• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

I'm still not convinced. They conceded two horrible goals today against a dreadful Villa side, lost meekly to City two weeks ago and scraped a point at home to Spurs last week. Their other wins have been against Stoke, Brimingham, Leicester, Benfica and Napoli. Their weaknesses haven't gone away.

The same Stoke that Spurs drew against? The Napoli that put out Man City? The Benfica that put out Man United? Results are results, and we're scraping some decent ones together.

Wilbur

Banned
Ronaldo's assist takes him to 9 for the season in the Liga which apparently has him joint 3rd with Messi. Surprising if true, though Messi had many more.

Can't wait for Barca-Bilbao. I bet Barca just run all over them though.

Messi has a lot in Europe/cup I think. Ronaldo gets unfair flak in comparison with Messi though.

I'll miss the game because I'm going to see 21 Jump Street but there's no way Thursday doesn't affect Bilbao. Expect this to be a walkover and the Copa Dey Rey to be a brilliant match.

I love how calmly Özil plays. He's still developing but still I love to watch him play.

One of my very favourite players. If I made a list of players still playing, he'd be top 5/10. Brilliant.

Madridy

Man! Argentinian players are the best when it comes to lop and chip goals!

- Messi
- Higuain
- Ortega
- Maradona
- Crespo
- Di Maria

and many more

Watch youtube of these guys

Wilbur

Banned
Messi's the greatest player I've ever seen. I sit there sometimes reading about his goals and think 'he's just a great goalscorer' but then I watch him... he takes my breath away so much. I think it's exaggerated when commentators jizz over him every time he touches it, but he's phenomenal.

Ronaldo 2-0

ieVqHirp9BiZV.gif

Higuian 3-0

ibgXN8q4kunNMO.gif

Hixx

Messi's the greatest player I've ever seen. I sit there sometimes reading about his goals and think 'he's just a great goalscorer' but then I watch him... he takes my breath away so much. I think it's exaggerated when commentators jizz over him every time he touches it, but he's phenomenal.

Messi is the player every football fan imagines they are. He is literally the stuff of dreams.

dschalter

Correcto, only because Iniesta is the best player in the World.

And well, Messi might be the third, because Xavi is even better football player.

this anti-hype nonsense again. they are both fine players, but it's only with messi rising to prominence. that barcelona has become a completely unstoppable juggernaut.

GQman2121

Banned
Correcto, only because Iniesta is the best player in the World.

And well, Messi might be the third, because Xavi is even better football player.

Agreed. Expect for all those times when Messi dribbles the ball from mid field, passes by three defenders and then lobs the ball over the keeper and winks at the camera. Yeah, Xavi and Iniesta are better.......

Wilbur

Banned
Shall I bring statistics? Or are still considered bullshit?

They're not bullshit, but there's no way Xavi is a better player than Messi. He's brilliant, and maybe there's a case for Iniesta being close, but Messi's on another level.

Messi first, Iniesta second, Ronaldo third, Xavi fourth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom