• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Thread was dead last night, and there was seven matches today. The move to community has definitely had an effect.

Page 40 has posts from yesterday.

There are posts from today between pages 42 and 60. I think these are pretty good average numbers.

So kind of crazy Chelsea match. Happy to see that the attacking play is on its way back to better times, even Torres did very well today and was in much small quick play with the others, should probably have scored at least one more goal but... At least he got one at last! The defense however was nearly Villa levels at times, luckily Ivan can go up and score after he has left his right back open a few times.

Benfica - Braga game was kind of a joke to watch lol. Every tiny touch against a Benfica player = faul. But a Benfica player pushing a Braga player on the penalty box = not a penalty.

Oh well, FIRST PLACE!

and before I forget : Come home Ståle

16jit.jpg

Noirulus

Man Ozil looks so bummed when he walks off the pitch :(
Feels like he never gets to play the 90 minutes.

I think that's because he's always tired as hell. He needs to train his conditioning :[

Ronaldo is the physical specimen that you expect to dominate football, but a player like Messi reminds you that this sport is not about measurables. It's about vision, anticipation, balance, and focus.

I understand what you're getting at, but that makes more sense for a player like Zizou. Messi has a very agile and strong body.

As for these player rankings, there's no doubt Messi is #1 right now, with Ronaldo at #2.

But. If the CL final is Madrid-Barca and Ronaldo scores some decisive goals, I can see the Ballon d'Or going to Ronaldo.

TeegsD

What a day of football and of course I missed it. Arsenal lost, Chelsea managed to lose a 2 goal lead but scored 2 more, and City came back for a draw. Unfortunately Benfica won with a goal in stoppage time. Can't wait for Sporting tomorrow and ManU on Monday.

It does feel dead.

And why doesn't RVP want to score anymore? Maybe he'll feel like it next week.
I hope so!! If United win against Blackburn and then against QPR we'll be 8 ahead of City before they play at Arsenal!

I have a horrible feeling we'll lose on Monday though :(

Tmrws games should be good. Hope Newcastle and Spurs can win!

I know it's only higlights but Torres looked brilliant on motd

He also celebrated every goal as well
Yep, thought so too. Stole all of Mata's assists though. Lame.

Wilbur

Banned
It feels dead? Really? I don't give two shits about the change haha, everyone that posted here already still does. Meh.

Also, 21 Jump Street is awesome. It's like a mix of Superbad and Pineapple Express. Heartily recommend it

Salazar

I think it has always been like this, the football matches are over, it's sunday night, etc.

I was busy, yo. I am brushing the dust off my trousers from searching for a lady's glove under a table.

And I have an amazing cough that gallons of champagne was unable to assuage.

I hope so!! If United win against Blackburn and then against QPR we'll be 8 ahead of City before they play at Arsenal!

I have a horrible feeling we'll lose on Monday though :(

Tmrws games should be good. Hope Newcastle and Spurs can win!

Yep, thought so too. Stole all of Mata's assists though. Lame.

I can't see it happening, I could see a draw but no way in hell will yous lose!

Excited for the Newcastle game tommorow, if we can get the three points it'll be a fantastic result to keep the pressure on Chelsea for that fifth spot :D (I can't believe with 7 games to go I'm typing that. Feels good man)

Clegg

I was busy, yo. I am brushing the dust off my trousers from searching for a lady's glove under a table.

I wasn't reading this post clearly enough.

At first glance I thought it said you'd gotten a handjob from a girl wearing a glove, under a table.

Carbonox

Fernando Torres has scored or assisted in 18 goals for Chelsea this season.

When you read it like that, I wouldn't blame you for saying he's still one of the best players in the country. :p

Ridiculously off topic question here. Don't really know why I'm asking anyway because there's nothing to go on at all on the next gen consoles yet. But if you had to pick one right now... Nextbox or PS4?

and you can't say PC

It feels dead? Really? I don't give two shits about the change haha, everyone that posted here already still does. Meh.

Also, 21 Jump Street is awesome. It's like a mix of Superbad and Pineapple Express. Heartily recommend it
I thought it was just okay... so fuck you.

Ridiculously off topic question here. Don't really know why I'm asking anyway because there's nothing to go on at all on the next gen consoles yet. But if you had to pick one right now... Nextbox or PS4?

and you can't say PC
Nextbox. I jumped ship, Sony's lose post PS2 was Microsoft's Gain.

Fry

Why? Was she blind? Did she touch your tiny penis?

and you can't say PC

I had a PS1, then a PS2, and now a Xbox360. I'd like to go back to Sony, but not because I'm unhappy with Microsoft (which isn't the case, AT ALL), mainly because their exclusive franchises are my favorites. I still haven't played MGS4 and that's ridiculous.

Salazar

At first glance I thought it said you'd gotten a handjob from a girl wearing a glove, under a table.

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I had hopes for such an outcome.

What's a Liverpool analogue. I hit the post ? I played too beautifully ?

Carbonox

and you can't say PC

The next Xbox. I'm done with Sony unless they come up with something amazing. Their exclusives are on the slide and PSN is shite.

and you can't say PC
WiiU!

I can see myself not buying a next gen console. Fewer and fewer games I'm interested in playing...

I would be lying if I didn't admit that I had hopes for such an outcome.

What's a Liverpool analogue. I hit the post ? I played too beautifully ?
You hoped for a gloved hand job?

WiiU!

I can see myself not buying a next gen console. Fewer and fewer games I'm interested in playing...
Yeah, I'll get the Nextbox and probably play it even less than my 360, which will basically be never.

Clegg

and you can't say PC

PS 4

I'd get the nextbox a few years after release, once it became clear that there weren't any hardware problems ala the 360.

and you can't say PC

Well I've brought a PS1, PS2 and have a PS3 so I'm pretty sure I'll get a PS4. Mainly because they have too many exclusives that I play, and so many studios that I like that make games only for Sony.

At least it's only 24 hours till wrestlemania, he may support a bad team but bootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is easily the best wrestle gaf poster.

Kyfou (sorry its late) and chriswok you watching? Who else is?

Oooh long Johnson

Edit: nextbox

I have to say Nextbox myself. It's sad, but my 60gb launch PS3 has sat in a plastic bag under my bed for almost 2 years now. I heard Journey is quite good so I might get it out for that. I hardly play my Xbox any more either to be fair. But I felt kind of conned by Sony by buying one at launch. And I never felt connected to other people when I played online on it. It all seemed very lonely and depressing. Having said that, maybe the PS4 will be awesome and I'll change my mind. One thing I'm certain of is that I won't be getting both of them this time.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought it was just okay... so fuck you.

Nextbox. I jumped ship, Sony's lose post PS2 was Microsoft's Gain.

shut up cocknose.

What's not to like?! I thought it was really well written and directed. Channing Tatum was great. I like it when a film catches me by surprise when I dislike a lot of films of the same vein.

Also fuck Fry as well, he's just as obsessed with my cock as Mastadon.

Watching MOTD now, Torres looked awesome and Dzeko jumped all over Gardner.

elsk

Banned

and you can't say PC

PS4 I think... Paying for online playing is just stupid, never again!

At least it's only 24 hours till wrestlemania, he may support a bad team but bootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is easily the best wrestle gaf poster.

Kyfou (sorry its late) and chriswok you watching? Who else is?

Oooh long Johnson

Edit: nextbox
I'll probably watch. Saw last years, pretty much the only wrestling I watch now, gone downhill so badly.

What's the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom