on the topic of trophies:

OWj4t.jpg

Looks nice, but unfortunately poorly located handles :|

Blablurn

Because he and others from the youth management team failed to accomplish their goals. The reserve and youth teams of Bayern including stuff will be reorganized. Winner of this cleansing is Jörg Butt.

even franz beckenbauers son (who also trained one of the youth teams) got a different (and lower) position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom