• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol apparently allegri was furious after the game, complaining about the decisions.

allegri said:
If behaving like Juve does works, we will also start to do it

about time, it is not nice to do this but it clearly influences the refs and i'm tired of getting screwed over. good to see max show some passion.

They're not bullshit, but there's no way Xavi is a better player than Messi. He's brilliant, and maybe there's a case for Iniesta being close, but Messi's on another level.

Messi first, Iniesta second, Ronaldo third, Xavi fourth

Must be something personal, mostly everyone keeps saying that Messi is the best.

But the creativity, intuition, teamplay, game vision and class that Iniesta has is, imho, over Messi. He's a far more complete player. And well, Iniesta has win a WC.

Carbonox

Eurosport text coverage of the Real Madrid game:

"What a fantastic start to the second half from Barcelona. If they can get another back then this could get interesting."

:lol

In other news, Ryan Taylor has been called up to the GB Olympics team.

Wilbur

Banned
Must be something personal, mostly everyone keeps saying that Messi is the best.

But the creativity, intuition, teamplay, game vision and class that Iniesta has is, imho, over Messi. He's a far more complete player. And well, Iniesta has win a WC.

So has Fabio Grosso. Grosso > Messi?

I think everything you've just said Messi has just as much as Iniesta. You could swap their positions and Messi would be just as good in Iniesta's position. But Iniesta wouldn't be as good in Messi's.

Benzema 1-0 (I missed the start of the game haha)

iUms6OujZZNWw.gif

Nino 1-3

iM1I1tZv3R4dX.gif

Everytime I make one another goes in :/

Carbonox

lolwat

They've announced this already?

I guess the letters are going out as Ryan received a letter from Stuart Pearce basically asking him to participate.

Ronaldo trolling. He wants a bit of a challenge in the match rather than steamrolling the opposition, so he helps defend for them. :p

So has Fabio Grosso. Grosso > Messi?

I think everything you've just said Messi has just as much as Iniesta. You could swap their positions and Messi would be just as good in Iniesta's position. But Iniesta wouldn't be as good in Messi's.

I don't think that Messi has the same vision that Iniesta or Xavi have.

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't say WTF YOU CRAZY FUCKFART if anyone did think Xavi or Iniesta were better. I just 100% disagree. Both wonderful players.

Like I say, I'd have Messi first, Iniesta second, Ronaldo third, Xavi fourth, Cleverley fifth.

I wouldn't say WTF YOU CRAZY FUCKFART if anyone did think Xavi or Iniesta were better. I just 100% disagree. Both wonderful players.

Like I say, I'd have Messi first, Iniesta second, Ronaldo third, Xavi fourth, Cleverley fifth.

Same here, is just an opinion, not a thing I try to sell like a fact.

I think as much as Guardiola respects Bielsa, he knows the EL excursions will have tired them. Cesc is exactly what they need for the match against Milan.

He didn't play against Milan as well. Maybe there's something more than physical problems.

We'll see on Tuesday what happens.

And I agree with Bielsa with the starting XI.

He has to give rest to some players, and forcing to play against Barcelona is hard.

Zabojnik

lol apparently allegri was furious after the game, complaining about the decisions.

about time, it is not nice to do this but it clearly influences the refs and i'm tired of getting screwed over. good to see max show some passion.

Lol. He's been complaining for like ages. He mentiones Muntari's goal and, strangely enough, Marotta, whenever he can. We basically complained once and he's been using it as an excuse ever since. Stile Milan, I guess.

Doesn't he run funny? Very upright. It's all legs movement. You'd think he'd be even faster when sprinting if he put his head forward a bit.
According to the show where they tested him. He runs very like a sprinter, upright with very little movement side to side. In fact, he was only marginally slower than the sprinter he was competing against in a straight sprint, but quite a bit faster than the sprinter in the zigzag length they did which is more what he's used to, having to dodge players and what have you.

According to the show where they tested him. He runs very like a sprinter, upright with very little movement side to side. In fact, he was only marginally slower than the sprinter he was competing against in a straight sprint, but quite a bit faster than the sprinter in the zigzag length they did which is more what he's used to, having to dodge players and what have you.
I think there was a lot of side to side movement. Certainly looks like it.

37 goals and 10 assists in the Liga alone. I thought 40 goals last season was ridiculous, he and Messi should go well beyond that this term.

Wilbur

Banned
sorry. i know its old and everybody mentioned that already but fucking primera division is such a boring competition.

The top two are so good to watch I don't really have many complaints, and there is a lot of quality outside that. The strongest league for me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

About time? About time what? Allegri is on the front page complaining every week.

Tired of getting screwed over =/= the amount of penalties Ibra scored.

edit: Beaten

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fabio Paratici (sporting director) attended Schalke - Athletic Bilbao for Fernando Llorente.

I automatically approve of every La Liga player after Cáceres.

http://www.acmilan.com/en God, I hate those things. Just don't speak with the press until next weekend, why do they have to do this crap?

From that photo (taken from a TV with a cellphone, I suppose. That's like pro do! :D) the ball seems to be completely over the line. Eh. I don't know what to say, maybe Ibra should've done much more today, he did almost nothing against Barça, then again, Catania is a nice team, so a 1-1 away isn't a bad result, I guess. Still...

rififi

Same here, is just an opinion, not a thing I try to sell like a fact.

It's always difficult to compare players in different positions to label one as better than the other. Obviously Messi puts on a greater show than Xavi or Iniesta: dribbling, finishing, scores many goals, assists, etc. so he gets more praise and recognition because his talent is more "obvious", but Xavi and Iniesta are the key to holding possession, maintaining the midfield advantage, and usually in initiating the sequence that will eventually create the goal by Messi.

Personally, I agree with you, I think Xavi and Iniesta are more important to Barca's success (hence why Messi and Argentina don't perform as well, while Spain are champions of europe and the world - at least until this summer).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://www.acmilan.com/en God, I hate those things. Just don't speak with the press until next weekend, why do they have to do this crap?

From that photo (taken from a TV with a cellphone, I suppose. That's like pro do! :D) the ball seems to be completely over the line. Eh. I don't know what to say, maybe Ibra should've done much more today, he did almost nothing against Barça, then again, Catania is a nice team, so a 1-1 away isn't a bad result, I guess. Still...

Not a bad result at all. 8 of their 10 wins came at home, including wins over Napoli, Lazio, Viola, Palermo and Inter (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom