• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Facism

Gold Member
Just saw this. Made me mad and got me thinking about you guys

dCr8M.jpg

where's the cheese?

TeegsD

GGOOOOOLLLLLOOOOO

WOLFIE! 3-2!

Please just hang on

Oh god, Marcelo looks to be having issues. I'm pretty sure we have no subs. Already down to 10 men.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vucinic assisted two goals! Involved in all four!

Conte please use our subs -_- We've got another game in three days!

Stubo

Football Gaf's fridge would be nothing but chocolate, day-old pizza, and Moet.
I'd agree with everyone wanting more cheese involved.

Cheesecake too, actually. It has cheese in the word, so it was probably implied by everyone else ;)

Zabojnik

Well, game over, ordinary administration until the 90'.

Marchisio is amazing. Vidal is amazing. Pirlo is amazing. Everybody is amazing.
@@.gif

Marchisio is amazing. Vidal is amazing. Pirlo is amazing. Everybody is amazing.[/IMG]
The MVP midfield is revelatory. My single biggest worry going into this season was that Conte would be dogmatic about his 4-4-2 ('4-2-4', whatever) but instead he has built 4-3-3s and 3-5-2s that give Pirlo two terriers to protect and assist him. Now we just need to worry about finding an understudy for Pirlo.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If we didn't tie all those times with teams such as Bologna, Cesena, etc.etc. ... we would have been much more than just 3 points ahead of Milan. And this because we didn't obtain to capitalize the possibilites we had. Next year, we need a powerful striker, someone who can break defenses lines / solve matches in crowded situations due to his physical strength.

What a match, however, we've destroyed them! :D

Arnie

Quite excited for Match of the Day, regardless of our result. Haven't seen any of the goals from the game at Old Trafford and I here they're all beauties. Can't wait to see Ferguson's grumpy mug too.

RVP POTY.

Kyle Walker YPOTY.

Hart; Walker, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines; Silva, Yaya Toure, Parker, Bale; Rooney, RvP is Team of the Year.

Looks like spending the evening watching The Office was a good choice, after all. Well, congratz Juve/JuveGAF, you had a better run this year than everyone else. :)

Roma is disappointing, though. Not just for this match, their entire season has been kinda crap. Luis Enrique has a lot to do, in one year he changed almost nothing from last season.

Arnie

Kyle Walker for young player of the year is an absolute joke. The boy's quick and little else, he's certainly not a good defender. He was getting consistently banged by Glen Johnson against us. And that was in a game where Martin kelly outshone him in every aspect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thanks guys!

Congrats Juve!!

Are you alright, Yurt?

MORE THAN ALRIGHT!

@@.gif

Juve now playing with twelve men (Del Piero on).

uwZvE.gif

If we didn't tie all those times with teams such as Bologna, Cesena, etc.etc. ... we would have been much more than just 3 points ahead of Milan. And this because we didn't obtain to capitalize the possibilites we had. Next year, we need a powerful striker, someone who can break defenses lines / solve matches in crowded situations due to his physical strength.

What a match, however, we've destroyed them! :D

I fixed my mind on Cavani. Don't steal him Chelsea/City/Liverpool :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hart; Walker, Kompany, Coloccini, Baines; Silva, Yaya Toure, Parker, Bale; Rooney, RvP is Team of the Year.

Hard to disagree really.

Arnie said:
Kyle Walker for young player of the year is an absolute joke. The boy's quick and little else, he's certainly not a good defender. He was getting consistently banged by Glen Johnson against us. And that was in a game where Martin kelly outshone him in every aspect.

He's certainly not a bad defender. In fact I'd say he's a better defender than attacker, his crosses are shite and his decision making in the final third is dreadfully slow. I don't think he really deserves it over Aguero but he isn't a bad player.

Downloading the match now, going to watch it in the background but I couldn't stay away from GAF. 4-0 OMG JUVE PER SEMPRE!!!!

Vidal is a beast, of course. I think it's fair to say we have the single best defense and midfield in Serie A, even when Milan is healthy I'm sorry. No other team gets as much from our players from behind the ball as Juve does. Nobody. Once we improve our strike force we'll be unstoppable. It's really crazy how good we are, I can't believe my eyes.

So now we have a one game buffer as even if we lose and Milan win we have a better head-to-head, which means basically 4 games left to really worry about.

Yen

Just about to match this point. He's fast and strong, and his play is totally reliant on this. If he wasn't English, people would say he's not worth the hype.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Adebayor's twitter no longer says he plays for Tottenham Hotspur. Those rumours about him being banished by Redknapp for 'poor form' are starting to look ominous.

Arnie

Hard to disagree really.

He's certainly not a bad defender. In fact I'd say he's a better defender than attacker, his crosses are shite and his decision making in the final third is dreadfully slow. I don't think he really deserves it over Aguero but he isn't a bad player.
He's got a good build on him, so I imagine he's naturally going to be a half decent defender as long as he learns to track players runs. And for what it's worth I think he's not bad going down the wing, he may be a shite crosser but he's quick as fuck. Saying that...
Just about to match this point. He's fast and strong, and his play is totally reliant on this. If he wasn't English, people would say he's not worth the hype.
Exactly. If he was from Israel nobody would care. He's got some promise, and he's not 'shit' by any means, but he's not the young player of the year. And I honestly wouldn't have him over a player like Kelly who I think offers a better defensive brain.
Don't steal him Chelsea/City/Liverpool :(
:lol

You guys didn't know Kyle Walker was going to win? They suspended betting a week ago after people started trying to put a grand on him.

If only I still had the tongue celebration gif :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP deserves it, no one even came close to him IMO. (based on the whole season and the impact of his goals)
Arnie + WoodenLung said:
You never know!
Cavani leaves Napoli for Juventus. Later that evening in Napoli ...

http://www.sport10.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/scontri-tifosi-napoli-480x320.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kJ0OmsOTJl0/TL_60_7a3rI/AAAAAAAAAFU/9zH_S0kM5WI/s1600/guerriglia+in+Italia.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's not far from the truth lol And I think he knows it. It's probably why it's more likely that he's moving outside of Italy.

The win was dedicated to Morosini. People are assuming he supports Juve based on his twitter.

Top Bottom