• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Holy fuck, how have I never heard of Giroud? His goal at 3:42 (offside but whatever) is mindblowing.

WE'LL SIGN HIM FOR 50 MILLION

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
March 11, 2009 - Last 16; first leg finished 1-1
2nd leg Barcelona 5-2 Lyon

March 17, 2010 - Last 16; first leg finished 1-1
2nd leg Barcelona 4-0 Stuttgart

April 6, 2010 - Quarter-finals; first leg finished 2-2
2nd leg: Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal

March 8, 2011 - Last 16; Arsenal won 2-1 in London
2nd leg: Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal
What's your obsession with Rose? If I ever goto the United Center, I'll take some pictures for you. But I'm more likely to go for a Blackhawks game than a Bulls game.

I fucking love him! A modest MVP for a change!

Kyoufu

Apparently Tiote says he'll stay at Newcastle if we get into Europe.

Haha, you're my favourite poster in this thread.

Liverpool should go for Giroud tbh.

Liverpool really could do with a world class Striker. They'll end up mid-table or bottom half if they don't score those goals next season.

Carbonox

Apparently Tiote says he'll stay at Newcastle if we get into Europe.

He never said that. :p I just looked up what you were referring to and it was pertaining to his aim of getting in to Europe with Newcastle. It's the stupid tabloid fuck cunts spinning it in to Tiote saying something he never said.

GorillaJu

Haha, you're my favourite poster in this thread.

Liverpool should go for Giroud tbh.

He is definitely the type that we'd like. There was a lot of discussion on RAWK in January but since there were no credible link it never really picked up steam.

Agile, nice first touch, has a good pass and more importantly a great shot - he's everything Andy Carroll isn't.

We had a great week in youth football. Won all our games including a 4-1 win over Villa at reserve level. Happy with our progress on that front. I can think of at least 5 footballers who seem destined for a legitimate shot at first team play, or a loan out to another club.

Fantomex

Im in a bind. I have no idea how I'm gonna watch the game today. I don't have sopcast
or anything like that since I'm on a mac at work today :(

Kyoufu

He never said that. :p I just looked up what you were referring to and it was pertaining to his aim of getting in to Europe with Newcastle. It's the stupid tabloid fuck cunts spinning it in to Tiote saying something he never said.

Lol yeah. Though if we do get into Europe then you have to think he's likelier to stay. I expect the top clubs to offer a big bag of cash for him.

In all honesty, I don't expect us to get 5th with the fixtures we have coming up. It'll take the F.A. to grant us a Europa spot for placing 6th.

sohois

He is definitely the type that we'd like. There was a lot of discussion on RAWK in January but since there were no credible link it never really picked up steam.

Agile, nice first touch, has a good pass and more importantly a great shot - he's everything Andy Carroll isn't.

We had a great week in youth football. Won all our games including a 4-1 win over Villa at reserve level. Happy with our progress on that front. I can think of at least 5 footballers who seem destined for a legitimate shot at first team play, or a loan out to another club.

Also the fact that the Montpellier boss was asking for like 50million for him.

Blackhead

Redarse
Lol yeah. Though if we do get into Europe then you have to think he's likelier to stay. I expect the top clubs to offer a big bag of cash for him.

In all honesty, I don't expect us to get 5th with the fixtures we have coming up. It'll take the F.A. to grant us a Europa spot for placing 6th.

Arsenal are just getting started with their usual end of season collapse. There is still hope.

ElyrionX

So I just started playing FIFA 12 Head to Head last week and I am getting destroyed online. It's been five months or more since I last played FIFA 12 but I didn't realize I was this bad. I had to switch my controls from semi back to automatic just to be able to even string more than four or five passes together. Made it to Division 7 after four seasons but I lost like five games in a row (due to some terrible defending and a complete loss of focus, maybe I need to stop playing after work when I'm tired) and just got relegated to Division 8 again.

I have been playing Barcelona all along but I think I'm going to stick to United for good from now on. The only issue is that the United default first XI is terrible (Lindegaard instead of De Gea, Evans instead of Vidic and Welbeck instead of Hernandez) and every single goddamn game, I need to head into squad management to adjust this. Which idiot thought it'd be a good idea to exclude the option to save squads/formation for H2H?

Hahaha, too good not to post. Großkreutz is quite happy about Götze's return:
QUqxy.jpg

So I just started playing FIFA 12 Head to Head last week and I am getting destroyed online. It's been five months or more since I last played FIFA 12 but I didn't realize I was this bad. I had to switch my controls from semi back to automatic just to be able to even string more than four or five passes together. Made it to Division 7 after four seasons but I lost like five games in a row (due to some terrible defending and a complete loss of focus, maybe I need to stop playing after work when I'm tired) and just got relegated to Division 8 again.

I have been playing Barcelona all along but I think I'm going to stick to United for good from now on. The only issue is that the United default first XI is terrible (Lindegaard instead of De Gea, Evans instead of Vidic and Welbeck instead of Hernandez) and every single goddamn game, I need to head into squad management to adjust this. Which idiot thought it'd be a good idea to exclude the option to save squads/formation for H2H?
Barcelona aren't rubbish exactly but I don't think they're one of the better teams to play with on FIFA. The players are all so small and weak they're bullied very easily. Real, City, Bayern and Milan are the "best" teams to play with IMO.

David goodwillie plead guilty if assault yesterday, here's the video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEsMqdPz-E

I think he may be the good guy here

Anyway for some reason I think it would be pretty hilarious if City fail to win the league this season, some of their fans were pretty cocky earlier in the season - not over yet mind

You can all laugh at me when we go down anyways

Kyoufu

Arsenal are just getting started with their usual end of season collapse. There is still hope.

Nah, I don't think so. Arsenal and Spurs have it in the bag. Worst part is Chelsea seem rejuvenated after AVB left. Even Torres is scoring goals!

CL is still a much more enticing prospect than EL. He'd be off like a flash.

Yeah I don't expect him to stay and I won't hold it against him if he leaves. Such a great player though. We should do anything it takes to keep him.

Kyoufu

Anyway for some reason I think it would be pretty hilarious if City fail to win the league this season, some of their fans were pretty cocky earlier in the season - not over yet mind

I won't laugh at City for failing to win. SAF has placed a curse on Kevin Keegan. Any team he manages in his career will top the table and then fail to finish.

Blackburn going down is bad though. :( Hopefully you guys beat Wigan at least.

confuziz

Banned

Big flaw indeed. It's so frustrating that even after 200 matches H2H I still need to adjust my city team. I'm in the first division with 1 league title btw =)

Blackhead

Redarse
Nah, I don't think so. Arsenal and Spurs have it in the bag. Worst part is Chelsea seem rejuvenated after AVB left. Even Torres is scoring goals!
Spurs are good to go, their run-in schedule is kind. Arsenal will lose to Man City, Chelsea and Stoke and the battle for 4th place will go down to the wire. Newcastle's last three games are hard but when Arsenal start plunging they usually go pretty low.

Barcelona aren't rubbish exactly but I don't think they're one of the better teams to play with on FIFA. The players are all so small and weak they're bullied very easily. Real, City, Bayern and Milan are the "best" teams to play with IMO.
The best team to play with is Anzhi Makhachkala. They delivered my only D1 title :). I'm bouncing around the div 1, 2 and 3 using Man Utd. I should probably switch to Barca or Milan (I want to win a title with the top team from each european league)

I stopped playing at Div 4 without getting relegated once :) came back after a couple of months and first season got relegated :/ what i get for playing as QPR!

dc89

Do you think management would sell him? He has obviously been our most consistent striker by far.

Holy crap, that new Argentina away kit is a thing of beauty.

Nope. He's on a 5 year contract, the fee would have to be colossal. He's 23 and his best years are ahead of him and those years he'll be a City player.

thaOwner

Ill add you guys when I get home for a game or two. Been relegated back to division 2 after some bad games. I have been using Napoli since day one and haven't changed for any other team. Ill try it with one of the teams mentioned above and see how it suits me.

I did play an offline h2h game with some friends using Inter and I was beasting for a while until they learned how to stop Forlan. The guy has got some crazy ball skills.

elsk

Banned
Llorente, Guidetti, Giroud, Pizarro: which striker will Bayern sign? http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exc...etti-giroud-pizarro-which-striker-will-bayern

Bayern's search for a new goalscoring option has been ongoing for some time. Goal.com can exclusively reveal that Fernando Llorente was considered, but no longer is an option. The Bavarians recently tabled a €7.5 million bid, but the player had demands of regular playing time that the German side could not guarantee. Now, Llorente is set for an extension with Athletic Bilbao, which will soon be made official.

Montpellier's Olivier Giroud has been watched by Bayern scouts on several occasions, as has Swedish starlet John Guidetti, who has found the net 18 times in 19 games this season for Feyenoord. However, the Bayern bosses are not entirely satisfied with either: Giroud has minimal international experience, while Guidetti is seen as a risk, following the failed experiment with Petersen. Instead, Uli Hoeness & Co. have turned their eyes to more seasoned professionals.

Clegg

7.5 million for Llorente?

I think Goal.com have forgotten that made up rumours at least need to be semi believable.

He's probably worth 4 times that amount.

Stimpy

That other guy deserved a kicking tbh he punches one guy when he's just standing there looking the other way and not even doing anything.

To be fair it is pretty hilarious when he almost falls into the bin :)

Giovinco looking to return from all the media reports. Kid is licking his lips at Del Piero's departure, even apparently wanting to take the #10. I don't like him, I have to say, and I don't rate him as world class. I'd prefer him to, say, Vucinic and I'd like to see his return, but I don't think he's going to lead us, or take us to a higher level like someone like Aguero could, for instance.

dc89

UEFA have fined Porto after their fans racially abused City players in February.

The fine totals £16,700.

They fined Wenger double that amount for comments about a ref. Is that zero tolerance?

UEFA have fined Porto after their fans racially abused City players in February.

The fine totals £16,700.

They fined Wenger double that amount for comments about a ref. Is that zero tolerance?
It shouldn't be a fine anyway, even if the fine was £100,000, it's affordable for a major football club.

Should be sanctions against fans attending games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom