• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

^serves her right for being a Mormon. (just kidding don't ban me)

Really sad to hear about Petrov. I'm sure he'll pull through. Great player.

Hixx

Wrestling sucked ever since the Rock/Steve Austin fucked off.

No Wayne Bridge tomorrow so unless Rico is fit (50/50) going to be Bardsley left-back, Gardner right back, Turner and Killa in the middle. Oh shitty shitfucks. Where's Yurt's crying gif

elsk

Banned
Because he and others from the youth management team failed to accomplish their goals. The reserve and youth teams of Bayern including stuff will be reorganized. Winner of this cleansing is Jörg Butt.

Thanks.
So they're pretty serious about the changes in the youth system eh? Good I guess, I hope they don't ruin it... obviously we don't have the best youth system, but hell Schweini, Mueller, Lahm, Badstuber are very good results.

I hope they don't make the youth system worse with all the changes...

Oxx

Has there been any word on whether the secondapps Neogaf for Android will be corrected?

Last time I glanced at the thread I think the guy said he was waiting for the community sections to be set in stone before committing to updating the app.

Slizz

Last time I glanced at the thread I think the guy said he was waiting for the community sections to be set in stone before committing to updating the app.

Best thing to do now is to subscribe and use the subscriptions folder whenever you want to access this thread.

Yea, I'm subscribed. Just wondering, its hard to navigate even with the subscriptions right now.

elseanio

WPuXN.gif

http://www.wbtv.com/story/17265736/caught-on-tape-teen-girl-attacked-by-player-during-soccer-game

rodvik

Stan Petrov 8(

Its amazing he has been playing as well as he has given he has leukemia.

I hope he can get as well as possible and stay with the club in a coaching role, he was looking at that as a career path anyway and he has always been a very intelligent man.

104783hp2.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Good article here on contrasting play styles

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...-stoke-city?commentpage=all#start-of-comments

Personally I agree; watching Bilbao the other day, of course Barca are a better side but they're not as exciting to watch as Bilbao are, or personally I even think Madrid are a more entertaining side to watch.

And then Norwich, who play a lot of long balls forward, never seem to have a lot of turgid displays because they get it forward with pace and it's pretty exciting, same with O'Neill's Sunderland. And I've said before I prefer 2008/09 Barca to now's.

I like Stoke. Except for when they play us.

EDIT: Although that's a lie, Stoke don't just play long ball; they're cheating, dirty, rough bastards. I hate Stoke. I just don't agree with the long ball sucks argument

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like Stoke. Except for when they play us.

EDIT: Although that's a lie, Stoke don't just play long ball; they're cheating, dirty, rough bastards. I hate Stoke. I just don't agree with the long ball sucks argument

I don't mind Stoke when they have the ball in play. The have a direct, no-nonsense style and a good shape. It's when they don't have the ball or they are taking a set play that they become utter twats.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't mind Stoke when they have the ball in play. The have a direct, no-nonsense style and a good shape. It's when they don't have the ball or they are taking a set play that they become utter twats.

They played well at times against City the other day along the ground, and yeah when they have the ball they're pretty exciting to watch if they can get it out onto the flanks quickly. But like you say it's specifically set plays and their rough tactics. Sometimes they'll pull a brilliant defensive masterclass out their arse but it's not as often as it used to be.

Stan Petrov 8(

Its amazing he has been playing as well as he has given he has leukemia.

I hope he can get as well as possible and stay with the club in a coaching role, he was looking at that as a career path anyway and he has always been a very intelligent man.

104783hp2.jpg

Wait what? Hope the guy gets well.

Wait what? Hope the guy gets well.

I believe he will. But I don't have anything to go on. He is going to be appointed player-manager after he is cured, and go on to win us the Champions League as a manager.

Also, Gabby Agbonlahor is being linked to Martin O'Neil and Sunderland. While it isn't necessarily a bad move for either party, I'd be worried that this is the start of the same cycle.

Spanish clubs have agreed a deal in which they pay just 10% of the €750m that they owe to the state in the week that the Spanish gov have announced multi billion Euro cuts. Madness.

Spanish football is in terrible terrible financial health, much worse than even the UK. Needs to be addressed soon.

Back on the pitch KAGAWA scores again. Man I think I'll have to get a shirt with him on the back next season. Hopefully it's a United one =)

Wilbur

Banned
Spanish clubs have agreed a deal in which they pay just 10% of the €750m that they owe to the state in the week that the Spanish gov have announced multi billion Euro cuts. Madness.

Spanish football is in terrible terrible financial health, much worse than even the UK. Needs to be addressed soon.

Back on the pitch KAGAWA scores again. Man I think I'll have to get a shirt with him on the back next season. Hopefully it's a United one =)

10% in one lump sum?! And that's it?! Fucking hell that's ridiculous, I can't believe that.

sneaky77

As a spanish person, that's fucking bullshit.

As someone that follows a team in La Liga that is fucking bullshit, punishing the teams that do it right, and letting the crooks of the fucking hook..

As a person of the world.. is Spain, did anyone expect different?

Edit: looking at the papers it seems the 10% is a one time amnesty to get cash in for all tax irregularities, not just football clubs.

Jin_7

Hopefully he'll stay in Dortmund. They are trying to extend his contract (from 2013 to 2016) by doubling his salary (1,5m to 3m € a year). Personally I'd say he deserves more than that but the average salary for a Dortmund player is just around 2m €.

Slizz

Hopefully he'll stay in Dortmund. They are trying to extend his contract (from 2013 to 2016) by doubling his salary (1,5m to 3m € a year). Personally I'd say he deserves more than that but the average salary for a Dortmund player is just around 2m €.

Give him 5 Fergie!

rodvik

I believe he will. But I don't have anything to go on. He is going to be appointed player-manager after he is cured, and go on to win us the Champions League as a manager.

Also, Gabby Agbonlahor is being linked to Martin O'Neil and Sunderland. While it isn't necessarily a bad move for either party, I'd be worried that this is the start of the same cycle.

Yeah I am torn about Gabby. he is real Claret & Blue, on the other hand I think he would thrive at Sunderland as they play counter attacking more which we dont.

Lightning

Banned
Fucking UEFA and their joke bans. Wenger didn't deserve that ban and referees shouldn't be beyond a level of criticism. Obviously there has to be some level of control to not bring the game into disrepute but totally outrageous ban.

Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom