• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Donde esta la biblioteca?
Me llamo T-Bone, la araña discoteca.
Discoteca, muñeca,
la biblioteca
Es el bigote grande,
perro, manteca
manteca, bigote, gigante,
pequeño cabeza es nieve cerveza es bueno.
Buenos dias, me gustan papas frias,
el bigote de la cabra es Cameron Diaz!
what

Do the Liverpool fans on here think Dalglish should be manager for next season?

Reports have come out saying that Liverpools budget this Summer will be less than last years. Would you trust Dalglish to use his younger players more often or would a new manager be better suited?

I wouldn't even trust Dalglish If I gave him a quid and asked him to pop to the shop for a Snickers. He'd come back with a Lion bar.

Wilbur

Banned
I still need to watch Community, waiting until its on Netflix or something

Also yes fuck football. I'm so nervous for Monday already

Messi

OT...

Discoteca, muñeca,
la biblioteca
Es el bigote grande,
perro, manteca

Community is so good, thank you Slizz!

---

Back on topic, footballs crap.

TROY AND ABED IN THE MORRRRNING

ATF487

I was gonna say that this would be one of the most ridiculous results I have ever seen, but then I remembered that there have been like 5 of these just this season. Just absolutely bizarre.

I seem to recall that the Boston Red Sox hadn't been able to win a world series for like 100 years because of some weird goat curse ( at least that is what some people blamed). Then in came FSG and they finally won again. Obviously what has happened is the curse has simply been transferred from the Red Sox to Liverpool.

The Chicago Cubs have the "Curse of the Billygoat", the Red Sox had a curse from selling arguably the best baseball player of all time to the New York Yankees, who would become one of the most successful franchises in all of sports, and the rivals of the Red Sox.

it's like selling Messi to Espanyol, and then seeing Barcelona never winning a trophy for 80+ years, while seeing Espanyol win a shitload and replacing Madrid as the most hated team by Barca fans

Feorax

All Liverpool need, imo, is a decent attacking midfielder (Seem to struggle when Gerrard is not playing) and a decent striker and they will be a problem for any team but at the moment Gerrard and Suarez cause problems but the rest of them not so much.

We can't rely on Gerrard anymore. Even when he's fit, he retreats into CM and wrecks the balance of the team.

He's best played on the right or as a second striker. Unfortunately, for either of those to be effective, we need a top class striker way beyond what Carroll as Suarez have shown so far.

Meier

OT...

Discoteca, muñeca,
la biblioteca
Es el bigote grande,
perro, manteca

Community is so good, thank you Slizz!

---

Back on topic, footballs crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1dkU6pWiEg -- video I took of them singing it together at a Joel McHale show a few years back. Pretty fantastic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The last dance.

GpAsw.jpg

It sounded better in my head

Yen

It's bad enough Community appearing in every single fucking thread because it makes an obscure pop culture reference, and now it's reached Footgaf

Sporting´s starting 11 :

Marcelo Boeck; Arias, Oneywu, Xandão, Evaldo; Carriço, André Martins, Renato Neto; Pereirinha, Carillo and Diego Rubio.

Yeay!! Oguchi is back.

feel

Checked out the 3d version of the Classico I had saved on the DVR and was pretty disappointed, everyone looks like cardboard cutouts instead of having proper depth.

regular HD >>>>>>>

bring on football in 4K res

Clegg

Fuck it.

I'm off to play FM. Maybe it'll make me feel slightly better about today.

I beat Wigans Reserves 15-2 a few days ago.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Stefano Tacconi a pundit on Al Jazeera.

ksc2f.jpg

-

Here we go

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Ceglie; Quagliarella, Vucinic

Roma: Stekelenburg; Rosi, De Rossi, Kjaer, José Angel; Perrotta, Gago, Marquinho; Pjanic; Osvaldo, Borini

Lol Conte.

Lol Enrique.

Drop the mind games!

The problem for me is that cups are not a reliable source of income or much-needed attractiveness to players we want to buy. Because of that, they are not a platform for consistent improvement. Its fantastic to win them, but for me they're not a completely satisfactory distraction from an embarassing league campaign.

PowderedToast

The problem for me is that cups are not a reliable source of income or much-needed attractiveness to players we want to buy. Because of that, they are not a platform for consistent improvement. Its fantastic to win them, but for me they're not a completely satisfactory distraction from an embarassing league campaign.

very well said, this sums up my feelings too.

RJT

If Sporting wins with that starting eleven, Sá Pinto truly is a genius. The only player I like there is Carrillo (and Onyewu).

TeegsD

If Sporting wins with that starting eleven, Sá Pinto truly is a genius. The only player I like there is Carrillo (and Onyewu).

Defense has been solid in the box so far. Pretty young squad and Nacional tends to be a tough opponent for us. I'd like another goal before halftime. We tend to come into the second half a little to relaxed for my liking.

Top Bottom