• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

tomorrow we will see this once again.

mxgt

Banned
Man, as soon as Torres got away all my housemates and I were on our feet, went fucking mental.

That was some game of football right there, still buzzing.

Same, and I hate Chelsea (but like Torres)

Haven't been that excited about a match that doesn't involve my team in quite a while, crazy evening.

clemenx

Banned
Just came home from work, going to see the replay on the DVR. I masturbated furiously to my twitter feed in the office when Torres scored.

So good, Chelsea.

You don't think we can beat any of those teams? Really? :lol

I don't think you're going to beat all three.

Meaning getting 9 points.

Spurs and Arsenal should really win the rest of their games, but Spurs have it worse with facing teams who have something to lose and to fight for, whereas Stoke, Norwich and West Brom who Arsenal play, have absolutely nothing to play for, and could quickly frankly put in a few reserve team players just to give them a run out.

offshore

You don't think we can beat any of those teams? Really? :lol

I'm more worried about Wigan than those games :lol

But seriously, we've just got to win those games and hope for an Arsenal implosion. Chelsea are gonna win the damn thing, you just know it :(

Blackhead

Redarse
If Ronaldo loses against Bayern and Messi wins Copa Del Rey then Messi gets it.

If Ronaldo wins the CL and Messi wins Copa Del Rey then Ronaldo gets it.

If Ronaldo loses CL and Messi loses CDR then Ronaldo or Messi will get it.

At this point it is all about the CL.
No it's not all about the CL. la Liga counts and there is still the Euros (which Messi won't be a part of) to consider
So I went to a South London pub. Fuck me the Chelsea fans in that pub were the dumbest fucking twats I've ever met in my life. Every time a Barca player is tackled - 'you fucking Spanish cunts'. Cue Mata and Torres praise. Guardiola comes on - 'you fucking bald cunt'. Cue Di Matteo songs. Highlight of the night has to be Keita trying to give the ball back quickly and someone calling him a Nigerian wanker :lol :lol

So my completely unbiased opinion; Chelsea were better tonight than they were last week, and Barca were much poorer. Messi was completely off his game, Iniesta and Xavi did fuck all and picking Cuenca/Tello ahead of Pedro is a wank move. I don't know what Guardiola is playing at but playing 3-4-3 with inexperienced wingers instead of starting with Alves at right back, Puyol at left back and Pique/Mascherano in the middle was stupid. I think his ego's got the better of him and he's really trying to see if midfielders can play everywhere. It's a shame because he hasn't put a foot wrong in almost 4 years of management but he's fucked up quite a bit this season. Injuries have been a problem yes, but he refused to bolster his squad.

Di Matteo is the luckiest fucking man in the world, but some of those Chelsea players deserved that. Ramires, Ivanovic, Drogba and Cole (despite him fucking up for the first Barca goal; should have picked up Busquets) were immense over two legs. John Terry is just the biggest fucking wanker. Why is he raising his knee? Sanchez did go over soft but Terry's done the most idiotic thing...

however the ref bottled it. He left all the important decisions up to the linesman and the crowd. Red card? Lino decides. Cech yellow card? Crowd decides. Even the penalty (I think Cesc was going over already so there was no contact, but if he had carried on there would have been. A pre-emptive penalty), the ref's waited a good five seconds before looking over at the linesman. There's no fucking way he saw the red card, he let the assistants dictate everything.

Great game though.

Terry was at fault for the first goal by hanging back iirc. The referee is supposed to rely on his assistants for those decisions. He missed the Barca dives but had an alright game besides those. I agree with everything else you said

Arsenal do not have 3 easy games left. None of the 3-6 teams do. Arsenal have lost two out of their last 3, both against relegation strugglers. Many points will be dropped
except by Spurs

There is no way Chelsea will win the CL anyway, not with their suspensions.

I think in terms of 3rd, it'll come down to how Arsenal do against Stoke on Saturday. An away win there will give us a momentum to finish the season on a high. If not, we're at the mercy of how Chelsea and City do against Newcastle.

Lol Vermaelen's goal against Newcastle could've been the 6 point decider for 3rd. Didn't seem to be that at the time.

xintin

Isn't there like 25 days to heal?
Luiz is already back training and hopefully Cahill isnt too hurt. I forgot that Ryan Bertrand has also put in some really good shifts lately as well.

Di Matteo could also pull an Avram Grant and throw Essien at RB if hes desperate. There's no way he (and Romeu) wont play in the Final due to the suspensions so I hope they get some time in the next few weeks.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Don't give a shit what anyone says about the two teams, but shitting upon the umpires is a big fucking no-no in my book. They did a superb job considering the occasion, the stadium, and the atmosphere. Anyone blaming the referees should be castrated, lobotomized, and eventually shot.

IceCold

Real must be so pumped after this. I can't imagine what type of motivational speech Mou is going to give the team before the game. This is it, and Mou knows it.

Lightning

Banned
Somone please cheer me up :(
Why should we? Your sides poor performance have put Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle fans in a pickle. Barca fans can suffer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in terms of 3rd, it'll come down to how Arsenal do against Stoke on Saturday. An away win there will give us a momentum to finish the season on a high. If not, we're at the mercy of how Chelsea and City do against Newcastle.

Lol Vermaelen's goal against Newcastle could've been the 6 point decider for 3rd. Didn't seem to be that at the time.
This weekend will go a long way to deciding the top 3. If we can get a good result against Stoke it will go a very long way to helping us secure 3rd spot. We should be able to beat Norwich at the Emirates, they don't mark the bus, and our attackers should be able to open them up easily enough. They are dangerous on attack though so we need to watch that and hopefully by the time West Brom come round the result wont matter.

We have a superior goal difference on both Newcastle and Spurs and Newcatsles draw just looks too hard. Them winning them all looks inconceivable.

EliCash

Great stuff from Chelsea. Feel pretty bad for Ramires, Meireles and Ivanovic missing the final. They were great. Terry can get fucked though.

Really feel for Barca too, I hate seeing Pep lose. Was gutted when the Torres goal went in despite how happy I was for Chelsea. A game of mixed emotions. What a game though as a neutral.

pulga

Banned
If Ronaldo loses against Bayern and Messi wins Copa Del Rey then Messi gets it.

If Ronaldo wins the CL and Messi wins Copa Del Rey then Ronaldo gets it.

If Ronaldo loses CL and Messi loses CDR then Ronaldo or Messi will get it.

At this point it is all about the CL.

Are you forgetting about La Liga now? CDR won't decide shit.

Kyoufu

I still blame Pardew for that game. We didn't play the best striker in the PL. Such a shame.

Great stuff from Chelsea. Feel pretty bad for Ramires, Meireles and Ivanovic missing the final. They were great. Terry can get fucked though.

Really feel for Barca too, I hate seeing Pep lose. Was gutted when the Torres goal went in despite how happy I was for Chelsea. A game of mixed emotions. What a game though as a neutral.

True words. Fuck man, still pissed at him, how dumb can you be? and then his bullshit excuse in the interview afterwards, fuck off.

-Eddman-

Can't say I'm THAT excited about tomorrow's game, since my international favorite is Man United, but I'll be rooting for

Baaaaaayeeeeeern!

I just can't stand Ronaldo and Mou's combined douchery.

Kyoufu

True words. Fuck man, still pissed at him, how dumb can you be? and then his bullshit excuse in the interview afterwards, fuck off.

And you wonder why I'm so hateful towards Chelsea :(

Chelsea are just unstoppable right now. I pity the team facing them in the final.

feel

Real must be so pumped after this. I can't imagine what type of motivational speech Mou is going to give the team before the game. This is it, and Mou knows it.
On the other hand, Bayern must be really pumped now too. :(

Can't say I'm THAT excited about tomorrow's game, since my international favorite is Man United, but I'll be rooting for

Baaaaaayeeeeeern!

I just can't stand Ronaldo and Mou's combined douchery.
dbcbVa1cDCuwC5.jpg

Lunchbox

Banned
I demand Guardiolas Head!

3 Games in a raw and the same mistakes Over and over and over again.

Barsa Lost every thing because of his ignorance and stupidity.

FUCK YOU GUARDILA.................................

out of his depth coach, lucked out by inheriting rijkaard's team that was built to win

no plan B.

Would get annihilated in premier league week in week out

Chelsea has got a great bench compared to Bayern..

Cech
Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole
Mata - Lampard - Mikel - Sturridge
Torres - Drogba

subs: *Keeper*, Essien, Romeu, Malouda, Kalou

still looks way better than:

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger - Robben, Kroos, Ribery - Gomez

Possible alternatives:
CB:
- van Buyten: 34yo, came back from a long injury less than a week ago or something

Wing backs:
- Rafinha: weak, washed out
- Contento: young player, barely ever playes and even when he did he was merely mediocre

DM:
Tymoshchuk: 33yo Ukranian Kurt Cobain impersonator..too slow, barely any offensive impulses.

------------------------------------if Boateng & Badstuber were to be booked, it would spell the end of Bayern, lol
Torres/Drogba would run laps around van Buyten and Tymoshchuk whom they'd use as a makeshift CB.

For the sake of completeness:

CM:
Pranjic: I can't even remember seeing him on the pitch, ever.

OM:
Usami: a young Japanese talent whom they decided to park on the bench. All in all he barely played 90 in the whole season so far..
Müller: well, you know him, but he was way out of shape & form for the bulk of this season.

Striker:
Petersen: a young talent whom they almost never use..
Olic: 32yo with a lion's heart but not a great finisher any more.

fuenf

Chelsea has got a great bench compared to Bayern..

Cech
Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole
Mata - Lampard - Mikel - Sturridge
Torres - Drogba

subs: *Keeper*, Essien, Romeu, Malouda, Kalou

still looks way better than:

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger - Robben, Kroos, Ribery - Gomez

Possible alternatives:
CB:
- van Buyten: 34yo, came back from a long injury less than a week ago or something

Wing backs:
- Rafinha: weak, washed out
- Contento: young player, barely ever playes and even when he did he was merely mediocre

DM:
Tymoshchuk: 33yo Ukranian Kurt Cobain impersonator..too slow, barely any offensive impulses.

------------------------------------if Boateng & Badstuber were to be booked, it would spell the end of Bayern, lol
Torres/Drogba would run laps around van Buyten and Tymoshchuk whom they'd use as a makeshift CB.

For the sake of completeness:

CM:
Pranjic: I can't even remember seeing him on the pitch, ever.

OM:
Usami: a young Japanese talent whom they decided to park on the bench. All in all he barely played 90 in the whole season so far..
Müller: well, you know him, but he was way out of shape & form for the bulk of this season.

Striker:
Petersen: a young talent whom they almost never use..
Olic: 32yo with a lion's heart but not a great finisher any more.

As long as one out of Alaba / Lahm and two out of Boateng, Badstuber, Gustavo make it to the final Bayern will be fine.

Top Bottom