• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Bullshit. Clear penalty, Dzeko absolutely earned it too with the brilliant lead up. No different than a shooter pump faking and drawing a foul in basketball.

Really? Lordy me. He ran into a standing leg that hadn't even attempted to foul or win the ball. That's cheating. If I grabbed someone's fist and punched myself in the face with it, that isn't a foul.

Earned a dive with good play before, fuck me.

And now we're 1-2 down. Fucks sake West Ham. Do all the hard work, then some shit defending, a bit of luck on their part and lack of character on ours, leads to this shit.

God, being a West Ham fan is so fucking depressing.

GorillaJu

City fans, with all these United fans hopping around with schaudenfreude like giddy little goblins, I hope you understand what it's like to be a Liverpool supporter on this board.

But yeah, anyway...

untitled-11fwxa3zox16.gif

Sessengon is so good.

City players all riled up, getting angsty. Good stuff.

Sessengon is so damn good. Where did Sunderland get him from and for how much?

Madridy

Really? Lordy me. He ran into a standing leg that hadn't even attempted to foul or win the ball. That's cheating. If I grabbed someone's fist and punched myself in the face with it, that isn't a foul.

Earned a dive with good play before, fuck me.

Holy shit! are u guys blind?

How is that not a penalty?!

Hixx

Sessengon is so good.

City players all riled up, getting angsty. Good stuff.

Sessengon is so damn good. Where did Sunderland get him from and for how much?

PSG, £6m.

Up yours City, you whinging fucking pretenders. Hawayawayaway!!!!

Phil Bardsley masterful trolling of the cheat.

GorillaJu

The penalty is a little bit of a grey area because it did appear as though Gardner was impeding him without any intention of playing the ball. So I can see where it could be seen as a foul, but Dzeko simply tripping over his not-moving leg on purpose was awful.

Madridy

Because its fucking cheating, if anything he kicked the defender then went down

And I'm 100% neutral here

Because Gardner's stood there and Dzeko's moved into him. Welbeck and Johnson have done it this season, Dzeko's gone looking for a penalty.

Correct. That is also called an obstruction, and it is a foul. The defender was too slow to move his legs away and Dzeko was going full speed ahead. You can see from the way he falls down it not a dive!

Wilbur

Banned
Replay just showed again. Clear penalty. You guys are blind.

Oh God...

Correct. That is also called an obstruction, and it is a foul. The defender was too slow to move his legs away and Dzeko was going full speed ahead. You can see from the way he falls down it not a dive!

Gardner could have gotten out of the way if he was a little faster, I suppose. But no, Dzeko's launched himself at Gardner's leg. He's gone looking for a penalty and fucking hopped over his standing leg.

ShogunX

Just seen the first half goals in the CITY match and the biggest surprise for me is the empty seats dotted around everywhere. Chasing the title against your most hated neighbors and yet still cant sell out their ground? Bad news that.

As for the penalty - For me it's a a pen. Gardner might try and move out of the way of Dzeko but quite simply he doesn't get his body out of the way in time and therefore obstructs Dzeko.

Wilbur

Banned
I just saw the penalty. Yeah, definitely a penalty.

People are just here to hate on City.

Sometimes you make so very little sense.

How is that any different really to what Adam Johnson and Danny Welbeck done earlier on in the season? He's ran towards his leg and tripped over it. It would have benefited him from an open play situation to go in the opposite direction.

Lol.

Isn't it possible that people can genuinely have a difference of opinion? I think it was a dive, or "bought" basically, but I can see why people think it should have been a penalty.

It's contentious. I think it's interesting that fans of teams in other leagues think its a certain penalty, probs be that way in those leagues whereas here its not necessarily the case.

GorillaJu

Hah. There are indeed people here who froth at the mouth at every opportunity to post a big long LLLLOOOOLLLL every time something goes against City, but this isn't one of those things. It was a dive.

Kyoufu

Sometimes you make so very little sense.

How is that any different really to what Adam Johnson and Danny Welbeck done earlier on in the season? He's ran towards his leg and tripped over it. It would have benefited him from an open play situation to go in the opposite direction.

Looking for penalties is a legit strategy. Until they change the rules, then you can't complain.

I don't agree with it either but as far as football goes, if someone brings you down in the box, you're awarded a penalty.

Az

I don't support City, but its kind of sad to see Silva struggling. He has become one of my favorites over the past year or so...

Wilbur

Banned
Lol.

Isn't it possible that people can genuinely have a difference of opinion? I think it was a dive, or "bought" basically, but I can see why people think it should have been a penalty.

It's contentious. I think it's interesting that fans of teams in other leagues think its a certain penalty, probs be that way in those leagues whereas here its not necessarily the case.

I think Kyoufu's just here to hate on United
both Manchester and Newcastle

The obstruction is a fair point. But look at Dzeko move towards him. He's gone looking for a penalty, no doubt about it.

Madridy

Oh God...

Gardner could have gotten out of the way if he was a little faster, I suppose. But no, Dzeko's launched himself at Gardner's leg. He's gone looking for a penalty and fucking hopped over his standing leg.

Man, I know what are you trying to say, and I've seen it a lot where players go looking for a penalty(Welback&Adam), but that is not the case here, not even close.

Edit: I don't know, but after seeing La Liga way too much and a much softer penalties are given every week.

But I'm really surprised by the notions that it was a dive! How in the world is that a dive?! I don't even...

A dive is when a player throw himself to the ground or falls from no physical contact at all or maybe minimal contact...
But with Dezko there was an obstruction and big collision between the players, in which prevented Dezko from reaching the ball!

Wilbur

Banned
Looking for penalties is a legit strategy. Until they change the rules, then you can't complain.

I don't agree with it either but as far as football goes, if someone brings you down in the box, you're awarded a penalty.

What? The reason he was brought down is because he went over someone's leg. He was the catalyst for him being brought down; I'd hardly argue Gardner brought him down.

Man, I know what are you trying to say, and I've seen it a lot where players go looking for a penalty(Welback&Adam), but that is not the case here, not even close.

Whatever, I disagree. He's gone looking for it. He's got it. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom