• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Come so far my arse, this season has been a colossal disaster and I'm sick people giving Wenger credit for the resurgent when he was the one who fucked us over in the first place.

Given the kinda club we are, trying to challenge without a sugar daddy subsidising us, I'd take Wenger over anyone else. Victory over Stoke would pull us into safety, Newcastle's run-in is tough.

Ryck

Haven't posted in Football-Gaf in a few years now... but I have to after a game like that.. Congratulations to Chelsea and it's fans... REALLY REALLY entertaining game.

feel

rewatching torres goal run off the dvr, and you can hear softly on the background at least 4 or 5 commentators of multiple languages going absolutely mental screaming at the top of their lungs while torres makes his way towards
the box.. so good

(latin fox sports)

So who is going through the thread for all the "Chelsea won't get lucky twice" posts.
KuGsj.gif

I can't even bother, taking away that CL spot from Kyoufu will be enough.

No Terry (good riddance), Ramires, Meireles for the final...

Meireles was terrible yet again, both goals from him losing the ball...

Tristam

This is the best fucking sport in the fucking world. Where else would you get such insane, trolltastic results? I'm still laughing my goddamn ass off right now.

Congrats Chelsea, I've never cared for you guys but, bravo, what a result. Di Mateo has ascended to demi-god status with the results he has ground out of this old, broken ass team. Bravo.

You generally wouldn't because upsets happen far more frequently in soccer than, say, football, basketball, or baseball.

I've got to admit that, even as a Barca fan, that was ridiculously exciting, and I don't feel bitter toward Chelsea. I do feel kind of deflated, but I'm not as reactionary as most of football-GAF, so I don't think this is the end of Barcelona's general dominance or Messi's greatness. But big wins/defeats, especially upsets, bring out the histrionics.

Wes

venison crêpe
Code:
15 	Aston Villa 	35 	-14 	36
16 	QPR 	        35 	-18 	34
17 	Wigan 	        35 	-26 	34
--------------------------------------------------
18 	Bolton 	        34 	-28 	33
19 	Blackburn 	35 	-26 	31
20 	Wolves 	        35 	-41 	23

Told you Bolton would win.

Lightning

Banned
Come so far my arse, this season has been a colossal disaster and I'm sick people giving Wenger credit for the resurgent when he was the one who fucked us over in the first place.
Of course the season has been a disaster but we've saved it at least to keep our CL spot which at the start of the season seemed very unlikely...

Slizz

rewatching torres goal run off the dvr, and you can hear softly on the background at least 4 or 5 commentators of multiple languages going absolutely mental screaming at the top of their lungs while torres makes his way towards
the box.. so good

Theres a youtube vid up for who knows how long with the Al-Jazeera commentary and it is fucking awesome.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Code:
15 	Aston Villa 	35 	-14 	36
16 	QPR 	        35 	-18 	34
17 	Wigan 	        35 	-26 	34
--------------------------------------------------
18 	Bolton 	        34 	-28 	33
19 	Blackburn 	35 	-26 	31
20 	Wolves 	        35 	-41 	23

Told you Bolton would win.

All you need to do is remember where Newcastle were 2 years ago. Keep the faith.

Clegg

He played three at the back after the Clasico, knowing that it is Barca's greatest weakness.

He surely deserves some of the blame

This is true.

But demanding Guardiola get the sack is ridiculous.

He has led them to 2 CL victories and has led them to a ridiculous amount of trophies in the last 4 years. He at least deserves another season to work things out.

Feorax

Watching the final will be rough on the fans of the team that finishes fourth in the league.

On the other hand, if Chelsea win this, I won't feel so bad about how badly Liverpool have screwed up their league campaign, since we are already in the Europa and realistically, we would never have expected to get 3rd anyway.

fuenf

BAAAAAAYYYYEEEEERRRRNNNN!!!!!!!

oh my god we might actually win this thing. I'm already a nervous wreck.

the fact that all this seems to be to good to be true makes me more nervous than ever. i dont care how but pls BAAYYYYERRRNNNNN for the love of god win tomorrow and i will never criticise any Bayern player / coach / bus driver / Lothar Matthäus ever again (well at least for this season).

Sloosha

No Ramires in the final makes me sad. He deserves it.

I get nervous watching the replay of the Torres goal - like he's going to miss it. LOL.

Salamndar

I'm going to guess that this is a troll.

And if its not then you are very very stupid.

Ok let's see:

1- Barca players avg. height is much less than all other teams they played in the last 3 games yet they insist on playing cross overs when the other teams are defend with 10 players at least............just shoot the God damn ball.

2- Playing with some players that have no experience what so ever in such sensitive games from the start.

3- Too much slowness in transferring the ball from their part of the field to the opposite side.
They have fast players use it God damn it.

Obviously you have never played football in your life.

I demand his head............He won all these trophies because of the great squad he has.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
To me the best thing about tonight is that Chelsea are in a Champions League final.. and John Terry can't be in the squad. :lol Gotta hurt, cheer up JT.

Kyoufu

Now Newcastle has to win every single game and hope Arsenal/Tottenham slip on the way to 3rd.

Fuck... This is such an incredible season :lol

nemesun

Given the kinda club we are, trying to challenge without a sugar daddy subsidising us, I'd take Wenger over anyone else. Victory over Stoke would pull us into safety, Newcastle's run-in is tough.

You mean the fourth richest club in the world with a billionaire owner? that sort of club? We have a tosser of owner who's more interested in getting Rammed in the arse by St. Louis than running a "proper" football club.

Wes

venison crêpe
Me too bro, me too :(

We have WBA away, Tottenham home, and Norwich away. If we can get three points we should be clear right?

We wont get any points against an in form WBA. Norwich Away is a hard place. Best we can hope for is that Spurs stop caring and we scrape a draw at home.

But I don't think we're safe on 37 points.

Shito

Was the text feed from The Guardian already posted?

WHO WOULD BELIEVE THIS? Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea (Ramires, 45 min+1): Moments after picking up a booking that would rule him out of the final, Ramires, channelling the spirit of Roy Keane in Turin in 1999, puts Chelsea ahead on away goals! This is astonishing! Who saw this coming? Not Barcelona, who went to sleep as Chelsea launched a rare counter-attack. Lampard knocked a sublime pass down the inside-right channel for Ramires, who had charged into the area. Valdes was way too far off his line and from 15 yards out, the Brazilian sumptuously chipped the ball over him and into the gaping net, digging it up on the run like a golfer chipping a stray ball out of the bunker! What a finish! Joga bonito.

66 min: Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass. But Barcelona are going nowhere. There's lack of tiki and a lack of taka. It's all outside the Chelsea area, and the visitors are refusing to be drawn out.

This time, Barcelona don't turn on the sprinklers. The Chelsea players can barely believe it. They're all just walking around hugging anything that moves. David Luiz, of course, is the one leading the celebrations. This is one of the most immense victories in the history of football - not just Chelsea's. It's even better than Inter's win here. More flabberghasting than Manchester United's act of escapology in this stadium in 1999. This is up there with the Miracle of Istanbul. Maybe even more astonishing. They survived Gary Cahill's injury, John Terry's red card and going behind, and still had time to see Lionel Messi, the greatest player in the world, miss a penalty. Football is a strange sport.
As always, such a delight to read them after a wonderful match.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mourinho defeating Abramovich in the final is like, the perfect revenge story isn't it?
channelling the spirit of Roy Keane in Turin in 1999,

OH GOD..would you guys PLEASE forget about this one already
QXEkM.gif
QXEkM.gif

Top Bottom