• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

la_briola

545948_451135171580296_208981219129027_1707831_2078754781_n.jpg

FootballFan

THIS IS GOLD.

Where are all the other Madrid fans that yesterday were mocking bout Barca?

I don't want to mock about ourselves alone!

Those sorta fans exist in every team, its a little fun so don't worry bout it.

Losing on PKs sucks so badluck to you guys, Ramos really did stuff that up though.

Great games in the semis and I think Bayern overall deserved to go through, though deserved doesn't mean anything in football lol.

Hieberrr

Bayerrrrrrrnn yaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Pew pew pew!!!!

I only caught extra time and pks but what poor pm shooting. I'm happy bayern won though :D

Kyoufu

I think it's funny how Gareth Southgate was one of the pundits for ITV at the game. He must have gave Ramos penalty kick advice too.

Antioch

LOL yeah, I was jk, Breno would never play in a final like that. elsk's formation is the ideal one for the final in my opinion. But I'm not sure Jupp would play Contento.

I've never even seen Breno play, and isn't he on trial for arson or something? lol.

I really don't know if Contento would be trustworthy in a final, but Pranjic isn't exactly a safe option either. :/

Sucks for Bayern that their confidence will be down for the CL final after they lost the German cup final :D

Didn't look like their confidence was down in the semis after losing the BuLi title, though. ;)

Actually I found it great how calm the team was after Robben scored the penalty, they were completely focused today... outside of the first 15 minutes at least.

elsk

Banned
Schweinsteiger "During the walk to the penalty area I lost my bollocks, but thank god I found them again"

I've never even seen Breno play, and isn't he on trial for arson or something? lol.

I really don't know if Contento would be trustworthy in a final, but Pranjic isn't exactly a safe option either. :/

He played plenty last season.
Contento is a very capable LB, not Alaba level, but he's very solid.

Fantomex

Haha Mourinho taking merit like always

"If we would of not been fighting for the League we would of won, perhaps we need to do bad in other competitions, but oh well"

It's calmed down a bit now.

Just wanna say Toni Kroos was my MOTM and actually was probably my MOTM in both legs. He is a great player that kid, works so hard for the team and almost always seems to have real quality whenever he gets on the ball.

It's a shame his penalty was so poor. He's German though so he'll get over that no problem.

Wilbur

Banned

"If we would of not been fighting for the League we would of won, perhaps we need to do bad in other competitions, but oh well"

He's got a point. Both Barca and Madrid were much more tired than Chelsea and Bayern who rested their teams.

Not saying they would have won but it's a factor.

He's got a point. Both Barca and Madrid were much more tired than Chelsea and Bayern who rested their teams.

Not saying they would have won but it's a factor.
For sure, 3 games as big as that in one week takes it out of you.

However, you look at Madrid's squad and it is truly amazing...he played the same team in all 3 games more or less, I wonder if he should have rotated a bit.

Wilbur

Banned
For sure, 3 games as big as that in one week takes it out of you.

However, you look at Madrid's squad and it is truly amazing...he played the same team in all 3 games more or less, I wonder if he should have rotated a bit.

I suppose but this is undeniably his best team. If the La Liga match would have been any one else I think Madrid would have gone through tonight. Credit to Bayern, I don't want to sound like I'm taking anything away from them but I've never seen Ronaldo as tired as he was tonight.

Lightning

Banned

He's got a point. Having a Classico inbetween CL matches is stupid. The Spanish federation need to arrange things better next time.

It cost both Barca and Real Madrid.

whats he dancing for?

choking on the penalty or finishing 2nd in a 2 team league?
I haven't been here enough to now what league you prefer, but let me take a guess:
1995–96 Manchester United
1996–97 Manchester United
1997–98 Arsenal
1998–99 Manchester United
1999–2000 Manchester United
2000–01 Manchester United
2001–02 Arsenal
2002–03 Manchester United
2003–04 Arsenal
2004–05 Chelsea
2005–06 Chelsea
2006–07 Manchester United
2007–08 Manchester United
2008–09 Manchester United
2009–10 Chelsea
2010–11 Manchester United

In that timespan 5 different teams have won the Primera Division. I'm not saying that it's not a 2 team league, but other leagues aren't that much better.

Mou only did that to get some goodwill for his next meltdown against Barca. Then he will be able to point back and say "yeah i greeted all the Bayern players, cause they deserved it. Unlike Barca!"

Paracelsus

whats he dancing for?

choking on the penalty or finishing 2nd in a 2 team league?

I'm honestly glad for Mourinho though, now he can [CENSORSHIP] together with his search of a new home in England after his second triplete.

After he's gone you can win seven CL in a row for all I care.

elsk

Banned
Reporter: "Maybe a few words to Beckenbauer who's in our studio, you're delighted for him too, aren't you?"

Robben: "No. I'm curious what he has to say, maybe something about the penalty, but aside from that I don't wanna say that much because I'm not always happy with what he has to say. Sometimes he should consider what he says, I think."

Ouch, haha. Finally someone said something!

Top Bottom