• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

If you go in with your head you're going to get sent off. It always happens.

Just because it 'always happens' because it was a 'stupid move' does not change the fact that it quite clearly was not a foul, there was almost no contact and Perch entirely bought the red card.

Oh wow, that was hilarious. From the red to Gerrard telling Daglish to go back to the technical area.
that was my favourite bit. Gerrard looked at Kenny with dismay :lol

Perch defo made the most of it and left a leg in to wind Reina up but it's always a red if a player goes towards another aggressively and makes contact.

I wonder if Enrique trains for a situation like this or if he's sitting back there thinking "oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, please don't come to me"

Just because it 'always happens' because it was a 'stupid move' does not change the fact that it quite clearly was not a foul, there was almost no contact and Perch entirely bought the red card.

There may not have been much contact but you can't do that. Just like you can't swing at someone, regardless of whether you hit them or not, i.e. Scholes on Alonso.

What's this about Milan's website photoshoping a picture to make it look like the ball passed the line? Any truth to it? Fool's day and all. Would be hilarious if true. :)

The fun thing is that there actually is a clear image of the ball passing the line, but who knows why they decided to go with that one:
0M1RQP2H--300x145.jpg

I think that the shot and saving happened really too fast for the linesman (who got almost everything wrong in the second half) to see. It was different from that Muntari goal, which was more clear, imho.

sohois

There may not have been much contact but you can't do that. Just like you can't swing at someone, regardless of whether you hit them or not, i.e. Scholes on Alonso.

People seem to be reacting as though Reina lent in and went for a headbutt, but that is clearly not what happened. He put his head down and prepared to 'clash heads' with perch, expecting a similar reaction. However, Perch collapsed as though he had been shot. Leaning your head forward and taking a step does not display any kind of attempt at harm, there was no foul there.

elfinke said:
Spot on. Unlike many other rules and regs, intent plays a massive part in how to interpret contact and attempted contact. A nasty slide tackle that misses but had all the intent in the world to take a player out can still warrant a yellow card, or worse.

Same story here. All intent.

there was zero intent there, i dont know how you can suggest that.

elfinke

Spot on. Unlike many other rules and regs, intent plays a massive part in how to interpret contact and attempted contact. A nasty slide tackle that misses but had all the intent in the world to take a player out can still warrant a yellow card, or worse.

Same story here. All intent.

GorillaJu

There isn't anything Kenny could say right now that I wouldn't blame him for. We didn't play like world beaters but we didn't deserve to lose 2-0 with 10 men.

Zabojnik

I think that the shot and saving happened really too fast for the linesman (who got almost everything wrong in the second half) to see. It was different from that Muntari goal, which was more clear, imho.

No need to be humble, I think we can all agree on that. :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom