• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Fry

So...

Neuer
Rafinha - Contento - Boateng - Lahm
Schweinsteiger - Tymoschuk
Robben - Kroos - Ribery
Gomez

Cech
Bosingwa - Cahill - Luiz - Cole
Mikel - Essien
Kalou - Lampard - Mata
Drogba

?

Contento as CB? No way, there's a bigger chance of a midfield of Schweine-Kroos, and Boateng-Tymo at the back.

elsk

Banned
So...

Neuer
Robben - Kroos - Ribery
Gomez

Cech
Mikel - Essien
Kalou - Lampard - Mata
Drogba

?

Neuer
Lahm - Tymo - Boateng - Contento
Schweini - Kroos
Robben - Mueller - Ribéry
Gómez

Rafinha is a RM.

Wilbur

Banned
Neuer
Lahm - Tymo - Boateng - Contento
Schweini - Kroos
Robben - Mueller - Ribéry
Gómez

Rafinha is a RM.

He was preset at RB on FIFA haha, that's all I know. Been putting Alaba at LB though. Hopefully this is good enough to beat Chelsea... but I've just got a feeling about them this year.

Elsk (and other Bayern fans), do you still want Jupp out? I remember around Xmas you all wanted him out at the end of the season

What? He was one of the only good Madrid players tonight. Blame Benzema, Kaka or Di Maria if you want to blame someone on the offense. They were all crap.
wat? Benzema was pretty good - wtf?
Di Maria was bad indeed, Kaka was ok for not being a starter, I guess.

I still maintain that Ronaldo wasted too many opportunities (where he should've passed instead) incl. the free kicks.

Sloosha

So...

Neuer
Robben - Kroos - Ribery
Gomez

Cech
Mikel - Essien
Kalou - Lampard - Mata
Drogba

?

Would prefer Mata in the centre tbh. He's been ineffectual out on the left. Maybe Malouda (lol) on the left and Sturridge on the right. No Ramires makes me :(

Wilbur

Banned
Would prefer Mata in the centre tbh. He's been ineffectual out on the left. Maybe Malouda (lol) on the left and Sturridge on the right. No Ramires makes me :(

He won't play centre unless Lampard plays further back, but with Ramires out I can see Essien starting

I don't think Sturridge should be trusted in a CL final right now

Rad-

I still maintain that Ronaldo wasted too many opportunities (where he should've passed instead) incl. the free kicks.

Benzema was useless tonight. Higuain should have entered like 40 minutes earlier than he did.

Socreges

Banned
VYDMk.jpg

just out the oven :p
Original please!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats to Bayern, I thought they were the better team over the two legs (IMO at least)

Going out on penalties is fucking horrible :/

elsk

Banned
Elsk (and other Bayern fans), do you still want Jupp out? I remember around Xmas you all wanted him out at the end of the season

I don't like him as coach, but what are the other options?... nothing better.

I want a new striker, Gómez fucking sucks.

LegoArmo

Every time he passed it, the other players would fuck up the attack.

Noirulus

What? He was one of the only good Madrid players tonight. Blame Benzema, Kaka or Di Maria if you want to blame someone on the offense. They were all crap.

Him, Saint Iker and Ozil were the only ones who showed up tonight. Fuck Benzema, Kaka and Di Maria.

Wilbur

Banned

If AVB took over, would you be opposed to that?

If Higuain moves on this summer, Chelsea or Bayern should go for him

TrueBlue

So Munich in Munich then. Fair enough, they'll be favourites. Rather glad that Mourinho isn't around, he knows us better than anyone. Intriguing stiff.

FootballFan

Looking back, Real should have played B-team against Barca. :/ Easy to say now yes but they were dead tired today. They would have still won the league, even if lost to Barca.

Too late now :lol but I honestly think had the Clasico not been right inbetween these semi's it would be a totally different story.

I am surprisingly quite happy with the outcome of this CL even though we were knocked out :lol.

As predicted many many weeks ago, the quarters were going to be some of the most boring games we have ever seen, and the semis will be some of the best. Great games.

And this is why, my username is FootballFan, I love this sport.

EzaJM.jpg

ICH LIEBE DICH SCHWEINSTEIGER!!

fuenf

come on they reached the fucking final, we should celebrate! everybody on bayerns team / staff is a fucking hero!

Wilbur

Banned
Him, Saint Iker and Ozil were the only ones who showed up tonight. Fuck Benzema, Kaka and Di Maria.

I think Ronaldo was good but he's knackered. Casillas, enough said, incredible. Marcelo was brilliant, Ramos and Pepe had their moments, Arbeloa done a much better job on Ribery than last week. Alonso was fantastic, Khedira was solid. OZIL IS GOD. Di Maria was good for half an hour but ran out of steam very quickly. Benzema was okay; he's a better footballer than Higuain but not as good a goalscorer

Fry

Breno is injured, there is no fit centre-back substitute, so I guess Tymo might play, but that would mean Kroos and Schweinsteiger have to form the midfield with Muller as playmaker.

LOL yeah, I was jk, Breno would never play in a final like that. elsk's formation is the ideal one for the final in my opinion. But I'm not sure Jupp would play Contento.

defel

Benzema looked pretty dangerous to me. Unfortunatly the whole Madrid team were one notch below Bayern in energy and workrate tonight. Hardly surprising given playing Barca at the weekend. Its unlucky for Madrid (and Barca too) but this is what makes a CL trophy so desirable.

Fintan

So...

Neuer
Robben - Kroos - Ribery
Gomez

Cech
Mikel - Essien
Kalou - Lampard - Mata
Drogba

?
I think:
Cech
Bosingwa-Cahill-Luiz-Cole
Mikel-Lampard
Mata
Sturridge-Drogba-Kalou

Zamps might have fired Mutti after todays match... 2 days after Panucci got so mad he terminated his own contract lol. Apparently he wants Mangia to return... A manager he has already fired once this season and Palermo are playing their bitter rivals in a couple of days, a team that Zamparini usually fires managers for losing to. Going to be such a bloody week in the Palermo circus.
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Zamps might have fired Mutti after todays match... 2 days after Panucci got so mad he terminated his own contract lol

Apparently he wants Mangia to return... A manager he has already fired once this season and Palermo are playing their bitter rivals in a couple of days, a team that Zamparini usually fires managers for losing to. Going to be such a bloody week in the Palermo circus.
KuGsj.gif

I want to be a Palermo fan, it sounds incredible

Benzema was useless tonight. Higuain should have entered like 40 minutes earlier than he did.
I thought he was a true team player and shouldered some defensive work. He just didn't get too many chances.

Every time he [CR] passed it, the other players would fuck up the attack.
No, I don't see that.
You almost make me wanna dl the game and do a gif-retrospective...but I'm not going to do that :p

Sucks for Bayern that their confidence will be down for the CL final after they lost the German cup final :D

I still feel like they'll end up without a title..

Rad-

Benzema looked pretty dangerous to me. Unfortunatly the whole Madrid team were one notch below Bayern in energy and workrate tonight. Hardly surprising given playing Barca at the weekend. Its unlucky for Madrid (and Barca too) but this is what makes a CL trophy so desirable.

The thing about Benzema is that his finishing is pretty poor and hence he never really looks dangerous in my eyes. I expect him to fuck most chances, and he does just that. He does score that one crazy finish every now and then though.

Top Bottom