• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Meier

I demand his head............He won all these trophies because of the great squad he has.

Man, talk about a sense of entitlement. :lol In every other sport, fans are happy to get maybe 1 or 2 major championships in their lifetime let alone from the same coach in a few year period.

That penalty miss really sucked a lot from the Barca players. It was visible. A lot of bad luck. Those misses in the first leg will haunt them. I'll be happy if anyone but Chelsea wins the trophy

Kyoufu

That penalty miss really sucked a lot from the Barca players. It was visible. A lot of bad luck. Those misses in the first leg will haunt them. I'll be happy if anyone but Chelsea wins the trophy

No hate for Bayern-GAF, but Ronaldo really needs the Ballon d'Or this year and a CL win would cement it.

But if Chelsea win then I'll kill myself.

Will miss Ramires in the final. Who said he was a bad buy again?

PReoG.jpg

rififi

I wish I was as confident as the rest of you about Madrid going to the final. I am so nervous about tomorrow . . . but so happy about today.

Moobabe

I demand someone make me a Torres avatar immediately - with all the avatar bets I have riding on this game I think Chelsea GAF has earned it.

FootballFan

Man, talk about a sense of entitlement. :lol In every other sport, fans are happy to get maybe 1 or 2 major championships in their lifetime let alone from the same coach in a few year period.

Ignore that post, I think it is just reaction after being eliminated clouding his judgement.

Sleepy

Holy. Crap. What a game for Chelsea and what a goal for Torres. I hate Barca, so great game...even though I hope Chelsea lose at Munich.

FootballFan

I wish I was as confident as the rest of you about Madrid going to the final. I am so nervous about tomorrow . . . but so happy about today.

You really think Madrid who just beat Barca in the Nou Camp with Mourinho won't be able to beat Bayern at home?? Who have heaps of players in their first 11 1 yellow away from missing the final?

ShogunX

After all the stick he has had, and people calling him a flop. He has probably just scored the most important goal in his career.

Well Done David Ngog!

Isn't he still under investigation for alleged racism against Anton Ferdinand?

As Ramires said in an interview for ESPN Brasil, he plays and lives with looots of black players. As far as Ramires knows him and sees his relation with older players in the team, he find it extremely hard for him to have prejudice against black people.
That doesn't exclude the clear possibility that Terry is a knucklehead that uses racial remarks to provoke others.

No qualm there. I'm really sick of football and what it represents these days.

Sad thing is, had old families not sold up, the club would have been approaching a level of financial success, and with that the transfer market power that has never been seen at a self sufficient club; in 5 years time, we'll have no debt, a 60,000 seat stadium, an amazing training ground and a strong brand, while remaining the old business model of pouring all our money back into the club. The only thing we still have going is that we don't pay a dividend and Usmanov will always act against Kroenke.

FootballFan

When you win every single title in one season with a 4-3-3, you stick with a 4-3-3. -_-

Exactly.. My post from yesterday under this.

I disagree.

Small chance we will get past Chelsea. I can even see Chelsea winning.

I know we are missing players, still Pep shouldn't go to a 3-4-3 against the big teams either way, they will punish you with just 1 chance(as Madrid and Chelsea have). Go back to 4-3-3 and we might stand a chance. So I personally am not that excited. Hope it's entertaining either way. Good luck.

At this rate I am not sure if we will get even the Copa Del Rey vs Bilbao in the final.

edit
And criticizing Chelseas defensive play is stupid, any team and every team that plays attacking football against Barca will have a 1/100 chance of winning.

Chelsea playing defensive is the only way to win, so why shouldn't they do it, as boring as it is. It worked for Madrid, Chelsea and Inter, but how many times has playing attacking football worked against us?

Even Arsenal were playing counter-attack football when they beat us. Fact is, if Xavi, Iniesta and Messi get space they will exploit it. So why give them that space.

Khrno

When you win every single title in one season with a 4-3-3, you stick with a 4-3-3. -_-

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but possessive football, Messi, best evah, tiki-taca, Messi, 65 goals, Xavi, Messi, Pep, Messi, Qatar Foundation, Messi!

I demand someone make me a Torres avatar immediately - with all the avatar bets I have riding on this game I think Chelsea GAF has earned it.

From this match? There isn't really too many great photos of him yet

iERfWW3EsH4B6.jpg
idWRBPTIDqVih.jpg

(Torres totally looks like Clydefrog in taht first one)

Top Bottom