• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero's first touch is an assist.

Fuck you again Conte.

edit: Alriiight I love you Conte, I'd fuck you gently.

Fry

can someone please post that funny/awesome robben goal celebration gif?

The one against Man Utd?

iJkVQiDliMVPn.gif

5 without reply past Fiorentina. 2 without reply past Inter. 3 without reply past Napoli.

Napoli without a shot on target.

I'd love to see a table of results between top-half teams only.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MoM is Vidal. What a machine <3

El7IH.png

5 without reply past Fiorentina. 2 without reply past Inter. 3 without reply past Napoli.

Napoli without a shot on target.

I'd love to see a table of results between top-half teams only.

I posted one before. Milan are last, by a HUGE margin.

rodvik

Bloody hell Juventus! How many games left to play? Exiting Serie A race this year.

Oh and Napoli being Napoli. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I doubt we'll win the scudetto even though we clearly showed tonight that we're top class. All the same we have a good squad that has the fundamentals to compete in CL.

Next year? I'd like to see Borriello and Krasic gone. Grosso as well, I can't believe he's still on our books (keep in mind I love him and everything he's given our team). I think Elia is a loan but I'd redeem him. He hasn't earned his place but I think he needs to mature somewhat. He'll do well if he grew some balls and stopped fucking tweeting photoshopped reddit memes. I'd be okay of we signed Giaccherini, but I'd be shocked if we signed both him and Estigarribia. I think I'd prefer Giaccherini as he has come up HUGE for us in Coppa. Estigarribia has more utility, though, and a higher upside. And, of course, I think we need Del Piero around. He's still got it. It's incredible. I think we also keep Quag and Matri, and probably Vucinic as much as he frustrates me. We'll need him for three competitions. Don't think we keep Padoin. Don't think we take back Pazienza, necessarily, as we can either play our youth in games he would normally play. Obviously we sell Melo.

But it's clear we need to make several key signings: a world class striker, a world class playmaker/winger, some real cover in the midfield for the inevitable moment that one of our three midfielders get injured. A vice-Pirlo would be great. I've heard rumours of Marco Veratti and, to be honest, he's great but he's also 19. Can we really expect him to play in big matches for us? Marrone might be okay. Maybe we bring back Giandonato, but again, where does that really leave us if Pirlo gets injured? And I don't want Giovinco, I should say, even if he pays US to play him. He's a poor man's ADP.

Maybe one of the fringe or out of favour Madrid strikers? If Liverpool keeps tumbling out of Europe, then I'd take Suarez even if he is a prick. Torres? I think he'd do well in Serie A. I'm concerned we'll get none of them, however. Marotta keeps talking about how he doesn't want to sign players who are necessarily big names in the media. Which I'm fine with if we're talking somebody like Hulk, or Oscar Cardozo, or Granero, but what I'm not fine with if we end up with another Amauri who is a flash in the pan.

rodvik

I doubt we'll win the scudetto even though we clearly showed tonight that we're top class. All the same we have a good squad that has the fundamentals to compete in CL.

Next year? I'd like to see Borriello and Krasic gone. Grosso as well, I can't believe he's still on our books (keep in mind I love him and everything he's given our team). I think Elia is a loan but I'd redeem him. He hasn't earned his place but I think he needs to mature somewhat. He'll do well if he grew some balls and stopped fucking tweeting photoshopped reddit memes. I'd be okay of we signed Giaccherini, but I'd be shocked if we signed both him and Estigarribia. I think I'd prefer Giaccherini as he has come up HUGE for us in Coppa. Estigarribia has more utility, though, and a higher upside. And, of course, I think we need Del Piero around. He's still got it. It's incredible. I think we also keep Quag and Matri, and probably Vucinic as much as he frustrates me. We'll need him for three competitions. Don't think we keep Padoin. Don't think we take back Pazienza, necessarily, as we can either play our youth in games he would normally play. Obviously we sell Melo.

But it's clear we need to make several key signings: a world class striker, a world class playmaker/winger, some real cover in the midfield for the inevitable moment that one of our three midfielders get injured. A vice-Pirlo would be great. I've heard rumours of Marco Veratti and, to be honest, he's great but he's also 19. Can we really expect him to play in big matches for us? Marrone might be okay. Maybe we bring back Giandonato, but again, where does that really leave us if Pirlo gets injured? And I don't want Giovinco, I should say, even if he pays US to play him. He's a poor man's ADP.

Maybe one of the fringe or out of favour Madrid strikers? If Liverpool keeps tumbling out of Europe, then I'd take Suarez even if he is a prick. Torres? I think he'd do well in Serie A. I'm concerned we'll get none of them, however. Marotta keeps talking about how he doesn't want to sign players who are necessarily big names in the media. Which I'm fine with if we're talking somebody like Hulk, or Oscar Cardozo, or Granero, but what I'm not fine with if we end up with another Amauri who is a flash in the pan.

Berbatov? The mans touch is world class. Not sure whether he can keep up the pace Juventus need though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^I like Berba, I really do. But he's 30, and his work rate is quite terrible IIRC

^^I'm pretty sure Suarez is going to stay with Liverpool!
Padoin for 5 million makes no sense whatsoever, we could've used that 5 million next season!!!! (Classic Marotta move)
Esti is a great dribbler, but he's selfish and a terrible crosser. I wouldn't take him for 3-5 million? (I won't rule out Marotta buying him though)
Giak is awesome, we're definitely buying his other half. :D
Kra$ic is never going to play with Conte around. :(
Elia LOL
Melo would make a great vice-Vidal but he's not worth the headache. 10-12 million and we have a deal Galatasaray!
Veratti is great, but can we stop wasting so much money on young midfielders please? We have too many already.
'Patience' is a good destroyer, but nothing more. I wouldn't mind selling him.

WC striker, Marotta, Blow all our money on it.
Bloody hell Juventus! How many games left to play? Exiting Serie A race this year.

Oh and Napoli being Napoli. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

8 left, half of them with lower-half teams. Which most likely means a draw :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
7tlS5.jpg

Italian teams sure like to play odd formations. :p I could imagine Napoli's one moving as a single unit across the field like Spartans.

Serie A is very tactical and you'll see all kinda different formations everywhere! That's mostly why I like it.

edit: I watch all the leagues anyway :D, and comparing them is as stupid as console wars. (not directed at you!)

Arnie

Watched Juve in Rileys, game got good in the second half. Vidal's first was class, lovely little feint and shot. And Del Piero is class, you guys have to extend his contract. Really do hope you guys win the Scudetto rather than AC, nice to see Juve back at the top. You'll do fine in the CL next season with this current squad, add a world class striker and you could go far.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Watched Juve in Rileys, game got good in the second half. Vidal's first was class, lovely little feint and shot. And Del Piero is class, you guys have to extend his contract. Really do hope you guys win the Scudetto rather than AC, nice to see Juve back at the top. You'll do fine in the CL next season with this current squad, add a world class striker and you could go far.

Yeah, we could use his help next season :(

Arnie

Kenny Dalglish is a despicable human being.

Not watching it, didn't hang around to see it after the game either. I will say that he rarely does himself any favour in post match interviews of pre-match press conferences.

It's strange, when he came in everyone noted how different he seemed to when he left, jovial rather than uptight. That lasted for a few months at the most. He seems constantly agitated in any sort of media spotlight at the moment.

Think 'despicable human being' is a step too far. But you guys love your public crucifixions so I'll let you continue.

Zabojnik

439x.jpg

These two right here. I know which jerseys I'm buying next season. Along with the WC striker's one, of course. Do it, Marotta. DO IT.

As far as the summer mercato goes, I'd resist the urge (although it's not like we're exactly drowning in money) to sell all the players that didn't get their chance to shine this season. Giaccherini must stay, he's simply a very good player and not one likely to rise a complaint. I'd also give a second chance to Estigabibbo, although he seems pretty limited as far as football intelligence goes. Still, could be useful. Padoin, bimbominkia Elia and Borriello, so long and thanks for nothing. I'd keep Matri, Del Piero, Vucinic (eh, love him, hate him, I know) and sell Quagliarella (although I do like him) for cash to spend on the infamous WC striker. But it better be a *real* WC striker, not someone that once was or *could be* one someday. We need a scoring machine, but I think we would also benefit greatly from someone like Lavezzi. No way De Laurentis is letting him go though. Not to us, anyway.

Melo has to go, same as Grosso and Krasic, Marrone must stay. I'd sign Verratti but leave him where he is for another year and try to find another MF jolly to complete the midfield.

Kyoufu

Not watching it, didn't hang around to see it after the game either. I will say that he rarely does himself any favour in post match interviews of pre-match press conferences.

It's strange, when he came in everyone noted how different he seemed to when he left, jovial rather than uptight. That lasted for a few months at the most. He seems constantly agitated in any sort of media spotlight at the moment.

Think 'despicable human being' is a step too far. But you guys love your public crucifixions so I'll let you continue.

Actually he's fine in the post-match interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm99S3HIQN4

Arnie

Napoli's defence is thinner than an A4 sheet of paper.

That really stood out to me watching the game. The ease in which Del Piero got off a shot in the box stunned me, the defence basically ran out the way of the goal.

Actually he's fine in the post-match interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm99S3HIQN4
Again, haven't seen it, just going from other things I've seen in the past. The one following the handshake incident in particular. Don't know what exactly he's done for someone to suggest he's a 'despicable human being' though.

Apparently he walked out of the one with Sky mid way through, but not seen it. He's pretty grumpy and seems to be contrary for the sake of it these days.

Salazar

Watched Liverpool get sunk then went out for tapas and beer.

Damn, fadetoblack. Jericho is getting gentrified good. Had a fine last night here.

Apparently he walked out of the one with Sky mid way through, but not seen it. He's pretty grumpy and seems to be contrary for the sake of it these days.

I think the question was started with something like, "that's six defeats in your last seven league games"... at which point he ended the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom