• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great Götze pic from today:
nkGjq.jpg

Kuba is like "Oh shit, fuck the bench" lol

Exactly my point. We don't want them nicking the 4th qualification spot if they somehow manage to win the thing. They would beat Milan comfortably IMO.

I also want to see Barca beat them without cheating.
Comfortably? Not sure about that, not if Milan had Silva back. Chelsea still aren't at their best. Milan have given Barca 3 decent games this season already and would have to play another one tonight. If they get through, they'd be favourites for me over Chelsea.

elsk

Banned
Bayern v OM: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Tymoshchuk, Gustavo - Müller, Kroos, Ribery - Olic

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

whaat?

Firemind

I love how Barca don't play with a traditional striker. It's like:

GK
DEF DEF DEF DEF
CAM CM CAM
RW CAM LW

This wouldn't really work with any team unless they're possession and pass masters with players form all sorts of positions who can score. Such a well-oiled machine that may never be replicated with such efficiency.

If any other team tried something like this, they'd go to shit.

Barca's RB is more like a RW and the forward CAM is more like a playmaker.

Wilbur

Banned
So does any Man U fans think Ferguson will splash in the transfer market this summer or will the Glazers be too cheap to provide extra funds?

I will assume Fergie's been shocked a bit by our failure in Europe and will go for someone in midfield to replace Fletcher's aggressive pressing. Tiote would be a good buy if buying in league, Martinez and Strootman are also hawt

fuenf

i think todays match will be really interesting, everytime heynckes tried to rotate his players this season it came back to bite him in the ass and he had to correct things in the 2nd half... makes no sense to use those 4 players but not Gomez and Robben

Milan XI: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes, Nesta, Antonini; Ambrosini, Nocerino, Seedorf; Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

El Sha isn't on the bench, Pato will probably play 20-25 minutes. I'm still worried about Antonini on the left side, plus Nocerino won't play where he should once again. Seedorf is going to ruin us for sure.

My body is ready. Almost. Not even close.

Can see why Guardiola has gone with Cuenca. He'll probably get him to hold a position out wide and try to stretch Milan who will obv. want to stay tight and compact.

Sanchez and Tello can do the same I suppose.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan XI: Abbiati; Abate, Mexes, Nesta, Antonini; Ambrosini, Nocerino, Seedorf; Boateng, Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

El Sha isn't on the bench, Pato will probably play 20-25 minutes. I'm still worried about Antonini on the left side, plus Nocerino won't play where he should once again. Seedorf is going to ruin us for sure.

My body is ready. Almost. Not even close.

That's the idea apparently:

09c7a58a13a0040bc5a14271d22d7ff2.jpg

Replace Sanchez with Cuenca.

Hieberrr

Let's go BAYERN-GAF!! YEEEEEEEEEEE SON!

Although I admit, I'll probably watch the Barca-Milan match in the hopes of Barca dropping this match.

panty

Watching Fox Soccer live and I'm inches away from muting the sound. Messi this Messi that, he's the god etc. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom