• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Blablurn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU1CjncQ9mM&feature=g-all-u&context=G25fd0bdFAAAAAAAABAA

man i miss zidane

bayern vs madrid 2nd leg should be a classic

you can have GAF favorite Kaka and WC winner albiol

glad to see madrid is not underestimating us. seems like they want all the support they can get. will be one hell of a game. even though im not sure what to expect. im sure beating barca gave them a huuuge motivational boost. it will be all about the first 20 minutes. hope we can survive them. and then we'll see. its also time for robben to step up it's game. let's party like it's 2010, arjien

happy birthday, Arnie!

Carbonox

Back to Uni today, sat razzing a cup of tea whilst I'm waiting for my train. Got a 20 minute wait at Manchester. It's also my birthday, although now I'm 20 it's not really a big deal.

It's funny, I remember when I was 13 and £20 would be a huge deal; you'd effectively have the world in your pocket with £20. Now anything I really want costs upwards towards £1000, like passing my driving test or buying an iMac.

As a teenager, I remember £10 being a god send for 'nights out' - translation: go to some mate's house or a field because you were too young to go pub. That shit would go on a lovely 3 litre bottle of Frosty Jacks, maybe Super Tennent's if I was feeling special (and suicidal).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

neoanarch

Feliz cumpleaños, Arnie!

Really? But Marco Fabían is a #10 so a 4-2-3-1 is good for him, in a 4-3-3 he would have to move somewhere else.

edit: Before I go to sleep, some news.

Bild: Shinji Kagawa will leave Dortmund in summer. Both Manchester United and Chelsea are interested.

I always liked him on the left. 4-3-3 could be an indication of what they'll do in the transfer market.

Fry

i think something died in him during the world cup final :(

Hahaha. I couldn't believe my eyes when he missed that chance. It would be understandable if he tried to finish it with his right leg, but that was just bizarre.

I really miss the world cup(s). It's always a special month.

Carbonox

Avengers this week OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

This week shall be glorious. Champion's League - Chelsea getting knocked out, Premier League - Newcastle smashing Wigan and Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea losing, and Avengers.

YESSS.

Fry

It'll be released in the same day I'll have to wake up early to go to the dentist, then spend the whole day studying to the math test I'll have in the same time I was supposed to go to the movies.

iSwRL9KRSKFcx.gif

dc89

This is interesting:

CR7 has now scored in four of the last five El Classico's. Messi has failed to score in the last four.

Kozak

Banned
Wow, that was fantastic. And not for the first time. Congrats, Fene and Gala fans.
Melo get? Someone? Please, please, please.

Haha its funny how much Melo plays up to the GS fans too. Its so obvious he wants to stay at Galatasaray but beating up a team mate who has a 4 year contract while you're only on loan won't do you any good.

edit:

Shame too because it looks like he has a really good on-pitch relationship with the team.

Kyoufu

This week shall be glorious. Champion's League - Chelsea getting knocked out, Premier League - Newcastle smashing Wigan and Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea losing, and Avengers.

YESSS.

So much wrong in this post. :(

This is interesting:

CR7 has now scored in four of the last five El Classico's. Messi has failed to score in the last four.

He doesn't turn up to big games though.

MPW

You guys have to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVAEErq5sLc&feature=related

and then we slayed their bitch asses

edit:

If anyone wants to watch highlights of the derby. Our keeper put on a heroic performance.

so what happens now?

gala finished 1st in the league but fener is ahead in this playoff thing ... who will be crowned champs?

will they have this playoff thing every year?

Shots on target : Galatasaray 20-3 Fenerbahce
Shots in general: Galatasaray 30-4 Fenerbahce
Ball possession: Galatasaray %65 - %35 Fenerbahce

holy shit! gs is unlucky based on those stats.

Facism

Gold Member
so what happens now?

gala finished 1st in the league but fener is ahead in this playoff thing ... who will be crowned champs?

Basically, the top 4 had their total points halved and rounded up to the nearest point thereafter if necessary. Each team plays each other twice for points as usual. As it stands fenerbahce are now 2 points behind galatasaray.

It's not strictly a playoff as you would see in cup finals like the Champs league with 2 legs and away goals etc.

Teams 5 - 8 are in the same situation, but playing for the last Europa league spot.

Kozak

Banned
so what happens now?

Gala are still ahead in the playoff by 2 points but still have to face us in our stadium
where they have not beaten us for 12 years

I think this playoff thing is only this year, it was mainly to rejuvenate interest in the league after so many people lost faith in the TFF and the leagues reputation was tarnished to a lot of people in Turkey. Its worked pretty well.

Shots on target : Galatasaray 20-3 Fenerbahce
Shots in general: Galatasaray 30-4 Fenerbahce
Ball possession: Galatasaray %65 - %35 Fenerbahce

holy shit! gs is unlucky based on those stats.

Meh, we bought players who could finish and they bought names :p

Zabojnik

Pogba may be lost to us, if he even really was a possibility, but it now seems Verratti may be a done deal. 6mil€ to Pescara and apparently Conte wants him at Vinovo in the summer, so no loan to Parma or any such bullshit. I hope it's real, 'cause I'm really curious to see this guy in action. I keep hearing really good things about him. I don't suppose anyone here's a Pescara follower? Failing that ... how's he in FM12? :)))

Kyoufu

Wolves boss is the biggest hypocrite I've seen in a while. He says the club sticks together................................. yet they sacked Mick earlier........

They deserved to go down.

dc89

Haha that paper is brilliant!

Forgot to say, at Power League last night there was a guy playing with shorts over full length track suit bottoms. We were all like WTF.

Edit: if you see obscure spelling mistakes in my posts blame my iPad.

Carbonox

Facking server errors. We need a Football GAF chatroom during those dark periods.

And Kyoufu WHAT YOU CHATTING.

Hoffenheim want 10m for Sigurdsson. Pfft, I say go for it. We need a new and decent CM who can partner Guthrie (Pardew should work on turning him in to more of a Tiote-esque player, someone who can protect the back four while someone plays in front of him) in the games when we can't use our first 11.

Salazar

Just watched the second half again.

I've not had a good few days for quite a few reasons, but that was a pretty low point.

Scoring 4 goals at home and not winning is Arsenal-like.

Kyoufu

Facking server errors. We need a Football GAF chatroom during those dark periods.

And Kyoufu WHAT YOU CHATTING.

Hoffenheim want 10m for Sigurdsson. Pfft, I say go for it. We need a new and decent CM who can partner Guthrie (Pardew should work on turning him in to more of a Tiote-esque player, someone who can protect the back four while someone plays in front of him) in the games when we can't use our first 11.

Partner Guthrie?

Are you saying he should be on the bench? Because Guthrie is not a starter.

Wait are you saying Sigurdsson should be a defensive player?

WHAT AM I READING?!

Just watched the second half again.

I've not had a good few days for quite a few reasons, but that was a pretty low point.

Scoring 4 goals at home and not winning is Arsenal-like.

It happens. El Manchico will now be a battle of the titans. Though honestly I don't think Man United are good enough to beat City (unless Kompany gets red carded again). Whoever wins though will deserve it. If City wins then you'll pray to Jebus that they drop points at Newcastle.

Carbonox

Partner Guthrie?

Are you saying he should be on the bench? Because Guthrie is not a starter.

Wait are you saying Sigurdsson should be a defensive player?

WHAT AM I READING?!

Y U NO READ.

Guthrie should be turned in to a Tiote-esque player then have Sigurdsson play in front of him. This formation would be for games Tiote and Cabaye aren't playing in (for whatever reason). Be it domestic cup games or European matches. I don't want Tiote and Cabaye burned out in every match in every competition so we need good cover. I still want to be challenging for top 4 again next season, as well as in the cups.

Our change to 4-3-3 has been a revelation so maybe we could get a new DM as well so for the above, we have Guthrie and new guy holding, Sigurdsson as an AM. Then a new striker and maybe a new winger will help as well. Plus one or two defenders and we'll be good to go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh right! Happy birthday Arnie once again! Go crazy
IP6I1.gif

Pogba may be lost to us, if he even really was a possibility, but it now seems Verratti may be a done deal. 6mil€ to Pescara and apparently Conte wants him at Vinovo in the summer, so no loan to Parma or any such bullshit. I hope it's real, 'cause I'm really curious to see this guy in action. I keep hearing really good things about him. I don't suppose anyone here's a Pescara follower? Failing that ... how's he in FM12? :)))

FM profile.

+

IwuNh.jpg

+

Juventino

+

Broken nose

= Want.

Kyoufu

Y U NO READ.

Guthrie should be turned in to a Tiote-esque player then have Sigurdsson play in front of him. This formation would be for games Tiote and Cabaye aren't playing in (for whatever reason). Be it domestic cup games or European matches. I don't want Tiote and Cabaye burned out in every match in every competition so we need good cover. I still want to be challenging for top 4 again next season, as well as in the cups.

Our change to 4-3-3 has been a revelation so maybe we could get a new DM as well so for the above, we have Guthrie and new guy holding, Sigurdsson as an AM. Then a new striker and maybe a new winger will help as well. Plus one or two defenders and we'll be good to go.

I don't think we'll spend 10 million on someone to sit on the bench unfortunately. :(

Sigurdsson is amazing and belongs in the starting 11 of a club, so if we're just buying him to use him on our 6 games of European football next season then it's a waste for him.

Carbonox

I don't think we'll spend 10 million on someone to sit on the bench unfortunately. :(

Sigurdsson is amazing and belongs in the starting 11 of a club, so if we're just buying him to use him on our 6 games of European football next season then it's a waste for him.

Gotta prepare for dem injuries too. :\ Risky business. He definitely can't be a starting player for us though. I wouldn't change our midfield and forwards for anyone.

Plus if we get a lesser player then I fear we won't have the strength to cope.

Berisha is just a cunt, remember that asshole always being a little bitch when he was here too.

Oh right! Happy birthday Arnie once again! Go crazy
IP6I1.gif

b0vOS.jpg

+

IwuNh.jpg

+

Juventino

+

Broken nose

= Want.

I saw him run around there. Was weird seeing a player I know purely through FM trying to save someones life, dude is amazing, constantly finding creating chances out of nothing for me with his passes.

Top Bottom