• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Tevez to save the day?
KuGsj.gif

What happened to Silva?

If united win the title, it really shows how poor the epl is this season imo

Why? Because there is now another team that can challenge for the title? That there is no such thing as the "top 4" teams? People are challenging each other for European places?

WJD

Yes he is, i said on here a few weeks back that he could very easy play for a top four team and not look out of place. Best £6m we have spent in sometime, fear we wont be able to hold on to him though.

Where's his best position? Seems to be as a number 10 but he looks fairly versatile.

Cobano

Neo Member
Out with Ramsey and in with the Ox, do it Wenger. And RvP needs to start scoring again, it's not like he hasn't had the chances the last couple of games.

K1LLER7

No but I stopped watching as soon as City scored because I blamed myself. Just tuned in apparently right after the 3rd goal lol.

haha, now city's going to score

Silva had a very good start to the season and now he's gone off the boil. Similar to Nasri last season at arsenal

ShogunX

1-2 down and to start the second half Fat Sam takes off Noble, brings on a 5th defender and moves Tomkins into a holding-midfield role, with Cole now playing up front on his own.

Fucks sake Sam. If taking a more defensive, negative approach to this 2nd half works out in the long run, then fair play to you, but I just can't see it. No faith.

Well....... 1-3 Reading. Sam is in the shit now.

Goal Bolton. Wolves are so bad at keeping clean sheets.

Hilariously weak penalty given to Reading there. 1-3 down now.

Cheers Chris Foy, you are without a doubt the muggiest referee West Ham have had the misfortune of being officiated by this past season. Cunt.

Wow Bolton getting all the decisions recently in huge games, iffy penalty today, clear penalty for rovers not given last week, clear goal not given v QPR

That's the sort of stuff that decides things

LegoArmo

If United win the league it'll be with one of the highest points totals in a long time. Their European results don't define the quality of the team. 38 league games will.

Wilbur

Banned
Simple, look at their european record this year. Outclassed by a 'normal' la liga team.

Well I think we've suffered due to our class in the league this season. We started 4-4-2 to accommodate a best team and for some reason we played that formation in Europe as well. We've been brilliant in recent years with 4-5-1/4-3-3 so Fergie's just been a bit naive.

ShogunX

Simple, look at their european record this year. Outclassed by a 'normal' la liga team.

Thought it might of been because of the Bilbao match lol which is why I asked. The League has been poor this year in overall quality but the matches against Bilbao have absolutely no bearing on that. Should we use Chelsea outplaying Valencia yet being the fifth best team in the league as a counter argument?

confuziz

Banned
Well I think we've suffered due to our class in the league this season. We started 4-4-2 to accommodate a best team and for some reason we played that formation in Europe as well. We've been brilliant in recent years with 4-5-1/4-3-3 so Fergie's just been a bit naive.

Also, it says a lot about the condition of a league if a team with that many 30- something players are still playing at the top of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom