• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Kyoufu

Coloccini is in the PFA Team of the Year

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120422/coloccini-named-in-team-of-the-year_2281670_2744934

For the lazy:

PFA Team Of The Year in full:

Joe Hart (Manchester City); Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur), Vincent Kompany (Manchester City), Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle United), Leighton Baines (Everton); David Silva (Manchester City), Yaya Toure (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur); Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Robin van Persie (Arsenal)

I'm sorry I have no idea who Leighton Baines is.

Shorty

Banned
46659-BWtV6OlutUdXL_iHdq2v7Q.jpg

=

human-centipede-sketch.jpg

CAN'T UNSEE
MEISTERSCHAFT RUINED

Carbonox

Coloccini fucking deserves it. He's become one of the best CB's in the league and has been sensational for us this season.

Long gone are the days of Newcastle's defence being the joke of the league.

Carbonox

We still let in a fuck load of goals this season.

Meh, that was more a case of poor performances in individual matches than something that suggests an issue with the team overall - apart from the obvious case of not having good defensive cover outside of our main defenders.

Spanked my Norwich, Fulham and Spurs (we let in 14 goals against those 3 teams alone in the respective matches) while not having our strongest team out says a lot. Norwich especially when we had a horrendous makeshift back 4.

We still went the first 11 games of the season with one of the best GA numbers in the league, and have the joint second highest amount of clean sheets in the league.

Kyoufu

We'll do our best! Then again, after the 96/96 season I wish we wern't handing the title to United :p

Let's hope City win the title before that game...

Let's also hope our CL spot doesn't come down to that game either...

Man, you have no idea how bonkers I will be here on GAF if we win our remaining games... GAF won't be able to handle it.

Carbonox

Man, you have no idea how bonkers I will be here on GAF if we win our remaining games... GAF won't be able to handle it.

10 game winning streak to end the season...yummy

Still, I would like for us to reach the 20 games won mark.

Bumhead

Banned
I hope nobody on here who uses Twitter has seen the disgusting #saveched, #justiceforched other such nonsense this weekend.

A section of United fans have publicly named the victim and have been giving her dogs abuse all weekend. They're setting up petitions left, right and centre, and Facebook and Twitter are hot with abusive messages about the victim and about calls for a retrial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17809268

They are fucking awful. The Tevez saga was embarrassing, their attempts to sue us for being awarded preference in the 2018 World Cup stadium bidding was silly, but this is just downright sinister. They are an abomination.

If we make it into the CL you bet your arse I'll be in the city centre they day it happens. I'll be sure to document on video just how crazy of a day that could be.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope nobody on here who uses Twitter has seen the disgusting #saveched, #justiceforched other such nonsense this weekend.

A section of United fans have publicly named the victim and have been giving her dogs abuse all weekend. They're setting up petitions left, right and centre, and Facebook and Twitter are hot with abusive messages about the victim and about calls for a retrial.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17809268

They are fucking awful. The Tevez saga was embarrassing, their attempts to sue us for being awarded preference in the 2018 World Cup stadium bidding was silly, but this is just downright sinister. They are an abomination.

Haven't been on Twitter for a while but what a stupid fucking thing to be protesting against.

GorillaJu

Slightly less angry after sleeping on it.

Hard luck Liverpool. Horror stuff from Johnson.

When you play at home, you should be able to concede a fluke goal and still win. Unfortunately that requires scoring at least a goal more than your opponents.

We had some 30 shots and didn't score a goal. Don't deserve a win if you can't get the ball in the fuckin net!!

Kyoufu

When you play at home, you should be able to concede a fluke goal and still win. Unfortunately that requires scoring at least a goal more than your opponents.

We had some 30 shots and didn't score a goal. Don't deserve a win if you can't get the ball in the fuckin net!!

YmLrI.jpg

Need more of these memes.

Fady K

WOW at Everton today. I cannot believe my eyes. They defied expectations, no doubt. Leading away at Old Trafford and then conceding twice usually means game over. Heck, then it is 3-1 you think it's definitely over - then at 3-2 there may be some even action but at 4-2?? GAME OVER. 4-4??? WOW. Hats off to Everton for their persistence when the odds of drawing looked impossible. If only Barca had this mentality yesterday.

Also, hats off to Juve. It's a good time for them and many Madrid gaffers, after not having won a league title in years, happy for you guys. I look forward to seeing Juve in the Champions League
where they will knock out all my favorite teams :p

Edit: Fady superpost. I won't have to be bored anymore!

Thank you Willkiller. I enjoy writing back to all of you myself. That truly was a snoozefest, the Arsenal-Chelsea game. I'm just happy we didn't lose. You're a Newcastle fan right? You guys are beasting at the moment. I'd be so happy to have a player up front who's effective like Cisse.

Oh, nice to meet you too Fady. :)

My pleasure bro :) I hope you are enjoying this wonderful season for Madrid.

awww yeaaa super Fady post 10x more entertaining than Arsenal/Chelsea

You are wonderfully kind Xintin, I hope I always have enjoyable posts for my fellow Chelsea gaffers. That game sure was horrid though wasn't it :/?

That Fady MQ post is a nominee for Post of the Season for me. No doubt about it.

It melts my heart to hear such a comment from a United fan. You guys, collectively, played a big part in making me want to throw away the hate I had for your club. Thanks bro!

DAT FADY MULTIQUOTE.

Did you buy anything in the HORRIBLY HORRIBLY HORRIBLY OVERPRICED Nou Camp store? Have a walk around the city? Or do the Camp Nou experience tour?

Edit: It hurt to see Tello play so badly. I love the guy. But he was AWFUL today. He should have been pulled off at half time for Alexis. The big occasion got to him.

Messi <3 I only bought a few things from the store. As you said, it really is QUITE PRICEY :/ I bought a book on Barcelona, a scarf which I wore around my neck in the classico, and...wait for it...a pack of Barca-branded crisps!! Potato flavored, very decent! There was a wonderful yellow training kit I wanted to buy, but they only had the XL size!

I had a walk around the city, it sure is beautiful! Did you get to do that yourself? One thing I did not enjoy much is the food to be honest. City is quite expensive too! The Camp Nou experience was FANTASTIC!!! I loved those touch screens!! Very, very well done honestly, the whole thing.

As for Tello, it does hurt because like you I highly admire him. Alexis should have started - same goes for Fabregas. Also, Pique should have been part of a FOUR man defense, with Busquets moved up. Damn it Pep.

When I miss Fady or a game is shit I just re-live this post...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36710305&postcount=7101

Looking back at it I cannot believe it was as long as it was. Wow.

I like scrolling though the fady multiquote post knowing I am in there somewhere because he is too polite to skip anyone :p What also makes me smile is the fact that fady was doing the epic multi quote posts before we had a mulitquote function.

Haha you know me too well Messi :) I simply enjoy chatting with most of you people, and you're among the favorites so it's a no brainer when it comes to replying to you.

Thanks fady. You're a decent Barca fan. So jealous you got to see a clasico live!

I wish you were in my place instead pulga, as you would have seen your team at a pivotal moment, and you would have loved every minute of the experience. Thanks for the kind words btw, I appreciate it :) I like being a peaceful fan.

Ok one more before bed, just for FAD-HAY

tumblr_lnfekqG5vW1qziv5qo1_500.gif

THANK YOU for the beautiful gif. I love her. I swear Ellen is one of the best football-blues cures out there. So beautiful and peaceful looking.

i dont know why but it watched a video of her jugglign oranges and a lemon and i want her to touch me now

You can have Chloe instead :p
whipitpush.gif

Fady - were you fairly low ,behind and to the right of the goal that was Reals in the first half and Barcas in the second? I swear I saw you on TV. Probably my imagination but I figured I would ask.

What :0?? I was there! First half I was behind Casillas and second behind Valdes :eek: I was wearing a Barca jersey with a Barca jacket and a scarf! Is that the same area you are referring to?

Fucking great game.

Makes up for the shit-fest "London Derby" yesterday.

Oh yeah, big time!! EIGHT GOALS vs ZERO lol.

Why are you guys so mean to United?

I swear we get some special treatment in here.

Everyone hates us.

:(

I feel you bro :[ It's how it is with Barca as well in these threads.

Yuuuup

My money is on United losing the title next week

Why bro? Man City have to face UNITED (a win is far from guaranteed, even a loss may happen) and NEWCASTLE AT SPORTS DIRECT ARENA (1 word - Cisse). If City manage to win all their remaining games, it would be a miracle.

what time is it?
IT'S JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TIME!

JUVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

win the scudetto.

I support this post, congrats on the 4-0 thrashing Juve!

From Juan Mata's twitter:

yg2qi.jpg

Hahah is that really from his twitter? Never thought Luiz would accept his fate as sideshow Bob :D

Fady K

Salazar your new avatar looks like a female asian Welbeck :p

Ugh, Fady's back.
:p

I missed you too Yenrot :p What was up with Johnson today? Reina should have done better IMO :p

The game wouldn't have been as horrid if one of Van Persie's multiple chances actually went into the back of the net. lol

If i was an Arsenal fan, I agree. But yes, if both teams scored a few goals it would have been more exciting; even if it was a draw. Chelsea's attacks were horrribbbblllleeee.

Thank you Willkiller. I enjoy writing back to all of you myself. That truly was a snoozefest, the Arsenal-Chelsea game. I'm just happy we didn't lose. You're a Newcastle fan right? You guys are beasting at the moment. I'd be so happy to have a player up front who's effective like Cisse.

Fady <3 What a glorius man.

Yeah I'm a Toon fan. Indeed we are, it's incredible. The whole city has been lifted!

Lightning

Banned
If i was an Arsenal fan, I agree. But yes, if both teams scored a few goals it would have been more exciting; even if it was a draw. Chelsea's attacks were horrribbbblllleeee.
The whole game was horrible. Even Arsenal, we had a few chances but we were crap. Our midfield was disjointed, our attack ineffective and the only reason we never conceeded was because Chelsea's attack sucked as much as ours.

Poor game and that surprised me given what was at stake for both teams. I mean, when you are bringing on Andre Santos to try and assist in a goal what does that tell you? lol We're completely void of ideas....

Good to see Danny get another goal and play well, at least.
The Welback goal was a screaming beauty.

rodvik

What :0?? I was there! First half I was behind Casillas and second behind Valdes :eek: I was wearing a Barca jersey with a Barca jacket and a scarf! Is that the same area you are referring to?

Lol, yeah all in your barca gear! You were looking very angry as Iniesta didnt get a call or something. Your face was right there in the shot. I was like "that looks like Fady!" So awesome it might have been you! If you get a recording of the game (I watched on GOL TV) you will see yourself or your look alike!!

Lol, yeah all in your barca gear! You were looking very angry as Iniesta didnt get a call or something. Your face was right there in the shot. I was like "that looks like Fady!" So awesome it might have been you! If you get a recording of the game (I watched on GOL TV) you will see yourself or your look alike!!

Haha do you remember about when it was? Got it in 720p and will gif the hell out of angry fady

Messi

Only on footie GAF would someone pick out fady from 98,000 people

pulga

Banned
Also, hats off to Juve. It's a good time for them and many Madrid gaffers, after not having won a league title in years, happy for you guys. I look forward to seeing Juve in the Champions League
where they will knock out all my favorite teams :p

As a Juve and Madrid fan since I was a small boy, it's been specially glorious. Worn both kits back to back over the weekend. Feels good mang.

I wish you were in my place instead pulga, as you would have seen your team at a pivotal moment, and you would have loved every minute of the experience. Thanks for the kind words btw, I appreciate it :) I like being a peaceful fan.

God, yes. All I've ever been to is a Getafe - RMadrid. Bucket list is half complete.

Messi

:lol

That's a lot of people. Not even WrestleMania or SuperBowl gets that much...

How much are tickets for Clasico?

On the official site they range from €80 - €250, if you spotted fady im pretty sure he dropped big money on seats. ENVY.

Edit: black market goes all the way to €1000 yes €1000

GorillaJu

As a Juve and Madrid fan since I was a small boy, it's been specially glorious. Worn both kits back to back over the weekend. Feels good mang.

God, yes. All I've ever been to is a Getafe - RMadrid. Bucket list is half complete.

Are also a Manchester United, Lakers, Patriots and Yankees fan?

Kyoufu

On the official site they range from €80 - €250, if you spotted fady im pretty sure he dropped big money on seats. ENVY.

Edit: black market goes all the way to €1000 yes €1000

Not hard to believe. It's like paying for a quality hooker except it doesn't last 2 minutes.

Messi

Guys lets be real, do we really want to see an angry Fady? Maybe the illusion will be broken if we see him enraged.

Chilled Food for thought

Pachimari

Crap, I missed the Juve-Roma match and wtf at Genoa-Sienna.

Btw, there was a guy in here who offered 50% on FM 2012 on Steam. Do you still have the code? Can you eventually PM me?

Top Bottom