• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Liverpool should probably buy 2 strikers in the summer. And 2 wingers.

We're desperate for a Suarez-type player who plays a bit deeper and passes better. I'd prioritize a good creative midfielder who can play high up on the pitch over a winger. We don't have a Silva, Iniesta, etc. I don't think Gerrard has deteriorated nearly as much as he just doesn't have anyone near his level of talent around him except Suarez.

And it goes without saying that we do indeed need a fucking goalscorer.

Moobabe

That was amazing. Dalglish has no idea, none at all.

I feel for Carroll, honestly I do. Having Torres in our side and watching him struggle was tough - but he worked hard for the team and is starting to get his reward. Carroll isn't getting any kind of service in this Liverpool side - why bring on Downing to play him wide right? And THEN to take off Carroll!? Then take off Bellamy - an actual threat - and replace him with Henderson? Shocking management.

Icing on the cake was Gerrard's look to Dalglish. Perfect. Now come on Swansea - do us a favour.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i just found out you can be a manager of a club and national team at the same time in fm12. i've turned down the USA and italy job to stick with cesena multiple times :(

LegoArmo

We're desperate for a Suarez-type player who plays a bit deeper and passes better. I'd prioritize a good creative midfielder who can play high up on the pitch over a winger. We don't have a Silva, Iniesta, etc. I don't think Gerrard has deteriorated nearly as much as he just doesn't have anyone near his level of talent around him except Suarez.

And it goes without saying that we do indeed need a fucking goalscorer.

I guess it depends on what style you intend to play. If you're keeping Carroll, I'd get wingers.

FuturusX

Liverpool should probably buy 2 strikers in the summer.

The choices are:

(A)- Sack Manager in May, bring in new manager, spend more money on players, sell dead wood at best possible price

(B)- Keep manager, only spend close to what can be generated in sales, if the manager chooses.

Any other choice is just plain crazy. Kenny has a year left on his contract so either option makes sense to me.

No contact from Reina, but it was a dumb thing to do anyway. Perch should've been off too.

Pretty sure Kenny has just done away with all the good work that Rafa did to bring the club into the present.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't watch the match but seen the gifs. You know what, it's a shame because I genuinely like the Pool fans on here and even in Benitez's time I didn't detest them like I do now, Kenny's ruined that for me. Might sound a bit rich coming from me haha but he's a sour little man, he's really spoilt the image of Liverpool for me.

Seemed unlucky today though, but I think the referee's done the right thing in both instances. They're obviously aware about the 2nd phase in offside plays and I think whether it's called right or not, there's not much to complain about unless you 100% know the rules.

The red, the ref is just going to go on what he's seen, which is Reina's head going forward and Perch reacting. All the blame should be at Reina and Perch's feet.

Good win for Newcastle though, Pardew's doing a hell of a job.

sohois

That was amazing. Dalglish has no idea, none at all.

I feel for Carroll, honestly I do. Having Torres in our side and watching him struggle was tough - but he worked hard for the team and is starting to get his reward. Carroll isn't getting any kind of service in this Liverpool side - why bring on Downing to play him wide right? And THEN to take off Carroll!? Then take off Bellamy - an actual threat - and replace him with Henderson? Shocking management.

Icing on the cake was Gerrard's look to Dalglish. Perfect. Now come on Swansea - do us a favour.

Ridiculous, Liverpool in no way deserved that result, they were largely the better team. Maybe they wouldn't have actually won but in no way should this have been a loss. As for the subs, Bellamy has just come back after several weeks off and is known for his injury proneness, of course he would be subbed. Dalglish sent out a positive team that should've won, but they never had a hope against such a reffing performance.

Does anyone recall if Gervinhos red was rescinded after Barton threw himself to the floor?
I don't think it was.

Somebody plz gif Gerrards look towards Daglish.

That was a certain handball. Referee got that all wrong, not sure where he was stood, view may have been obstructed.

elseanio

I don't think it was.

Somebody plz gif Gerrards look towards Daglish.

That was a certain handball. Referee got that all wrong, not sure where he was stood, view may have been obstructed.

Linesman was in line, but obviously the post would have been obstructing the view

Must say, can't say I agree with Reina's red. Didn't look like he was going to headbutt, but rather square up, which happens all the time. He didn't even touch Perch, and yet he's rolling around like a tube.

Regardless, hilarious game, great watch. And Liverpool's meltdown makes me feel better about a poor Chelsea season.

Moobabe

Ridiculous, Liverpool in no way deserved that result, they were largely the better team. Maybe they wouldn't have actually won but in no way should this have been a loss. As for the subs, Bellamy has just come back after several weeks off and is known for his injury proneness, of course he would be subbed. Dalglish sent out a positive team that should've won, but they never had a hope against such a reffing performance.

I know it's easy to defend your team, and is often the best thing to do, but behave. Kenny, and the players, have done too much wrong this season - a lot of the players on the pitch, and Liverpool's extended squad, are not good enough for that football club. Since football GAF loves stats so much - Newcastle had more possession, more efforts on goal and more on target and converted two of them. I don't recall Krul making any fantastic saves in the match. Liverpool were tame at best.

Regardless, hilarious game, great watch. And Liverpool's meltdown makes me feel better about a poor Chelsea season.

I know right!

Keio

For a Finer World
The bitter tears are the best condiment for my afternoon snack. Keep the coming!

Still surprised how well Perch and Williamson did. Expected many more heart-in-mouth moments.

And the handball? Still a shoulder which he smartly moved to catch the ball :)

Even if all that is true...Liverpool should be playing better than that.

Simple as that for me. Excuses only go so far, 6 defeats in 7 and not a decent performance in any of those games. Not good enough.

I don't think Dalglish's tenure at Liverpool can really continue. When things have been rough, he's pretty much been found wanting on every occasion.

That moment with Gerrard on the pitch pretty much said it all.

Fat Sam is now leading West Ham out of the promotion spots.

LegoArmo

Newcastle had more possesion, more shots on and off target, and the more clear chances. Not a chance Liverpool deserved to win. Maybe they played better for the first 25 minutes, but there was 65 more after that where they did nothing.

elseanio

Must say, can't say I agree with Reina's red. Didn't look like he was going to headbutt, but rather square up, which happens all the time. He didn't even touch Perch, and yet he's rolling around like a tube.

Dempsey did worse to Bellamy early in the season and got a yellow. It was 100% the Newcastle players reaction that got Reina the red

Either way, Reina should know better

Oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom