• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Lightning

Banned
One of the unsung gems of the season has been Laurent Koscielny. His development of the last 10 months has saw him become my favourite Arsenal player to watch. His timing, deceptive strength, acceleration and bravery in tackles make him one of the best defenders in the league in my opinion.
He's had a great season and together with Vermaelen help us form a formidable central defense. Sagna is very good but Gibbs/Santos concerns me... Only weakness in our defense, imo. Along with depth but that problem applies to the entire squad except wingers which we have too many...

Doesn't matter because he's a club legend so he deserves a lot of time even though he's delivering the worst season in more than 40 years, blablabla..
You should be thankful, you could have Alex McLeish instead of Aston Villa suffering him.

Lightning

Banned
we're fucked then...

anyway, speaking of Arsenal defenders, what happened to Mertesacker?
Mertesacker is out of the season as well with a ankle injury. And no, we're not fucked because we don't have Arteta. We only have Stoke, Norwich and West Brom to play. It would be better if Arteta was playing but all we need is RVP to rediscover his scoring boots and we'll be fine.

vall03

Mertesacker is out of the season as well with a ankle injury. And no, we're not fucked because we don't have Arteta. We only have Stoke, Norwich and West Brom to play. It would be better if Arteta was playing but all we need is RVP to rediscover his scoring boots and we'll be fine.

that could be the case but seeing Ramsey on the pitch is a problem...

Salazar

from you know where said:
In short I think we should keep Carroll, Downing, Adam et al as the basis of our squad & buy in good quality in the areas we're patently lacking come the summer; Ship out those clearly not good enough

Dying.

Choc

Banned

i heard arsenal win record without arteta is 0%

Lightning

Banned
I have more faith in Ramsey than most Arsenal fans, especially on GAF. I also dont like turning on our players when Ramsey is playing his first full season with us, is young, and still has a lot to learn and will make mistakes. This player puts in a ton of effort, chases after the ball and has a fantastic work rate. He needs to work on his finishing and decision making while at the same time needing to speed his game up but he is very young and has a great amount of potential but in order for him to grow he needs game time so I want Ramsey playing.

It's amazing how fans just rip into Ramsey yet you get someone like Alex Song who can be a lazy bastard, can stroll around like he doesn't give a fuck, can give possession away like it's nothing, get caught out of position time and time again pressuring the back four but make 1 great pass to Van Persie and get a free pass as a result. Why is it like this? People need to watch Alex Song to really realize how much added pressure he puts on the back 4 on the days he feels like taking off and having a rest...

GorillaJu

Liverpool fans probably have a bit of a blessing in disguise is that we are going to finish the season with such awful form that we can't possibly raise our expectations for the next season.

6th place in 2013!

ninja_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

elsk

Banned
Liverpool fans probably have a bit of a blessing in disguise is that we are going to finish the season with such awful form that we can't possibly raise our expectations for the next season.

6th place in 2013!

Well, at least you guys got a ticket for EL next season.

Lightning

Banned
given he was transferred in january, how can that he played most of the games?!
What? He transferred after the Man U game on the last day of the transfer window....

That stat is not worth talking about, it's misleading to hell. The only games he's missed for us are the ones now and the games in January. He's played all the rest... I think he has missed like 4 games, maybe 5 but that's it.

neoanarch

I haven't talked about the mexican league in a awhile.

Chivas are the joke of all jokes. Lost their two clasicos got knocked out of the Libertadores in the most humiliating way possible. to top it all off this Cruyff thing is turning into a bit of a joke. He doesn't actually do anything as far as I can see and his American son-in-law seems to be the one handling day-to-day stuff.

John van 't Schip is the new manager. Mediocre in the A-League and nearly relegated FC Twente a while back. At least he's been ordered to play a 4-3-3 next year which suits Chivas better than whatever Ambriz was using.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I haven't talked about the mexican league in a awhile.

Chivas are the joke of all jokes. Lost their two clasicos got knocked out of the Libertadores in the most humiliating way possible. to top it all off this Cruyff thing is turning into a bit of a joke. He doesn't actually do anything as far as I can see and his American son-in-law seems to be the one handling day-to-day stuff.

John van 't Schip is the new manager. Mediocre in the A-League and nearly relegated FC Twente a while back. At least he's been ordered to play a 4-3-3 next year which suits Chivas better than whatever Ambriz was using.
Keep breaking my heart neoanarch.

ShogunX

Kyle Walker has won the PFA young player of the year over Sergio Aguero.......The same Kyle Walker who has been pretty shit for a while and cost Spurs quite a few goals because of his poor positioning.

But he's got pace!

neoanarch

Keep nailing that stake down my heart. Maybe the pain will eventually go away.

Still think you don't need any signings though? I saw the Cruz Azul demolition of Tecos and was reminded they made a bid for Orozco a while back.

Speaking of Tecos there is a rumour going around that the league is increasing to 20 clubs(awful) and they may not go down(awful).

dc89

lol Chicha

1iKjk.gif

Yeah, it got to the point where Scholes was getting dragged to cover for Evra. Fucking absurd.

I genuinely did not know where he was at several points. Which is acceptable at varying levels if you are an attacking player.

But I want to be pretty fucking confident that I can outline a sector on the pitch and expect my left back to spend most of his time there. Maybe that's conservative, even primitive. But fuck, the alternative scares and annoys me.

Yeah Evra is the weak link in United's defence. I wonder who will play right back for City on Monday, if it's Richards United might have problems on that side.

If Evra is so willing to neglect his defensive duties then the least he could do is be useful in attack. But no, he goes and misses a header from 3 yards out.

The perfect way to describe Evra:

That's brilliant.

Roy Hodgson has won as many games at Anfield as Dalglish has this year.

Kenny is lucky he has had cup success. If he didnt'f he'd be moving upstairs in summer to take up the DoF job.

6th place in 2013!

Top 4 has to be achieved next season for Liverpool to progress. I think the owner will demand that as an objective.

Ruh-roh.

I don't count Aguero as a young player, anyway.

Yeah, isn't he 23/24?

Arnie

Back to Uni today, sat razzing a cup of tea whilst I'm waiting for my train. Got a 20 minute wait at Manchester. It's also my birthday, although now I'm 20 it's not really a big deal.

It's funny, I remember when I was 13 and £20 would be a huge deal; you'd effectively have the world in your pocket with £20. Now anything I really want costs upwards towards £1000, like passing my driving test or buying an iMac.

dc89

Back to Uni today, sat razzing a cup of tea whilst I'm waiting for my train. Got a 20 minute wait at Manchester. It's also my birthday, although now I'm 20 it's not really a big deal.

It's funny, I remember when I was 13 and £20 would be a huge deal; you'd effectively have the world in your pocket with £20. Now anything I really want costs upwards towards £1000, like passing my driving test or buying an iMac.

Happy birthday squire. Which uni do you go to!?

Mastadon

Banned

Happy birthday mate!

Lightning

Banned

Happy Birthday!!!

elsk

Banned
Feliz cumpleaños, Arnie!

Really? But Marco Fabían is a #10 so a 4-2-3-1 is good for him, in a 4-3-3 he would have to move somewhere else.

edit: Before I go to sleep, some news.

Bild: Shinji Kagawa will leave Dortmund in summer. Both Manchester United and Chelsea are interested.

Fry

Happy birthday, man.

rodvik

Happy birthday! 20 Pretty much from now on you will be able to afford more and more but will have less and less time to enjoy it. :)

Top Bottom