• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0

untitled-47pxoo.gif

GorillaJu

I don't care (hur hur) if I sound like a certain other member of this forum,

but all you "lolerpool" people can fuck right off at the moment. Two horrible officiating mistakes are the only reason it isn't 1-1 right now.

sohois

There is probably some video of horrendous offsides which i am unaware of, but that goal surely has to be one of the worst.

Slizz

I don't care (hur hur) if I sound like a certain other member of this forum,

but all you "lolerpool" people can fuck right off at the moment. Two horrible officiating mistakes are the only reason it isn't 1-1 right now.

Assuming you make the PK off the non called handball right? Or was a goal called back? I missed the beginning of the second half.

From the aerial view, someone definitely touches the ball before it reaches Cisse.

This

I'm watching again in super slo-mo, and there was a touch.

edit* It was the underside of Carragher's calf on closer inspection. Y'all should be watching on Sky+ if you want to confirm, but I don't think most of you are

(no hate)

I've no idea who it was though. Rewinded it 3-4 time now and I still can't tell who touched it. As harsh as it sounds you can't give it offside if you don't know who the last touch came from. You give the front man the benefit of the doubt in an offside situation.

elfinke

This

I'm watching again in super slo-mo, and there was a touch.

edit* It was the underside of Carragher's calf on closer inspection. Y'all should be watching on Sky+ if you want to confirm, but I don't think most of you are

(no hate)

The touch was clear as day at full speed. Great decision by the officials. The only one they've got wrong tonight is the handball, but as long as the rule stays the way it is (too much room for interpretation) that's what's going to happen time to time.

I think Newcastle fans are giving Carrol & Enrique too much credit by booing them when they get the ball. They should get a half-hearted shrug at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom