• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man, that dutch is plain stupid.
You have a twitter account yurt?
Strangely enough, no!

It's a war zone between Juventini and Milanisti lately.
Two hours to go and I'm already a nervous wreck. I wouldn't last more than a couple of seasons as a football coach.

Fear? I have none.

HXtuAm.jpg

I'm scared

what time is it?
IT'S JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TIME!

JUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

win the scudetto.

THANK YOU BASED SPIDYE! I'm all fired up now!

FINO ALLA FINE FORZA JUVENTUS!

MPW

Suarez actually had a very good record in the Eredvisie. He scored 81 goals in 110 league games.

But the Eredvisie is a much more open league than the PL.

kezman was f'n awesome in dutch league too

flop in epl and turkish league

sohois

Oh I agree, it's just that changes need to be made at Liverpool. I mean, they just don't look the part.

I know they won the Carling Cup and are in the final of the FA cup but at the start of the season Liverpool were supposed to be challenging for the title, at the very least a champions league spot but not only have they failed at this they haven't even come close and were out of the running very early. It's just not good enough, one can moan about luck all they like (Harry and Kenny are awesome at it) but sides make their own luck.

Changes do seem necessary. I recall at the end of Rafa's reign there just seemed to be a rot that set into the team and it wouldn't have mattered what Rafa did, he wouldn't have been able to reverse it. Replacing Rafa with Hodgson was obviously a disaster and I would have much preferred Rafa to stay but I could definitely see why some wanted a change. The same thing seems to be happening with Kenny, just look at the way the team shuts down after conceding - in the last 10 minutes a limping Henderson and the goal-bound Reina probably covered more pitch than the rest of the team save for Shelvey. Short of another major personnel shake-up its difficult to see how Kenny can really change the attitudes.

Moobabe

Suarez actually had a very good record in the Eredvisie. He scored 81 goals in 110 league games.

He's a top player - but I don't think he's a "goalscorer." Liverpool need someone alongside him to take advantage of his quality, someone who isn't a donkey like Carrol.

PowderedToast

i figured out why liverpool never score. they are secretly staging a large scale andy kaufman-esque piece of performance art demonstrating the sociological effects of industrialisation in the 19th century. the team are metaphorically contrasting the transfer of responsibility towards industrial factories with the outlandish amounts of money and responsibility spent on new players, and the loss of control of the football at their feet as it constantly misses the target is a profound comment on the extremely rapid and uncontrollable technological advancement that is still continuing today.

it's really quite brilliant when you think about it.

i figured out why liverpool never score. they are secretly staging a large scale andy kaufman-esque piece of performance art demonstrating the sociological effects of industrialisation in the 19th century. the team are metaphorically contrasting the transfer of responsibility towards industrial factories with the outlandish amounts of money and responsibility spent on new players, and the loss of control of the football at their feet as it constantly misses the target is a profound comment on the extremely rapid and uncontrollable technological advancement that is still continuing today.

it's really quite brilliant when you think about it.

Funny, I was just thinking the same.

TeegsD

Woke up at 9:50 to piss before going back to sleep and saw that the score was 3-1 United. Since it was 9:50 and the game was supposed to start at 7:30, I thought that it was practically over. Wrong. We always manage to draw with Everton. And now the derby decides the title. Meh....at least Liverpool lost

dc89

I dunno why but I just had a obscure memory, maybe due to the post above where someone shit themselves.

I remember playing hide and seek in the street with friends when I was like 10-12. One of my mates hid up a conifer tree and the person who was seeking couldn't find him, until the guy in the top of the tree started pissing from it on to the footpath.

... :/

dc89

Why did he say that?

Liverpool lost to Woy again? Oh dear. Did Liverpool hit the post? Was there Suarez rage?

He just said it and then went on a United defensive for some reason. He said how many times have we wrote United off and then they pull something out of the bag.

Well likewise, people wrote City off a few weeks back when it was 8 point gap. It's been so topsy-turvy!

Mancini still insists United will win, why change your tactic now hey, he was saying it when the gap was 8 points.

TeegsD

Also woke up with less than an hour til the Nacional - Sporting game. Should be interesting since we are resting Patricio, Polga, Insua, Capel, and Matias for the second leg with Bilbao.

Stubo

He just said it and then went on a United defensive for some reason. He said how many times have we wrote United off and then they pull something out of the bag.

Well likewise, people wrote City off a few weeks back when it was 8 point gap. It's been so topsy-turvy!

Mancini still insists United will win, why change your tactic now hey, he was saying it when the gap was 8 points.
Regardless of what he says to the press, you can guarantee this isn't the stance he's taking with the players.

JUVE PER SEMPRE SARA!

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVEEEEEEEEEEE

Going to dinner, going to have to record the match and rewind it if the Sky box works properly. Otherwise, go home, download it, and then watch it.

CrunchyB

Yeah. Suarez played at Ajax, they are almost always favorites for the championship. The defence is relatively poor in the Netherlands, so lots of goals. 106 in '09 and they finished second.

Bryan Ruiz helped Twente win the Eredivisie that year, and his PL performance is disappointing as well.

Garjon

There's nothing to say that hasn't been said 10 times this season. We dominate play, we make a single mistake, we lose the game, we fail to take our chances. It was a broken record last November, now it's just becoming a weekly annoyance.

Even if we do win the FA Cup (which some Dalglish fans seem to think we already have) it will not hide that this has been a terrible season. After spending over £100 million in a year, we had to at least make a CL place. While it is true we have little to lose in the league, if we finish the best possible place (7th) it could well do something for the players confidence; a factor, it seems, that is crucial to our performance this season.

Wessiej

Yeah. Suarez played at Ajax, they are almost always favorites for the championship. The defence is relatively poor in the Netherlands, so lots of goals. 106 in '09 and they finished second.

Bryan Ruiz helped Twente win the Eredivisie that year, and his PL performance is disappointing as well.

Eredivisie - where everyone wins from everyone. I love it, I hate it.

Wilbur

Banned
Hold on wait fuck that I just saw he ruined it anyway. Basically he was shuffling round Fabric Warehouse and my mum asked if he needed a shit and he said no, about 10 minutes later he was still shuffling and my mum looked down and he had shit down his leg onto the floor so my mum kicked it under the thing and left the shop, ne'er to return again out of sheer embarrassment.

Also in his first year of secondary school he shit his pants because he was too embarrassed to do it in the cubicle lest people smell it over the gap

Arnie

That was just ridiculous, yet another limp display in front of goal. Goal scorer seriously required in the summer.

Henderson had a good game though, which I'm pleased about.

Hold on wait fuck that I just saw he ruined it anyway. Basically he was shuffling round Fabric Warehouse and my mum asked if he needed a shit and he said no, about 10 minutes later he was still shuffling and my mum looked down and he had shit down his leg onto the floor so my mum kicked it under the thing and left the shop, ne'er to return again out of sheer embarrassment.

Also in his first year of secondary school he shit his pants because he was too embarrassed to do it in the cubicle lest people smell it over the gap
Harsh.

Freewheelin', aren't you the elder brother? You should knock this punk out.

Carbonox

Wow, Liverpool are so fucking pony up front.

If Woy finishes above Liverpool this season, it will be the most amazing thing ever.

dc89

Regardless of what he says to the press, you can guarantee this isn't the stance he's taking with the players.

Absolutely, and this revitalised City are playing as if they believe they can win the title. It's going to be the mother of all Derby's on Monday night.

Clegg

Do the Liverpool fans on here think Dalglish should be manager for next season?

Reports have come out saying that Liverpools budget this Summer will be less than last years. Would you trust Dalglish to use his younger players more often or would a new manager be better suited?

Lightning

Banned
That was just ridiculous, yet another limp display in front of goal. Goal scorer seriously required in the summer.

Henderson had a good game though, which I'm pleased about.
All Liverpool need, imo, is a decent attacking midfielder (Seem to struggle when Gerrard is not playing) and a decent striker and they will be a problem for any team but at the moment Gerrard and Suarez cause problems but the rest of them not so much.

Your mum kicked his shit? :lol wow

Yen

All Liverpool need, imo. is a decent attacking midfielder (Seem to struggle when Gerrard is not playing) and a decent striker and they will be a problem for any team but at the moment Gerrard and Suarez cause problems but the rest of them not so much.

Gerrard has been dogshit bar two or three matches this season.

OT...

Donde esta la biblioteca?
Me llamo T-Bone, la araña discoteca.
Discoteca, muñeca,
la biblioteca
Es el bigote grande,
perro, manteca
manteca, bigote, gigante,
pequeño cabeza es nieve cerveza es bueno.
Buenos dias, me gustan papas frias,
el bigote de la cabra es Cameron Diaz!

Community is so good, thank you Slizz!

---

Back on topic, footballs crap.

Top Bottom