• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

So where's the Fady gif?

I feel like should this come to fruition it will be Footy-GAF's crowning moment.

Which will only be topped when Kermit returns a'la The Undertaker.

rodvik

33:15 - Iniesta camera close up as he runs back from the goal kick after he ran past the byline. Enhance upper left.

I think thats what made me think of Fady and apparently the seating is correct. I will check more later, gotta go look after kids for a bit.

pulga

Banned
Are also a Manchester United, Lakers, Patriots and Yankees fan?

Nah dude. Is it my fault I was taught to love both teams as a child? I'm betting you didn't have much choice when you were handed a City scarf as a kid
why else would someone choose to support ManShitty?

If youre not a City fan ignore all that, I'm under the impression you are?

And argument is entirely invalid after Juve calciopoli bullshit. Any gloryhunter would've called it quits after that
like half the team did loooooool

Messi

33:15 - Iniesta camera close up as he runs back from the goal kick after he ran past the byline. Enhance upper left.

I think thats what made me think of Fady and apparently the seating is correct. I will check more later, gotta go look after kids for a bit.

LIES the kids can wait, this is FADY

:p

Guys lets be real, do we really want to see an angry Fady? Maybe the illusion will be broken if we see him enraged.

Chilled Food for thought

Don't worry Messi. I'm scared too. We all are.

Except fot Awesome Animals, but he just wants to see the world burn.

Messi

Don't worry Messi. I'm scared too. We all are.

Except fot Awesome Animals, but he just wants to see the world burn.

I am not ready to see this, I am logging off.

Edit: Olivia Wilde is blonde again it seems, there goes my evening... Fucking chronic fapping

elsk

Banned
Nah dude. Is it my fault I was taught to love both teams as a child? I'm betting you didn't have much choice when you were handed a City scarf as a kid
why else would someone choose to support ManShitty?

If youre not a City fan ignore all that, I'm under the impression you are?

And argument is entirely invalid after Juve calciopoli bullshit. Any gloryhunter would've called it quits after that
like half the team did loooooool

You should pick one of those teams. It's weird to be fan of two top european teams.
(pick Juve, obviously)

And the current Real Madrid is very similar to Man City.

Dibbz

The whole game was horrible. Even Arsenal, we had a few chances but we were crap. Our midfield was disjointed, our attack ineffective and the only reason we never conceeded was because Chelsea's attack sucked as much as ours.

Poor game and that surprised me given what was at stake for both teams. I mean, when you are bringing on Andre Santos to try and assist in a goal what does that tell you? lol We're completely void of ideas....

The Welback goal was a screaming beauty.

Hey man I like Santos. I thought it was a good idea to try him on the wing like that since he isn't the fastest guy around but his touch and ball control is very good.

It was just a bad day in front of goal for RVP. He had numerous chances that were almost replicas of goals he'd already scored this season but he just kept slicing everything wide.

The last few games are going to be tough. Honestly I'm hoping everyone below Arsenal drop points till the end because if they don't I'm not confident Arsenal will keep 3rd.

rodvik

Fady?

XKuBMl.jpg

pulga

Banned
You should pick one of those teams. It's weird to be fan of two top european teams.
(pick Juve, obviously)

And the current Real Madrid is very similar to Man City.

That'd be like making me choose between two of my (future) kids. It's not like we're european and must have an allegiance to one european team from our own country. I've been watching both leagues since a kid so I've always backed two teams. Don't really see the controversy.

Just don't ask me to pick who I'd rather win a Champions League.

Plus, you can vouch for me. Real España ain't no top dawg D: Fucking Victoria!

Choc

Banned
just to give you an idea of how bad that dive has gone done in Australia, the betting agencies refunded all bets against the losers.

lulz

just to give you an idea of how bad that dive has gone done in Australia, the betting agencies refunded all bets against the losers.

lulz

Is the team in Orange Brisbane? A childhood friend of mine is marrying the captain (I think he is anyway)! Matthew Smith. Ring any bells?

Lightning

Banned
The last few games are going to be tough. Honestly I'm hoping everyone below Arsenal drop points till the end because if they don't I'm not confident Arsenal will keep 3rd.
The only ones who can really take 3rd from us is Newcastle and they have tough fixtures coming up. Do I think we will win all our remaining games? No, definitely not. I think we will win 1 and draw 2 of our last 3 games giving us 5 more points. I just happen to think that will be enough to secure 3rd spot.

Because I think Newcastle have a loss and a draw coming up as well and Spurs really need to turn shit around because they look deflated and flat. Chelsea have a lot of games, will take a mountain effort for them to make 4th spot from where they are.

And it's fine if you like Santos but I don't. His defending is atrocious, he's slow, his positioning is pathetic, his decision making is poor and what he offers in offense doesn't make up for this. As an outright winger we have much better options and as a defender he sucks. That is my view on Santos. All I can say is I am glad Benayoun comes back for our remaining 3 games because he is playing well and contributing. We may have won the game against Chelsea had he been able to play as we can't always rely on RVP. RVP has an off day and as we just saw on the weekend man on man are we crap...

Kyoufu

The only ones who can really take 3rd from us is Newcastle and they have tough fixtures coming up. Do I think we will win all our remaining games? No, definitely not. I think we will win 1 and draw 2 of our last 3 games giving us 5 more points. I just happen to think that will be enough to secure 3rd spot.

Because I think Newcastle have a loss and a draw coming up as well and Spurs really need to turn shit around because they look deflated and flat. Chelsea have a lot of games, will take a mountain effort for them to make 4th spot from where they are.

I know Arsenal can be disappointing but I really expect 3 wins from you guys.

Clegg

Its become really obvious that United need a new full back asap. Patrice Evra was at fault for at least 1 of Evertons goals. His job is to get to that touchline and stop any crosses from coming in. Instead he was 30 yards infield waving his cock about. We need a new LB desperately. So it makes Fergies decision to send Fabio out on loan even more bizarre.

Rooney and Nani seem to be in great form and Welbeck is starting to score goals again. Our attack looks pretty decent now.

Regardless of whether United win the league or not, a new midfielder and a new full back are needed.

And United were much too open today. As soon as they went 4-2 up they should have changed formation to a 4-3-3 in order to shore up the midfield.

Salazar

lol Chicha

1iKjk.gif

Yeah, it got to the point where Scholes was getting dragged to cover for Evra. Fucking absurd.

I genuinely did not know where he was at several points. Which is acceptable at varying levels if you are an attacking player.

But I want to be pretty fucking confident that I can outline a sector on the pitch and expect my left back to spend most of his time there. Maybe that's conservative, even primitive. But fuck, the alternative scares and annoys me.

Stubo

Its become really obvious that United need a new full back asap. Patrice Evra was at fault for at least 1 of Evertons goals. His job is to get to that touchline and stop any crosses from coming in. Instead he was 30 yards infield waving his cock about. We need a new LB desperately. So it makes Fergies decision to send Fabio out on loan even more bizarre.

Rooney and Nani seem to be in great form and Welbeck is starting to score goals again. Our attack looks pretty decent now.

Regardless of whether United win the league or not, a new midfielder and a new full back are needed .
I really don't believe that a new LB is needed, Fabio just needs to stay fit and hit some consistency. I honestly felt more comfortable for the majority of games he's played there than Evra the last season or so. Agreed on the attack, I place no blame on those players, the defence just needed to do their job and failed.

Midfielder is without question, I know SAF will be reluctant to splash big money around, but I hope he has a list of potential prospects that he believes in so a couple can be recruited for the cause. Obviously any extra players deemed worthy by the scouting network are a bonus.

lol Chicha
:) It's good that he has that passion/actually cares, haha.

Clegg

If Evra is so willing to neglect his defensive duties then the least he could do is be useful in attack. But no, he goes and misses a header from 3 yards out.

The perfect way to describe Evra:

Meier

Tammy Taylor is such an annoying character in FNL. Seriously grating.

I couldn't disagree more. Her and Coach are probably about the two best TV characters ever. Can only assume you're early on or something because there's no way someone could not grow to absolutely love her.

One of the unsung gems of the season has been Laurent Koscielny. His development of the last 10 months has saw him become my favourite Arsenal player to watch. His timing, deceptive strength, acceleration and bravery in tackles make him one of the best defenders in the league in my opinion.

Roy Hodgson has won as many games at Anfield as Dalglish has this year.

Blackburn and QPR have more home victories this season than Liverpool

Fry

Roy Hodgson has won as many games at Anfield as Dalglish has this year.

Doesn't matter because he's a club legend so he deserves a lot of time even though he's delivering the worst season in more than 40 years, blablabla..

FootballFan

Haha, that's not a dive though, is it? He swung for the ball and missed and then got lucky the referee made the wrong decision

This. I watched the match, then watched the review with closer inspection and slow-motion. His left foot gets nicked right before he plants it, that is why he misses the ball and falls over. He did overreact once he was on the ground though.

At first glance it looked like a huge dive tbf. (you also have to consider the fact he already had 20 goals in the season so it seems illogical for him to want a penalty when he could easily have scored 1on1 there) Still very douche-like celebration when he won the penalty lol. If he missed it..would have been hilarious.

edit
:eek: just reading posts at the top.

Fady was at the game?? :(

Bad luck Fady, you just had to be the one that goes to watch Barca when they play below average and lose. :(

Don't think that's Fady.

Tammy Taylor is such an annoying character in FNL. Seriously grating.

DUDE WHAT?

She is my dream wife
While I don't agree with ATF you couldn't be more wrong. She is arguably more important to that show than Coach Taylor. She is constantly making that family better because of how strongly she sticks to her convictions and that gives Coach Taylor the confidence to stick to his. Omg. I'm going to need to watch that show for the third time in twelve months and fourth overall now aren't I?

This. I watched the match, then watched the review with closer inspection and slow-motion. His left foot gets nicked right before he plants it, that is why he misses the ball and falls over. He did overreact once he was on the ground though.

At first glance it looked like a huge dive tbf. (you also have to consider the fact he already had 20 goals in the season so it seems illogical for him to want a penalty when he could easily have scored 1on1 there) Still very douche-like celebration when he won the penalty lol. If he missed it..would have been hilarious.

Looks to me like he just takes an airkick and falls over, something which everyone has done while playing football. The cuntitude starts when he looks at the ref and asks for a penalty, and the referee inexplicably obliges. Its not a dive, but he's still a filthy cheat.

Looks to me like he just takes an airkick and falls over, something which everyone has done while playing football. The cuntitude starts when he looks at the ref and asks for a penalty, and the referee inexplicably obliges. Its not a dive, but he's still a filthy cheat.
And then he celebrates the call.

Top Bottom