• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Paracelsus

http://i.minus.com/i8YsSKTAfQMAK.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

You "Bayerns" failed hard during the most important occasions. You failed to stop Inter Milan back in 2010, you failed again in 2011 and at this point I doubt you will do any different against Real Madrid.

Rad-

You really think Madrid who just beat Barca in the Nou Camp with Mourinho won't be able to beat Bayern at home?? Who have heaps of players in their first 11 1 yellow away from missing the final?

Other than the game on saturday, Madrid has been in quite bad form lately. I don't think it's nearly as obvious as some of you are saying...

Arnie

That was pretty incredible, you should've seen the scenes in our front room when Torres rounded the keeper. Honestly I thought it was all over when Barca got the second. And seeing Messi miss that penalty was unbelievable. That really was pure entertainment.

Bayern and Real fans must be pretty chuffed too, considering that it's not just Barca who've been knocked out, but that they'll play a seriously stripped Chelsea team.

rififi

You really think Madrid who just beat Barca in the Nou Camp with Mourinho won't be able to beat Bayern at home?? Who have heaps of players in their first 11 1 yellow away from missing the final?

I certainly think Madrid should be able to win based on everything you just said, but anything is possible after tonight.

ShogunX

As Ramires said in an interview for ESPN Brasil, he plays and lives with looots of black players. As far as Ramires knows him and sees his relation with older players in the team, he find it extremely hard for him to have prejudice against black people.
That doesn't exclude the clear possibility that Terry is a knucklehead that uses racial remarks to provoke others.

Suarez has a black grandad and lots of black friends as well!!! Both must be innocent.

FootballFan

i8YsSKTAfQMAK.gif

lol I like Bayern, especially Schweinsteiger and Lahm, but I don't think they will get past Madrid, that's all. :( I hope I am wrong though.... 'Cause we all know how that final would turn out.

Kyoufu

That was pretty incredible, you should've seen the scenes in our front room when Torres rounded the keeper. Honestly I thought it was all over when Barca got the second. And seeing Messi miss that penalty was unbelievable. That really was pure entertainment.

Bayern and Real fans must be pretty chuffed too, considering that it's not just Barca who've been knocked out, but that they'll play a seriously stripped Chelsea team.

Yeah I don't think a single person here on GAF thought the game was still on when Iniesta scored...

Guardiola out.

Zabojnik

God, after witnessing Chelsea's catenaccio tonight and with Iaquinta and Mutu out for tomorrow's Cesena - Juve ... I'm kind of terrified. Without a decent striker to put on the pitch Cesena might go for the bus parking. A draw wouldn't help them much in the corsa salvezza, though. They HAVE TO try to get 3 points and open up a bit.

elsk

Banned
You "Bayerns" failed hard during the most important occasions. You failed to stop Inter Milan back in 2010, you failed again in 2011 and at this point I doubt you will do any different against Real Madrid.

Big difference: now we actually have a defense line.

Fur_Q

Redknapp "He gets the ball then passes it to his teammate, then receives it back and shoots at the goal" repeat repeat repeat you vacuous cunt.

Hixx

Well said di Matteo, stop with the fucking miserable, mood killing questions Shreeves, let them enjoy their night.

mxgt

Banned
Gary Neville is fucking hilarious, literally cannot stop laughing. I didn't even notice it at the time because I was too busy spamming my friends on messenger and typing on here :lol

What's Shreeves' problem, after such an amazing game all be seems bothered about is who will miss the final!

Also wierd night for me, Rovers have another nail hammered into our coffin with Bolton winning but at the same time I remember why I love football so much

Kyoufu

Not Guardiola's fault unless he ordered players to never shoot from outside the penalty area.

I bet he told the team "they want you to shoot and miss instead of passing through and scoring".

Don't even try to tell me he didn't say that. It was written all over Barca.

Messi took one shot and would have scored if Petr Czech didn't get a touch on it.

So stupid. lol

HOLY CRAP! I AM IN DREAMLAND! I did not expect that at all! I AM SO HAPPY! Can not wait for the final! So proud of the team!

Apart from John Terry.....FUCK JOHN TERRY!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FootballFan

We'll be back next year
, and hopefully bring our shooting boots.

Still can't believe how many opportunities we stuffed up in both legs, goddamnit football, why do you do this to me.

Good luck in the final Chelsea, will root for you guys (if you are playing Madrid), otherwise its BAYERRRNNN for me.

Keio

For a Finer World
I'm coping surprisingly well. I hate the Chelsea thugs and the only means by which they deserved to go through was through poaching the two goals. But that's football, like life not always fair.

Now I'm just SUPER WORRIED about Newcastle getting 4th and losing out on Champions League after Drogba handballs the winner from the ball bouncing off Lampards arae.

ShogunX

That finish by Ramires is class. Been great this last couple of games and looks to be the player that Chelsea paid the high fee for.

dalVlatko

http://i.imgur.com/qnXCl.jpg[/mg]

edit: beaten...

[quote="WoodenLung, post: 37250595"]Yup that's great

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iJdaJv2uesDWW.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibrxU10p0UYSxd.jpg[/MG] [IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibhvmtiKBNsN9d.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
This is a lot better than mine

scarybore

Was Gary Neville trying to do a Phoenix Nights/Brian Potter getting punched in the nuts impression or something? One of the most bizarre things I've ever heard in a commentary.

Brian Potter's full name just happens to be Brian Chelsea Potter, dun dun duuuuun!

flyover

Also wierd night for me, Rovers have another nail hammered into our coffin with Bolton winning but at the same time I remember why I love football so much
Unfortunately, you may have to hope that neither Wigan nor QPR get another point (obviously meaning you beat Wigan), considering that you've got Tottenham and Chelsea away as two of your final three matches. Then again, with the way Tottenham have been playing...

Top Bottom