• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Fintan

I was under the impression there was a yellow card amnesty in CL now. It's a shame for the players. Geoff Shreeves was a dick to Ivan too.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I also think Madrid won't be going to Munich. A lesson from the football gods for those who refused to aknowledge the impredictability of football.

That said, winning against Barça, and Barça losing to Chelsea has to have taken away a lot of the burden from Madrid's shoulder's.

bud

No not performing at his standard levels in his past 3 games when it counted. Best players in the world perform at the highest level like Ronaldo did :D

But by having said that Messi is world class though, but he needs a front man, he can't do it all.

perhaps you've been living under a rock for all these years?

i agree that he hasn't played well the past week, but... those are three games.

image_slshow_einzel_0_1.jpg

so, who's the clone?

pls, not even wearing the same under shirt

AEwF3.jpg

Clegg

Ok let's see:

1- Barca players avg. height is much less than all other teams they played in the last 3 games yet they insist on playing cross overs when the other teams are defend with 10 players at least............just shoot the God damn ball.

2- Playing with some players that have no experience what so ever in such sensitive games from the start.

3- Too much slowness in transferring the ball from their part of the field to the opposite side.
They have fast players use it God damn it.

Obviously you have never played football in your life.

I demand his head............He won all these trophies because of the great squad he has.

You automatically lose arguments when making points like this.

He got his tactics badly wrong. But this happens sometimes.

You are guilty of a moronic over reaction against one of the most successful managers in Barcalonas history. You should probably calm down.

You mean the fourth richest club in the world with a billionaire owner? that sort of club? We have a tosser of owner who's more interested in getting Rammed in the arse by St. Louis than running a "proper" football club.

A billionaire owner who wont put a penny into the club and hates the guts of Usmanov? Kroenke wants us to be self sufficient and will probs sell up once our stadium debt is gone and we're an extremely attractive investment oppurtunity.

I believe Real takes it tomorrow unless Ribery and/or Robben are on their finest.

But damn, I'm still vibrating here! Oh Chelsea, oh football.

FootballFan

Ok let's see:

1- Barca players avg. height is much less than all other teams they played in the last 3 games yet they insist on playing cross overs when the other teams are defend with 10 players at least............just shoot the God damn ball.

2- Playing with some players that have no experience what so ever in such sensitive games from the start.

3- Too much slowness in transferring the ball from their part of the field to the opposite side.
They have fast players use it God damn it.

Obviously you have never played football in your life.

I demand his head............He won all these trophies because of the great squad he has.

?? wtf. Yeah he made bad choices, but saying he won because of the squad he has is as wrong as it gets. So why didn't this magical squad win this game? When they lose its Peps fault, when they win it's all the squad greatness? Go away with that kinda talk. Pep, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc are all still great no matter what happens.

Congrats to Chelsea, great defensive display, idiotic knee from Terry though. Like why would you do that?? Put his team in so much risk right after they already lost 1 CB.

Hitting the woodwork 4 times(?) in both legs really cost us.

After all the stick he has had, and people calling him a flop. He has probably just scored the most important goal in his career. Well Done David Ngog!

(Stolen from El Nino's Black Eye on RAWK)

SO HUNGRY FOR MORE

messi remains the best, but this year isn't his, unlike the previous 3

let's see if Ronaldo can regain the top spot by taking madrid to success

---------------------------

congrats to chelsea, sweat and tears is all you could see from their players, incredible

Rad-

Eh it's too early to count Madrid in the final. Sure, they are slight favorites but Bayern also has very good offense and I'm sure they will be giving it their all considering the final is in Munich.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Now Newcastle has to win every single game and hope Arsenal/Tottenham slip on the way to 3rd.

Fuck... This is such an incredible season :lol

#3-#6 EPL is definitely one of the most exciting times in a while. I have a gut feeling that Newcastle will clinch #4 but I'm ecstatic already at our position so Champions League beckoning is nothing more than a cherry upon the cake.

Blablurn

the fact that all this seems to be to good to be true makes me more nervous than ever. i dont care how but pls BAAYYYYERRRNNNNN for the love of god win tomorrow and i will never criticise any Bayern player / coach / bus driver / Lothar Matthäus ever again (well at least for this season).

*Saves post :D

My god, I'll sweat like a pig tomorrow

omg it's gonna be crazy. and it's gonna be one long day.

i'm so happy for torres. he looked bad in the minutes before the goal. but he really redeemed himself with that strike.

flyover

We wont get any points against an in form WBA. Norwich Away is a hard place. Best we can hope for is that Spurs stop caring and we scrape a draw at home.

But I don't think we're safe on 37 points.

Plus, Bolton has an extra game left. I still think the most likely outcome is Wolves (already done), Blackburn, and QPR going down. I hope Wigan survive.

With QPR's schedule (che STO mci), they're at serious risk.

nemesun

A billionaire owner who wont put a penny into the club and hates the guts of Usmanov? Kroenke wants us to be self sufficient and will probs sell up once our stadium debt is gone and we're an extremely attractive investment oppurtunity.
No qualm there. I'm really sick of football and what it represents these days.

Feorax

I've just realised. The amount of suspensions Chelsea have mean they will probably be able to field pretty much their best XI in the FA cup final.

FML...

Kyoufu

#3-#6 EPL is definitely one of the most exciting times in a while. I have a gut feeling that Newcastle will clinch #4 but I'm ecstatic already at our position so Champions League beckoning is nothing more than a cherry upon the cake.

I dunno. CL money is huge for any club so missing out on that is a big blow.

Top Bottom