• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Newcastle v Chelsea will be the decider for 5th spot I think. Newcastle are gonna be fired up beyond belief now that we're 7 games away from finalising whether or not we're in Europe. Finishing 5th would be that extra special icing.

Not sure when the game is though. :lol It's been pushed back to whenever.

We have Swansea, Bolton, Wigan, Stoke, Man City and Everton left to play along with Chelsea.

Won't be easy going to Stamford Bridge.

Tbh, all our away games will be difficult... Heck, our home game against City will be very difficult too. I don't fancy our chances of 5th, but who knows.

Mame Diouf scored for Hannover again....

He's going to turn into another Giuseppe Rossi isn't he?

Why did we sell him and keep Macheda?
:lol No way. Would be some turnaround. At least we knew Rossi was good but the timing was wrong. Diouf was terrible for us when he played. Happy he's doing well though.

NO YOU STAY AWAY FROM OUR GOD
Haha, we will give you a good price!

What's your opinion of him? Obv. you're biased but how do you rate him, which role suits him best, how good do you think he could be, do you think he'd do well in England/at United?

Mastadon

Banned
Ah good point, forgot about the timing of those. If at the time you'd known those two were going, would you have been more apprehensive about the signings?

Oh god yeah. Adam has some good attributes, but he's far too limited to be a first choice midfielder. He's a passenger defensively, and doesn't know how to move the ball intelligently. He's a great player to have on the bench when you're drawing against WBA away with 35 minutes left, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up on a regular basis.

Henderson hasn't covered himself in glory, but there have been flashes of brilliance. I'm fairly confident he'll come good. Shame we persist in playing him out of position.

Downing is pretty bad :lol

Clegg

:lol No way. Would be some turnaround. At least we knew Rossi was good but the timing was wrong. Diouf was terrible for us when he played. Happy he's doing well though.

What's your opinion of him? Obv. you're biased but how do you rate him, which role suits him best, how good do you think he could be, do you think he'd do well in England/at United?

Diouf needed games with the first team but there were too many strikers in his way. He was never really given a chance with United imo. He spent months in the reserves and was then thrown into Carling Cup squads. He never had the chance to settle.

He seems to be turning into a half decent player in Germany and I hope he continues to improve.

He certainly looks better than Macheda, a player who isn't even getting into the QPR matchday squad.

Carbonox

Diouf needed games with the first team but there were too many strikers in his way. He was never really given a chance with United imo. He spent months in the reserves and was then thrown into Carling Cup squads. He never had the chance to settle.

He seems to be turning into a half decent player in Germany and I hope he continues to improve. He certainly looks better than Macheda, a player who isn't even getting into the QPR matchday squad.

Macheda definitely isn't getting in to the QPR squad now as he's returned to Man Utd. :p His career at Man Utd is over, I think.

Charles

Licthsteiner getting into the box, he's automatically our most dangerous striker

YES

Random goal for Bonucci!

Probably an own goal actually, but I'l take it

confuziz

Banned

In a lot of ways he is a new van Bommel. Controlling midfielder with good defensive and offensive abilities.

Beautiful tackle from Principino.

Strikers doing good to close them down but we need to maintain possession. We'll never win by parking the bus!

Fry

Did you guys see Casillas trolling this poor kid?

ic4vcK0ET9WN0.gif

Carbonox

Alan Pardew on Papiss Cisse:

Pardew said with a smile: "His English isn't great - I think he's only had one lesson since he's been here.

"We had Africa Day at the training ground on Friday with the food, that probably helped him. He had some curried goat and maybe that was why he was fuelled up."

:lol :lol :lol

Inler coming out. Should leave more space in the middle for a counter attack. Don't see us scoring another any other way, I think.

We need to be a bit more strategic here. Hold up the ball. Get some guys in space. Keep possession. Napoli are going to burn us at this rate.

I was just about to say we should bring Quags on. Best chance of locking up this game is a counter-attack at this point, not lumpen Borriello getting up for a header.

choodi

Banned
Great performance by Newcastle. Its just a shame that most of that will be overshadowed by how poor Liverpool were.

When will the Liverpool fans realise Kenny is doing exactly what he did at Newcastle? Taking a team from the top half of the table and turning them into mid-table battlers.

If it was anyone else, the fans would have been calling for blood months ago

Zabojnik

THANK YOU BASED BAYER(N)!!!

Man, what a midfield. Marchisio is back to full form, Pirlo being Pirlo and Vidal owning everybody. See you in the CL, motherfuckers!

Feorax

Great performance by Newcastle. Its just a shame that most of that will be overshadowed by how poor Liverpool were.

When will the Liverpool fans realise Kenny is doing exactly what he did at Newcastle? Taking a team from the top half of the table and turning them into mid-table battlers.

If it was anyone else, the fans would have been calling for blood months ago

You could read the last few pages. As much as we don't want to become part of the Chelsea style managerial merry go round, there are very few of us content with the way things are right now.

These long shots, man. We're just trolling them. But Marchisio really should've just given it to Quagliarella who had some space.

Edit: Is Caceres amazing or what? Great January signing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ma$tadon. 10 minute$ left though!
THANK YOU BASED BAYER(N)!!!

Man, what a midfield. Marchisio is back to full form, Pirlo being Pirlo and Vidal owning everybody. See you in the CL, motherfuckers!

With a midfield, defense and keeper like this, it's fucking CRIMINAL we are running around with no WC striker.

edit: Del Piero for the last 10 minutes, fuck you Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom