• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

ShogunX

I'll buy it when I've finished with 1. PSN+ freebies ftw

Ahem, back to the football. I'm a bit terrified of the FA Cup Final. Our momentum could not be in any starker contrast to Chelsea's

I would be more concerned if we were blasting teams Home and away and Chelsea were the ones struggling. Like it's been said and proven many a time form goes well and truly out of the window in one off cup ties.

I mean lets not forget it was Evertons time to beat us a few weeks ago with them in great form and us struggling in the league and look what happened.

Kyoufu

I'm coping surprisingly well. I hate the Chelsea thugs and the only means by which they deserved to go through was through poaching the two goals. But that's football, like life not always fair.

Now I'm just SUPER WORRIED about Newcastle getting 4th and losing out on Champions League after Drogba handballs the winner from the ball bouncing off Lampards arae.

Same here. 3rd is our only option and it won't be easy considering Arsenal have 3 easy games left.

Damn, Luiz you so ugly but I love you

gHHvn.jpg

Lightning

Banned
For me, Chelsea was the better team today.
Chelsea definitely showed they wanted it more. Barcelona look to have placed themselves on a pdedstal where they just expect things to go their way without actually earning it.

Same here. 3rd is our only option and it won't be easy considering Arsenal have 3 easy games left.
Chelsea have to win the final yet which wont be easy against either Real or Bayern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God, after witnessing Chelsea's catenaccio tonight and with Iaquinta and Mutu out for tomorrow's Cesena - Juve ... I'm kind of terrified. Without a decent striker to put on the pitch Cesena might go for the bus parking. A draw wouldn't help them much in the corsa salvezza, though. They HAVE TO try to get 3 points and open up a bit.

No Giaccherini money then!
HCivQ.gif
HCivQ.gif

Paracelsus

I bet he told the team "they want you to shoot and miss instead of passing through and scoring".

Don't even try to tell me he didn't say that. It was written all over Barca.

Messi took one shot and would have scored if Petr Czech didn't get a touch on it.

So stupid. lol

Actually that happens every time you, a team who loves ball possession, face a catenaccio team. It doesn't help Barcelona or any other team like that won't shoot regardless of the crowd in front of the penalty area, tonight there were at least 4-5 clean shooting situations but no, let's send the ball on the left side.

No Giaccherini money then!

Juventus has won jackshit for the last 6 years (hunger) and our midfield has thoroughly learned to make up for the shitty strikers we have.

Dibbz

I just can't believe the game. What the fuck did I watch? Pep to be sacked in the morning? lol Cesc come back and fight for 3rd/4th in the EPL please :p

FootballFan

What's stupid about it? You think Missi should get the Ballon D'or over Ronaldo?

If Ronaldo loses against Bayern and Messi wins Copa Del Rey then Messi gets it.

If Ronaldo wins the CL and Messi wins Copa Del Rey then Ronaldo gets it.

If Ronaldo loses CL and Messi loses CDR then Ronaldo or Messi will get it.

At this point it is all about the CL.

Kyoufu

Actually that happens every time you, a team who loves ball possession, face a catenaccio team. It doesn't help Barcelona or any other team like that won't shoot regardless of the crowd in front of the penalty area, tonight there were at least 4-5 clean shooting situations but no, let's send the ball on the left side.

I think what's funny here is they beat Chelsea in the semi-final last time by actually shooting the ball in the final minute.

I can't believe they were scared to shoot. Unbelievable.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea definitely showed they wanted it more. Barcelona look to have placed themselves on a pdedstal where they just expect things to go their way without actually earning it.

Their approach play outside the box was diabolical. 99 times out of 100 they rolled the ball to Alves only for him to roll it back to Xavi/Messi on the edge of the box who then passed it sideways. They were dreadful and it was obvious that the penalty miss made them terrified of giving the ball away (like they eventually did) and conceding a goal on the counter.

And what the fuck was Pep thinking with Tello and Cuenca? The latter got the assist for Biscuits but other than that he was utter crap. Pedro must be mad.

Kyoufu said:

Arsenal do not have 3 easy games left. None of the 3-6 teams do. Arsenal have lost two out of their last 3, both against relegation strugglers. Many points will be dropped
except by Spurs

There is no way Chelsea will win the CL anyway, not with their suspensions.

Suarez has a black grandad and lots of black friends as well!!! Both must be innocent.

That doesn't exclude the clear possibility that Terry is a knucklehead that uses racial remarks to provoke others.
Same for Suarez.
They would have to be great actors to live their lives with such a deeply ingrained hate or despise for black people, sharing joy, home and time with them, just to at a singular event as in a random football match, fall out of character.

People get pissed and curse/provoke others. They are rightfully banned as to not incentivate dumbass fans to do the same.

spidye

well to be fair, messi didn't win the cl or the world cup and still won ballon d'or that year

Feorax

You can see the arrogance in that it's been so long since they've had to revert to plan B, if they even have one.

It was obvious from minute 60 onwards what Barca were doing wasn't ever going to work.

Kyoufu

At this point Ronaldo gets it either way doesn't he? Real won La Liga. Isn't La Liga > CDR?

Dibbz

Was Gary Neville trying to do a Phoenix Nights/Brian Potter getting punched in the nuts impression or something? One of the most bizarre things I've ever heard in a commentary.

Brian Potter's full name just happens to be Brian Chelsea Potter, dun dun duuuuun!

he's in

HE'S IN

TORREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

EUGGGHHHHHHHHHUHUHUHHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH

south-park-randy.jpg

Chelsea have practically no centre backs for the final and a couple of good players out via bans as well. They won't have a chance of beating Real Madrid.

With that said there's no chance of Newcastle beating Man City, Chelsea and Everton anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Wilbur

Banned
So I went to a South London pub. Fuck me the Chelsea fans in that pub were the dumbest fucking twats I've ever met in my life. Every time a Barca player is tackled - 'you fucking Spanish cunts'. Cue Mata and Torres praise. Guardiola comes on - 'you fucking bald cunt'. Cue Di Matteo songs. Highlight of the night has to be Keita trying to give the ball back quickly and someone calling him a Nigerian wanker :lol :lol

So my completely unbiased opinion; Chelsea were better tonight than they were last week, and Barca were much poorer. Messi was completely off his game, Iniesta and Xavi did fuck all and picking Cuenca/Tello ahead of Pedro is a wank move. I don't know what Guardiola is playing at but playing 3-4-3 with inexperienced wingers instead of starting with Alves at right back, Puyol at left back and Pique/Mascherano in the middle was stupid. I think his ego's got the better of him and he's really trying to see if midfielders can play everywhere. It's a shame because he hasn't put a foot wrong in almost 4 years of management but he's fucked up quite a bit this season. Injuries have been a problem yes, but he refused to bolster his squad.

Di Matteo is the luckiest fucking man in the world, but some of those Chelsea players deserved that. Ramires, Ivanovic, Drogba and Cole (despite him fucking up for the first Barca goal; should have picked up Busquets) were immense over two legs. John Terry is just the biggest fucking wanker. Why is he raising his knee? Sanchez did go over soft but Terry's done the most idiotic thing...

however the ref bottled it. He left all the important decisions up to the linesman and the crowd. Red card? Lino decides. Cech yellow card? Crowd decides. Even the penalty (I think Cesc was going over already so there was no contact, but if he had carried on there would have been. A pre-emptive penalty), the ref's waited a good five seconds before looking over at the linesman. There's no fucking way he saw the red card, he let the assistants dictate everything.

Great game though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Man, as soon as Torres got away all my housemates and I were on our feet, went fucking mental.

That was some game of football right there, still buzzing.

FootballFan

Their approach play outside the box was diabolical. 99 times out of 100 they rolled the ball to Alves only for him to roll it back to Xavi/Messi on the edge of the box who then passed it sideways. They were dreadful and it was obvious that the penalty miss made them terrified of giving the ball away (like they eventually did) and conceding a goal on the counter.

And what the fuck was Pep thinking with Tello and Cuenca? The latter got the assist for Biscuits but other than that he was utter crap. Pedro must be mad.

You are right, Tello and Cuenca are awesome, but these big games really should have big game players like Pedro..the guy who has scored against Madrid, in the CL final, Euro super cup final, world club cup etc.

Even Afellay would have been better choice experience wise. And like I already said, 4-3-3 is key. It has worked against teams that park the bus every time, except Inter and it most likely would have worked here. But if's and but's are just that. eg. If messi had shot that penalty just 5 inches lower..

Zabojnik

Juventus has won jackshit for the last 6 years (hunger) and our midfield has thoroughly learned to make up for the shitty strikers we have.

Another reason why someone like Cavani would be PERFECT for us and Barca. Can't go through with forward passing? Pass the ball to the left or right and then fucking cross it. Like, a proper cross, you know, through the air, not the shit Alves was doing tonight.

Kyoufu

Chelsea have practically no centre backs for the final and a couple of good players out via bans as well. They won't have a chance of beating Real Madrid.

With that said there's no chance of Newcastle beating Man City, Chelsea and Everton anyway, so it doesn't matter.

You don't think we can beat any of those teams? Really? :lol

Scum

Fuck it! I have a terrible headache, feeling like crap and still stuck at work. Missed it all! Congrats, ChelseaGAF.

Arnie

Man, as soon as Torres got away all my housemates and I were on our feet, went fucking mental.

That was some game of football right there, still buzzing.

Same.

Went into the game not really wanting Chelsea to get to the final but they were hard to hate when they did that after going down to 10 at around 30 minutes, against Barcelona. Ramires' goal was fucking unbelievable.

Top Bottom