• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Lightning

Banned
RVP deserves it, no one even came close to him IMO. (based on the whole season and the impact of his goals)
Definitely true. He has carried Arsenal FC on his back all season and saved the Arsenal fans serious embarrasment this season. Great man.

Of all his goals this year though, his winner at Anfield is the one that feels the most special to me. What a fantastic goal that was...

Also, why do people hating on players just because the team they support have a player of the same nationality, position and age. I see these coming up a lot:

Lucas vs Sandro
Johnson/Kelly vs Walker
Every defensive midfield vs Scott Parker

Plasma

Banned
Also, why do people hating on players just because the team they support have a player of the same nationality, position and age. I see these coming up a lot:

Lucas vs Sandro
Johnson/Kelly vs Walker
Every defensive midfield vs Scott Parker

Probably because there are a lot more midfielders in the premiership that deserve to be in that PFA team more than him.

Arnie

Which is his fault and you therefore hate him?

Who said they hated him? I just don't think he deserves the Young Player of the Year award. Of course people are going to make comparisons to players of their own clubs, because they see them more often than most. It's no coincidence that I'd have Lucas over Sandro and Kelly over Walker, that's just my opinion though.

It isn't hate. In a team of the year though it makes more sense to compare Parker with a centre midfielder than it does other positions. So that is what we do

I'm not talking about just today. It happens all the time.

Who said they hated him? I just don't think he deserves the Young Player of the Year award. Of course people are going to make comparisons to players of their own clubs, because they see them more often than most. It's no coincidence that I'd have Lucas over Sandro and Kelly over Walker, that's just my opinion though.

They don't always come out and say it, but you can usually tell when people don't like someone.

Lightning

Banned
We should spend a considerable amount of money this summer or we'll slip further.
Oh yeah.

Attacking Midfielder and another quality striker would be priority for me but a quality left back and Yann M'Vila into our defensive midfield wouldn't go astray either. We conceed too many freakin goals... and in front of goal if Van Persie isn't either creating or scoring then nothing happens. It's so frustrating....

Yen

True. Like comparing Higuain, Tevez, Aguero, etc. Makes sense to do it.
And the examples he gave back that up. Brazil have a lot of good DMs, England have a lot of good RBs, there are a lot of good CMs in the Premiership (though none of Parker's quality, of course).

Stubo

There's comparing them, and there's active dislike usually in the form of "x is shit, y is so much better", purely because they coexist.
In real terms, this is equivalent to "In my humble opinion y is a better player than x, while x is also actually very good also"

Not that you'll hear such phrases uttered by many football fans, you're either the best, or not worth talking about at all.

Edit: I wouldn't say it's got anything to do with age or nationality, but they will absolutely compare players from that position with others regarding the player of the year list, otherwise how would it even work? A team of 11 strikers for example?

Zabojnik

535318_291439010935749_107074546038864_649604_304408309_n.jpg

Lama Lamela responded by spitting. :smh: I'm not a fan of trolling, though. At least not while the game is still being played. Bad, bad Lichtsteiner! Although he was at Lazio for a few years, so ... Should have still avoided showing four fingers. Totti did it years ago and it hasn't paid.
That's OUR job!

dc89

Last time City won the league with 3 games left to play they were 3 points off the top. United were top and Leeds 2nd.

City went to St James Park and won. United travelled to Sunderland and City won by 2 points.

Strange hey?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/535318_291439010935749_107074546038864_649604_304408309_n.jpg[IMG]

Lama Lamela responded by spitting. :smh: I'm not a fan of on-the-pitch trolling, though. Bad, bad Lichtsteiner! Although he was at Lazio for a few years, so ... Should have still avoided showing four fingers. Totti did it years ago and it hasn't paid.[spoiler]And let us do it instead![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I don't approve of this, but I'm glad he did it.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yAz8J.jpg

Never forget.

Last time City won the league with 3 games left to play they were 3 points off the top. United were top and Leeds 2nd.

City went to St James Park and won. United travelled to Sunderland and City won by 2 points.

Strange hey?
Well Leeds are 13th in the Championship so there's that.

Zabojnik

Maybe he was just communicating with Conte. Asking if we should switch to a 4-man defense.
:trollface:

I'll have to look for this fine product ...

Vidal20bagnoschiuma20polar.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's hard to sleep now but I'll try :p Gotta wake up in 5 hours!
Maybe he was just communicating with Conte. Asking if we should switch to a 4-man defense.
:trollface:

I'll have to look for this fine product ...

Vidal20bagnoschiuma20polar.jpg

VIDAAAL.. all over my face!

Carbonox

Money usually is the answer providing it's spent well. See Newcastle. See Liverpool on how not to spend money well.

See Man City on how to throw shit at a wall and see if anything sticks. If you have THAT sort of cash flow, by all means try it and Arsenal might actually do well with it.

Mastadon

Banned
Money usually is the answer providing it's spent well. See Newcastle. See Liverpool on how not to spend money well.

See Man City on how to throw shit at a wall and see if anything sticks. If you have THAT sort of cash flow, by all means try it and Arsenal might actually do well with it.

Whatever. Have you seen our sponsorship deals? That's the true measure of a club.

Edit: I wouldn't mind Rodgers as our next manager.

FootballFan

Just watching ManUnited highlights, were the fans singing Campeones Campeones! when it was made 3-1 by Nani? (great team goal btw)
Lol looks like it was entertaining from 30th minute onwards.

Kyoufu

Just watching ManUnited highlights, were the fans singing Campeones Campeones! when it was made 3-1 by Nani? (great team goal btw)
Lol looks like it was entertaining from 30th minute onwards.

It was pretty entertaining from the get go. Everton never looked like they were going to just bend over and take it.

I'm scared of them now.

Gah, why do our remaining fixtures have to be so difficult?

dc89

RVP said it was his dream to win PFA award. He says he owes many thanks to Arsenal. Will he sign that new contract now?

no

Top Bottom