• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Hes been utter utter shit for us, he comes into the backline and it crumbles. He is the worst centre back ive seen in red n white since we were a struggling division one side in the early 90s. He was the main cause of the shambles against everton at the back on tuesday he comes on and a solid backline turns to shite today.

He might of been shite for you since he joined but he had nothing to do with that today. Like I said earlier blaming him is beyond stupid.

K1LLER7

So gotta expect Man U to go 5 points clear on Monday. I think that fightback could be a turning point for City now, they've been let off the hook big time. Got to make every game count now.

Etihad derby is going to be HUGE!

think they'll drop points at arsenal imo.

So gotta expect Man U to go 5 points clear on Monday. I think that fightback could be a turning point for City now, they've been let off the hook big time. Got to make every game count now.
I'm not saying that City won't rally but this logic is bullshit. They came back to beat Chelsea and then went and drew at Stoke.

Prepare for me to say cunt a lot this afternoon when teams around us win.

I may curse Liverpool out of habit recently as well
Lo and behold; Wigan, QPR and Bolton all win. Hows your luck?! Wolves definitely down now. Blackburn will be right up for it on Monday night, I'm worried.

City game. DAMN YOU SUNDERLAND! I feel like the keeper should have done better on both goals. Also, Bendtner gave his full back NO help for Balotelli's goal, just wondered off. That said, it's points dropped and the perfect home record gone, would have certainly taken that before kick off. Defeat would have left City dead and buried though.

Must win for us on Monday. Cancel out the GD and get 5 points clear. Said it before, we need to be 4+ clear by the time we go to the Etihad. Final day trip to the SoL doesn't look good either.

dc89

FUUUUU

City could have done with a win today. We go to Arse next week for God's sake!

Sunderland did really well and brought the game to them! So many teams have showed up at the Etihad and just sat back but Sunderland didn't!

Great comeback though.

Empty

Final day trip to the SoL doesn't look good either.

i dunno. i don't think sunderland will have anything to play for by then and while they're professionals i'm not sure the ex-united players will care too much to put in a strong performance like today to rob us of the league.

the everton match worries me much more. i think we'll lose points there.

GorillaJu

i dunno. i don't think sunderland will have anything to play for by then and while they're professionals i'm not sure the ex-united players will care too much to put in a strong performance like today to rob us of the league.

This is nauseating. I feel queasy reading this.

I'm not saying that City won't rally but this logic is bullshit. They came back to beat Chelsea and then went and lost at Swansea.

Wait what? When did that happen?

I see what you're saying but this is really it now, Man U are going 5 points clear on Monday. If City want to win the league then they really can't afford to make any more big mistakes. Both sides are going to drop points but the pressure is on City big time now. I just think that will give them abit of momentum going into the Arsenal game!

Then again, Mancini really needs to step up and sort Balotelli out. Yeah he scored twice today but when they were 3-1 down it really looked like he was about to implode...

immy

Banned

What have you done to the pig from BG&E in your avatar?

Blablurn

robben-nuernberg-600.jpg

Hixx

Minger had a fucking mare with the two goals, they crossed the line very, very central.

Shame Kilgallon had to go off, he was excellent just like he was before he got injured. Colback, Sess, Cattermole, Bendtner were absolutely superb.

Rad-

City drew huh. Feels good but it's far from over. United will drop points at least twice from their remaining games.

Minger had a fucking mare with the two goals, they crossed the line very, very central.

Shame Kilgallon had to go off, he was excellent just like he was before he got injured. Colback, Sess, Cattermole, Bendtner were absolutely superb.
Mr Hixx, since you're here, can you PM me either your gif source or an idea of how to make them. Would much appreciate it. Would like to do them for the Chelsea games for another forum I use, and here of course.

Clegg

Wait what? When did that happen?

I see what you're saying but this is really it now, Man U are going 5 points clear on Monday. If City want to win the league then they really can't afford to make any more big mistakes. Both sides are going to drop points but the pressure is on City big time now. I just think that will give them abit of momentum going into the Arsenal game!

Not sure about that. They came back to beat Chelsea and everyone said that would give them the momentum to push for the title. The very next game they drew to Stoke.

City needed to win all their home games and get at least draws from away fixtures and they've made a hash of doing that so far. They need Blackburn to do United over tomorrow and that is by no means a certainty. Although I wouldn't be totally surprised if United dropped points there.

Todays result was bad for City.

ShogunX

The real story is Everton above Lolerpool.

Thats not a story. The real story happens on the 14th of April. The whole city is buzzing about it and that result alone pretty much makes or breaks either teams season (Carling cup win aside obviously). Not even sure I'm looking forward to it because if we lose then.....Oh god no....NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I'm not a City fan, but look up at the post I just quoted. If that's not an entitlement complex, then I don't know what is.
Your anti-United bias is all too clear at times mate. Which is fine, just saying. Didn't think that post was lathered with self-entitlement. You can bet everyone will be going on about the "help" United get from their friends anytime that situation arises. We hear it often enough.

I don't care if the leagues shit or if we're our worst side ever. A title is a title. I kinda doubt there would be so much talk about the league being poor of City were on course to win it.

It is a weaker league than most years and it is a weaker United team than in the past. If we do win it though, United fans and more importantly the manager and players won't e fooling themselves into thinking we're untouchable. Whatever happens the club will be aiming to go even better again next year. Our performances in the cups has been rubbish and that's not good enough for us. Nobody is forgetting that. As I said, a title is a title, will be even sweeter if people wanna knock it down as a second-rate one.

Empty

I'm not a City fan, but look up at the post I just quoted. If that's not an entitlement complex, then I don't know what is.

aww i didn't really mean it that way, maybe it was the terrible choice to use the word rob. i don't think they're literally going to throw away the match or not care at all, just that it requires a lot of motivation to put in excellent defensive displays against top teams, as seen in most of todays match and in the 1-0 against city at the stadium of light there's a lot of concentration and had work needed, and on top of the lack of motivation you get from a possible dead rubber, i think it's going to be even harder to get motivated to really put in the huge workload if it means taking the title away from the team that wes brown has played for over ten years so that their closest rival can win it.

by the same token i think mascherano was even more fired up in the champions league final last season because he could stop united from winning who he'd grown to dislike at liverpool.

What have you done to the pig from BG&E in your avatar?

someone zeldaified it before skyward sword, i think it's meant to be like oot ganon, but i deleted the original file and haven't gotten round to finding the right screenshot and editing it to size so it looks normal again.

Fry

chelsea's doing really well recently. di matteo effect?

Probably, Torres is finding his feet but he isn't going back to the player he was before (clinical finisher), he is doing a fine job in being the supplier and giving assists, really nice to see.

elsk

Banned
Just watched the highlights. Wow, we were extremely unlucky to not score at least 2 more goals. Also, the first goal was not off-side ffs, fucking referees always fucking hating us.

WJD

Jesus, we absolutely have to win on Monday. Don't care how shit the performance, we just need 3 points. I don't mind if the winner is an own goal off Paul Robinson's arse - NEED TO WIN.

we'll draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom