• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Labadal

Adam Johnson only plays late against tired legs so it's a bit hard to judge how he'd do full time, but he seems like a player who could do well on a smaller club. Wonder if he'll move on this summer.

He certainly always gives it his all.

I wouldn't mind him at Liverpool. He's better than all our wingers.

dc89

Sorry Wolves :(

Dat hailstone! That's it, all the players from warmer climates will want out in summer. No restaurants, bad weather...

Goodbye Wolves. Hard luck.

Well then. City just 3 points behind with a +6 goal difference over Man U going into the derby. It's going to be one hell of a finish :D

Not one player in this fucking squad aside from Gerrard is capable of even consistently getting his shots on target. Everton drop 2 points, and we respond by dropping 3 at home to a fucking Roy Hodgson team. Kenny will have no grounds for complaint when we inevitably lose the FA Cup final and he gets let go in the summer. The other Liverpool fans on here will pretend that that's not the most likely scenario, but they're deluding themselves

Lightning

Banned
LMAO at United. Hahahahahahaha

I feel a lot better now that Man U just fucked it up against Everton. I want the race to be close so that Man City go to Sports Direct Arena and lay waste to Newcastle!!!!!

sohois

I was gonna say that this would be one of the most ridiculous results I have ever seen, but then I remembered that there have been like 5 of these just this season. Just absolutely bizarre.

I seem to recall that the Boston Red Sox hadn't been able to win a world series for like 100 years because of some weird goat curse ( at least that is what some people blamed). Then in came FSG and they finally won again. Obviously what has happened is the curse has simply been transferred from the Red Sox to Liverpool.

RaGe_pt

Liverpool is a joke nowadays. How could they get to this point? They need some new management or something or else they'll only get worse.

bjaelke

I was gonna say that this would be one of the most ridiculous results I have ever seen, but then I remembered that there have been like 5 of these just this season. Just absolutely bizarre.

I seem to recall that the Boston Red Sox hadn't been able to win a world series for like 100 years because of some weird goat curse ( at least that is what some people blamed). Then in came FSG and they finally won again. Obviously what has happened is the curse has simply been transferred from the Red Sox to Liverpool.
I saw a few goats on the pitch today.

Yen

Liverpool is a joke nowadays. How could they get to this point? They need some new management or something or else they'll only get worse.
When the match was on, I was thinking. "Who's going to be the first to say Kenny needs sacked (immediately)?" Congrats.

Lightning

Banned
How anyone can support Dalglish is beyond me. Done well in cups but my god what a failure in the League.... where imo it matters most.

Wilbur

Banned
Not one player in this fucking squad aside from Gerrard is capable of even consistently getting his shots on target. Everton drop 2 points, and we respond by dropping 3 at home to a fucking Roy Hodgson team. Kenny will have no grounds for complaint when we inevitably lose the FA Cup final and he gets let go in the summer. The other Liverpool fans on here will pretend that that's not the most likely scenario, but they're deluding themselves

Oh you'll win the final, no doubt. You've got a bit of a grip over Chelsea at the moment. And Liverpool are a cup team atm

sohois

How anyone can support Dalglish is beyond me. Done well in cups but my god what a failure in the League.... where imo it matters most.

I'm sure there are plenty of Liverpool fans who want him gone in the summer regardless of the FA cup whilst there are also others who think he should be given more time rather than turning into Chelsea.

What is widely agreed upon is that sacking him now would be utterly pointless, there is no reason not to let him see out the season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Elia on twitter : if you find a limited edition rolex world cup on the net with number 17 please let me know there are only 24 in the world #thanks

Not sure if serious
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif

Yen

The fact he is Liverpool's greatest ever player with a fantastic managerial record back in the day, and an all-round legend - Hillsborough etc- gives him a bit of leeway. And as we've said after every draw or defeat since January, why sack him if the season is over (for us)?

Feorax

January was a massive chance for us to fix problems we had, and we just brushed it aside. I remember a few of us saying that not bringing anyone in would be managerial suicide. Lo and behold...

elsk

Banned
Elia on twitter : if you find a limited edition rolex world cup on the net with number 17 please let me know there are only 24 in the world #thanks

Not sure if serious
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif
aoyyI.gif

Man, that dutch is plain stupid.
You have a twitter account yurt?

Fintan

Obviously there's more to it, but looking at that woodwork chart that was posted earlier, it's crazy that Liverpool would have a +11 swing if those shots had gone in. You could add another 3 to that for today too.

Was Suarez not very prolific in the Eridivisie? What has changed at Liverpool?

sohois

January was a massive chance for us to fix problems we had, and we just brushed it aside. I remember a few of us saying that not bringing anyone in would be managerial suicide. Lo and behold...

Given Liverpool's current form, none of the players linked in January would have got Liverpool into 4th, Kenny would probably have guaranteed his sacking if he had spent more and still failed.

Lightning

Banned
I'm sure there are plenty of Liverpool fans who want him gone in the summer regardless of the FA cup whilst there are also others who think he should be given more time rather than turning into Chelsea.

What is widely agreed upon is that sacking him now would be utterly pointless, there is no reason not to let him see out the season.
Oh I agree, it's just that changes need to be made at Liverpool. I mean, they just don't look the part.

I know they won the Carling Cup and are in the final of the FA cup but at the start of the season Liverpool were supposed to be challenging for the title, at the very least a champions league spot but not only have they failed at this they haven't even come close and were out of the running very early. It's just not good enough, one can moan about luck all they like (Harry and Kenny are awesome at it) but sides make their own luck.

The fact he is Liverpool's greatest ever player with a fantastic managerial record back in the day, and an all-round legend - Hillsborough etc- gives him a bit of leeway. And as we've said after every draw or defeat since January, why sack him if the season is over (for us)?
I'm not saying sack him now or even sack him at all. I'm just saying that he needs to be accountable for his sides failures and for being out of the running so soon. Afterall, by his own admission, the transfer targets he approved and this is a squad of his choosing and therefore must have some accountability regardless of his status at the club.

Clegg

Obviously there's more to it, but looking at that woodwork chart that was posted earlier, it's crazy that Liverpool would have a +11 swing if those shots had gone in. You could add another 3 to that for today too.

Was Suarez not very prolific in the Eridivisie? What has changed at Liverpool?

Suarez actually had a very good record in the Eredvisie. He scored 81 goals in 110 league games.

But the Eredvisie is a much more open league than the PL.

Top Bottom