• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

If United win the league it'll be with one of the highest points totals in a long time. Their European results don't define the quality of the team. 38 league games will.

Yes, but for us unfortunate few who watched those 38 league games, we will know the truth.

Oh, god, Balotelli and Kolorov. This is ridiculous.

LegoArmo

United are undeniably a better team than Chelsea, and they're most likely going to be semi finalists in the Champions League. Football doesn't work like that.

Scum

article-1303386931128-0BB8E23000000578-914302_636x377.jpg

Bo-Locks

Simple, look at their european record this year. Outclassed by a 'normal' la liga team.

And city were beaten by a 'normal' serie a club who were then battered by a 5th placed Chelsea. Premier league clubs have been poor in Europe this season, but I don't know how Manchester united winning the league reflects badly on the league as opposed to city winning it. That logic justdoesn't make any sense.

confuziz

Banned
And city were beaten by a 'normal' serie a club who were then battered by a 5th placed Chelsea. Premier league clubs have been poor in Europe this season, but I don't know how Manchester united winning the league reflects badly on the league as opposed to city winning it. That logic justdoesn't make any sense.

Napoli isn't a normal club

madmackem

We have a little history with manchester clubs and league titles, we beat man utd to hand city the title there last in 68?. We play man utd last day of the season again too.

And at least unlike La Liga new contenders for the title and European positions emerge every season.

2-1 down, takes of best midfield player for a defender, reverts to defensive formation, concedes 3rd goal. All while 'fighting' for automatic promotion.

At this point, I'm almost willing to believe that, if it wouldn't kill us financially, we'd be better of firing Alardyce and spending a season or two rebuilding in the Championship, because we aren't getting promoted like this.

GorillaJu

How can you possibly be this blind?

We've seen United play. Any team that plays as mundanely as they do and still wins the league is indeed making a statement about the quality of the league.

Wilbur

Banned
2-1 down, takes of best midfield player for a defender, reverts to defensive formation, concedes 3rd goal. All while 'fighting' for automatic promotion.

At this point, I'm almost willing to believe that, if it wouldn't kill us financially, we'd be better of firing Alardyce and spending a season or two rebuilding in the Championship, because we aren't getting promoted like this.

I think so too, stop having such a big club mentality and rebuilding would be much better for West Ham.

madmackem

We've seen United play. Any team that plays as mundanely as they do and still wins the league is indeed making a statement about the quality of the league.

Yep its the worst utd side in years yet they still look like walking away with it. Prem might be lacking quality but for a league to watch its pretty good as on any day you can have an upset.

Cobano

Neo Member
Ramsey for gervinho. Can someone explain how Ramsey who is shit gets to start, Gervinho who has been shit since he got back from African cup of nations gets the chance to turn this around and the Ox who has been in great form is still on the bench.

Bo-Locks

People have been saying that for years. The only difference this year is that United have been shit in Europe. City have also been shit in Europe, so I don't understand how United winning the leage reflects badly on the league, but City winning it wouldn't. My logic is fine.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Oh, please. United have played some nice football in the league this season and while they've been below some of their previous standards, they have still been entertaining. It's 'top' teams like Chelsea and Liverpool who have been playing truly mundane football for most of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom