• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Hah. There are indeed people here who froth at the mouth at every opportunity to post a big long LLLLOOOOLLLL every time something goes against City, but this isn't one of those things. It was a dive.

Bit silly to not put the majority of the blame at Gardners feet. Dzeko was going away from goal and Gardner gone none of the ball. It can definitely be described as a soft penalty but when you get none of the ball and some of the man you always run the risk of giving away a peno.
Unless of course you are Man Utd playing at Old Trafford and the Ref bottles it.

Wilbur

Banned
Did more today and showed he deserves to start

Not over Aguero definitely. There's a case for him starting over Balotelli but he's the lesser player out of the two. Just needs to have a better attitude than Balotelli. Seemingly not hard but Dzeko's making a good fist of it.

Kyoufu

What? The reason he was brought down is because he went over someone's leg. He was the catalyst for him being brought down; I'd hardly argue Gardner brought him down.

Whatever, I disagree. He's gone looking for it. He's got it. End of.

Well the thing is, the defender obstructed the path to the ball. Dzeko makes clear contact with the defender's leg and goes down. It's a penalty under current football rules.

Also, fuck Chelsea, and fuck Aston Villa.

1-2 down and to start the second half Fat Sam takes off Noble, brings on a 5th defender and moves Tomkins into a holding-midfield role, with Cole now playing up front on his own.

Fucks sake Sam. If taking a more defensive, negative approach to this 2nd half works out in the long run, then fair play to you, but I just can't see it. No faith.

Sky sports lying:

15:43 GOAL! MAN CITY 1-1 SUNDERLAND, Balotelli scores from the spot after Dzeko clearly dived in the box - hope Fergie aint watching, real shocker from the ref

Obviously not proof or anything but shows it wasn't a clear penalty as some seem to think

Meier

Silva just looks awful. Can't create, no pace. Sounded like they said Nasri was hurting..otherwise I can't see why he wouldn't be in for him.

Hope Yaya is okay..

Chelsea 2-0 Villa - Ivanovic

chelsea2l3ugq.gif

WJD

Sky sports lying:

15:43 GOAL! MAN CITY 1-1 SUNDERLAND, Balotelli scores from the spot after Dzeko clearly dived in the box - hope Fergie aint watching, real shocker from the ref

Obviously not proof or anything but shows it wasn't a clear penalty as some seem to think

ah but you're forgetting the fact that all the media in the country are wrapped around Slur Alex's little finger.

Empty

i do wonder how steve bruce and avb feel seeing the exact same squad of players, their players many of them, do so much better under the new manager. must be a hard feeling, it's a real direct indictment of their managerial quality.

edit: omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom