• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Clegg

Sky Bet have Pep at 9/4 to become next Arsenal manager.

I don't think Pep will want to take on a new team do quickly though.

He might be interested in taking the Spanish national job if Del Bosque leaves after Euro 2012.

Choc

Banned
the English media (lulz) seem to think he is interested in the premier league, but he definately wants a break

Possibly 12 months of RDM and then Pep @ chelsea?

Arsenal plus Pep would be fucking AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

Choc

Banned
ahahaha

Former Chelsea manager Ruud Gullit on Twitter: "I like pep as a coach but I want Roberto di Matteo as coach for Chelsea."

Tottenham striker Louis Saha: "Wow, Guardiola on his way out of Barcelona. Is it possible to see him be in line for England manager?"

now now Saha, your boss is getting the England job you know that :p

FootballFan

Gonna take a while for this to sink in but I really just can't believe Pep won't be here coaching the team next season. Sad news man. :(

Messi am cry.

A true legend for Barca :(

Every player in that team has respect and love for the classiest guy in football. They owe a lot to him.

Don't know what Pep will do next after taking a break. :(

Lightning

Banned
If Wenger were to leave Arsenal then Pep would be who I would want to manage Arsenal but clearly he isn't the type of manager to stay long term so it would only be a short benefit before the search began again.

I don't want Wenger to leave though. If he doesn't do what must be done in the upcoming transfer window then I want him to leave...

FootballFan

Barca under Pep:

2008-09
La Liga, Copa del Rey, Champions League

2009-10
La Liga, Club World Cup, Supercopa, Uefa Super Cup

2010-11
La Liga, Champions League, Supercopa

2011-12
Club World Cup, Supercopa, Uefa Super Cup (Copa Del Rey final coming up)

Legend. Even though he is staying until the end of the season, I already miss him. lol

Choc

Banned
Barca under Pep:

2008-09
La Liga, Copa del Rey, Champions League

2009-10
La Liga, Club World Cup, Supercopa, Uefa Super Cup

2010-11
La Liga, Champions League, Supercopa

2011-12
Club World Cup, Supercopa, Uefa Super Cup (Copa Del Rey final coming up)

Legend. Even though he is staying until the end of the season, I already miss him. lol

This is more trophies then wenger in 16 years right?

Manager

ArfI-z-CMAAZI7O.jpg

- Players didn't know Vilanova would be new coach, got the news at the conference with everybody else
- Rosell: Club wanted Pep to stay
- Vilanova didn't participate since he didn't want to overshadow Pep's decision
- Pep: "I won't take up coaching again anytime soon", but will in the future
- Pep: "I did not meet Chelsea in February"
- Main criterias for the new coach was that he had knowledge in Barcelona's concept and rootedness in it.

FootballFan

This is more trophies then wenger in 16 years right?

Even if it is, Wenger doesn't really have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta does he. I respect Wenger, he makes many bad choices but he sticks to his philosophy and is a smart guy. He does indeed need to win trophies again though.. edit. As lightning says though, no need to pick on Wenger.

Man our players will go so hard to try and win the Copa Del Rey for Pep. Will be great to win it for him.

vall03

damn, just saw this on Facebook, Guardiola will really leave Barcelona huh? Good luck to him then, his accomplishments during those four years will not be forgotten.

Fady K

Nooooooooooooooooooo Guardiola noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :'(!!!! He claims he needs rest and energy to be in a position to energize his team...this is heartbreaking but i wish him the best....

GUYS!! I missed you soooooo much. It's been a crazy week of football huh????!?! I don't want to overdo it with the responses, so I'll just answer a few for now :p

I cannot for the life of me believe Chelsea made it to the finals. I still can't even beleive that they made it to the FA Cup final after the season they've had. AVB would wish he has been anywhere near this record.

I expect nothing less from Liverpool nowadays.

Sorry about how your season has been going bro, but with the Carling Cup (and a very good chance at the FA Cup), plus a possible Europa League position this time, it may get better.

Fady <3 What a glorius man.

Yeah I'm a Toon fan. Indeed we are, it's incredible. The whole city has been lifted!

So happy for you guys! It'll be interesting to see Newcastle play in a European league, be it Champions or Europa. I can see it happening - Champions League final 2012-2013, Juventus vs Newcastle.

The whole game was horrible. Even Arsenal, we had a few chances but we were crap. Our midfield was disjointed, our attack ineffective and the only reason we never conceeded was because Chelsea's attack sucked as much as ours.

Poor game and that surprised me given what was at stake for both teams. I mean, when you are bringing on Andre Santos to try and assist in a goal what does that tell you? lol We're completely void of ideas....

You guys were missing Arteta though, it showed. It could have been better, but at the end of the day at least we shared a point :p Your attacks may have been ineffective, but ours were quite horrible I must say, a stark difference to our defensive display. Looking back at the start of the season, you must be a bit satisfied though right? Unlike last season where they started well and ended fourth, this season they started poorly and jumped up all the way to third. The good news for you guys is the remaining fixtures are not too tough, so there's a very good chance your place will not drop to fourth.

Lol, yeah all in your barca gear! You were looking very angry as Iniesta didnt get a call or something. Your face was right there in the shot. I was like "that looks like Fady!" So awesome it might have been you! If you get a recording of the game (I watched on GOL TV) you will see yourself or your look alike!!

Wow, unfortunately that wasn't me, but the crazy thing is - I was sitting quite close to that area!! I'll be putting up some pics soon, and I hope you guys enjoy them!

Only on footie GAF would someone pick out fady from 98,000 people

If only :p On the topic of 98,000 people - my God that was quite an experience, being among such a large group of people! My previous record was being among 2000 max. Insane! How did you feel on your first time there?

Will be like when you realized Santa wasn't real. A none happy and loving version of fady.

WOULD FADY GIVE RAMOS THE FINGER?!

fadyfingertgfdx.jpg

Hey! In the end you were right, would I give Ramos the finger :O Surely I could not ;D I mean if I don't have it in me to give my least favorite team the finger, then Ramos must be spared ;D

How much are tickets for Clasico?

Kyoufu : ]

If you bought them before they get sold out, the maximum price would be 250-270 Euros.

As a Juve and Madrid fan since I was a small boy, it's been specially glorious. Worn both kits back to back over the weekend. Feels good mang.

God, yes. All I've ever been to is a Getafe - RMadrid. Bucket list is half complete.

Hahah I thought of my trip as ticking one thing out of my bucket list as well. It's good to be a fan of two wonderful teams isn't it? Gives your more football to watch! I once wore a Chelsea shirt with my Barca shorts lol!

On the official site they range from €80 - €250, if you spotted fady im pretty sure he dropped big money on seats. ENVY.

Edit: black market goes all the way to €1000 yes €1000

Unfortunately Messi I did have to pay far too much. If only I paid to see Barca bring that deficit down to a point :'(, then the money I paid would not have stuck in my mind much.

lol Gimme the fady gif naw.

I'll have to figure out how to make a gif of myself at some point, one that can be used in GAF for days to come :p

Guys lets be real, do we really want to see an angry Fady? Maybe the illusion will be broken if we see him enraged.

Chilled Food for thought

In the end your image will remain the same, as the photo I will post soon has nothing but happiness ;D

lol, well I am probably wrong. fady will come along and put me right. Anyways if it was you fady, you made the big screen 8)

It would have been an honor, but there were faaaaaaaaaar too many people in there.

Fady was at the game?? :(

Bad luck Fady, you just had to be the one that goes to watch Barca when they play below average and lose. :(

It was definitely hard to see, FootballFan. After not losing a game on their own ground in 54 games, it sucked that their first loss since came when I was there for possibly the only time in a long time :[ I was also quite disappointed with their performance, it was very unlike them :[

Back to Uni today, sat razzing a cup of tea whilst I'm waiting for my train. Got a 20 minute wait at Manchester. It's also my birthday, although now I'm 20 it's not really a big deal.

Happy belated bday to you Arnie :) Any awesome gifts? I'm guessing you're one of the youngest footygaffers?

Barca winning 2-0 in minute 80 and Torres scores the master trolling goal.

LOL. Can't believe how close you got with your prediction. You even predicted Ronaldo would miss the penalty :/

I hope for a fun night

If I played for Chelsea I would injure my groin weekly to get seen by that physio lady

I wonder if Eva has any idea how popular she is all over haha!

John Terry has let his club down there. Not to mention the fans. He's let Fady down.

I don't know what he was thinking bro. I usually defend Terry much of the time, but that was ridiculous by all means. He is really LUCKY his team had the best game of their lives possibly, because he sure as hell made it much, MUCH harder! He let many of us down. After all the stuff he went through, you'd think he would learn for ONCE. Even if Sanchez made the most of it, that was the stupidest thing a Chelsea player did in ages. Great timing too Terry!

Bring on Torres. We might as well go down in style.

LOL. Who would have thought that Torres will bring the game down in style?

Terry is such a classless prick. Your team is in the semi-final of the Champions League against Barcelona and a goal down, yet he does that. Fucking idiot.

Exactly my thoughts. No complaints here from one of his biggest supporters on FootyGAF.

Game is set up for some Torres magic. LOL.

Haha, again, can't believe how these Torres posts came true :p hahahahah. Best Chelsea performance I have ever seen I think.

Terry, what in the fucking hell were you doing?

What a joke, he's supposed to be our captain and leader and he does that. After everything we did in the first leg to go through and he's chucked it away.

Gutted Cahill is off as well.

We can do this though, we just need a LOT of luck.

Can't believe it either. WHAT A LETDOWN!

FADY ARE YOU OKAY

POST IF YOU ARE OKAY

I honestly was too much in shock that day to post a thing!! By the way Regulus, what games have you been playing?

Well played Chelsea. Well played. I'm happy for El Niño and Fady!

Thank you dc :) Couldn't be happier for Torres. To score the goal that prevents any last minute scares from making a difference. Still, it was such a weird experience as I am a fan of both teams; I did feel sorry for my brother who was as tense as possible especially after the red card and the Iniesta goal (he's a Chelsea fan).

Congrats to Fady, Xintin, Kyle, Moobabe and other Chelsea fans for making the final.

Thank you very much Slizz :) I will be among the first to congratulate you should you win the 20th title.

I don't see how this Chelsea side will win the final against either Madrid or Bayern with Terry, Cahill(most likely) and a couple others missing.

Good luck and good games. We really should have put away our chances.

As I am a Barca fan as well, I agree with you - the team had many chances and should have put them away. They create very much, but they need to be more clinical. Ironically, this is also one of Chelsea's biggest problems in general this season - great buildup, poor finishing. I wonder how they will do without Guaradiola...

Wnt 2 cry

I'm sorry Messi :'( I can't imagine how hard this week must be for you especially as you are a full-on Barca fan. How are you taking Guradiola's departure?? I feel depressed about it, even though I respect his reason for leaving. It also gives me hope that he may return.

Other than keit4, most comments seem normal to me. Chelsea won and Barca weren't sore losers, players stayed on the pitch, fans kept singing right after Torres scored, Chelsea defended well, no controversy, don't see what the problem is.

I was very impressed by the Barca fans at the end of the day. They make me proud :p I truly respect how they clapped for Torres after he scored. Or was it clapping for everyone in general? Regardless, it was beautiful to see from the fans.

Vincent Kompany on Twitter.

I always loved Vincent Kompany. I hope we'll have big words for him by the end of the season!!

Trine 2 is fucking brilliant btw

PS+ Users will get it for free next month (EU users got it already). I look forward to it! The first one was great!! Good music, great graphics, and very nice gameplay :) Thank God for the digital distribution system that enables us to play many games that would have never existed if we only had physical games.

Somone please cheer me up :(

How are you feeling now bro??

What the hell did I just witness?!

Chelsea will lose in both finals anyway, muahahahaha

Wonder how fady feels....

It feels crazily strange as I love both teams bro. However I am overwhelmed that Chelsea won in the craziest of circumstances. If only they play half this good in the league!

This is very sad to see :[ Even with Chelsea winning, seeing Messi like this sucked.

I think that's Fady...

Chelsea have Fady. Automatically the best ones.

You rock Letters, you simply rock <3 I look forward to your team winning the league : ]

Choc

Banned
woah woah

i rate Wenger for what he did back in the day. Arsenal was sublime. Its not his fault the stupid club won't give him the proper transfer funds and deals

Lightning

Banned
Because he's been around for a long time and the only other manager around that long has more than 16.
Give Wenger Messi, Inestia, Xavi and transfer funds that can bring in Villa, Sanchez, Fabregas etc... And I'm pretty sure Wenger will replicate such success but our funds are limited due to moving to the Emirates and what Wenger has achieved with the resources he has had is remarkable in its own right. Wenger deserves more respect then stupid comparisons like that one.

Give Wenger Messi, Inestia, Xavi and transfer funds that can bring in Villa, Sanchez, Fabregas etc... And I'm pretty sure Wenger will replicate such success but our funds are limited due to moving to the Emirates and what Wenger has achieved with the resources he has had is remarkable in its own right. Wenger deserves more respect then stupid comparisons like that one.

I agree it was an unfair comparison. Just guessing as to the reasoning. Don't yell at me!

FootballFan

i will miss guardiola's awesome dress sense the most. he always looked cool as fuck on the sidelines.

I think his wife dresses him, she works or owns a clothing store. (this is just off the top of my head, I have no idea if it is accurate).

Hey Fady! It really sucks to see Pep go, but I have huge respect for him. He could easily have asked to earn twice as much while still coaching, but he didn't feel it was right to continue because he lacked motivation and it just didn't feel the same. Really respectable guy and I wish him all the best. Again, so sad to see him leave. I hope he comes back, as unlikely as that may be.

Hug me Barca-GAF or any-GAF. :(

Kyoufu

Pep is definitely the hottest manager I've seen. I question my sexuality when I see him.

72% wins over 4 years of the highest level of football. True legend.

Aquilani definitely going back to Liverpool according to his father. He doesn't think Milan will sign him outright. Our £10m bid doesn't look so bad now, does it? Sorry Alberto....

The end of an era, no doubt. Question is how will this impact the team? Surely everyone is holding their breath in that regard. I hope it doesn't break up the team

Choc

Banned
the point i was trying to make is that even as a quality manager its hard to win 13 trophies in a long period of time, let alone 4 fucking years!.

Feorax

Aquilani definitely going back to Liverpool according to his father. He doesn't think Milan will sign him outright. Our £10m bid doesn't look so bad now, does it? Sorry Alberto....

I have no idea what we're going to do about him and Joe Cole when they both turn up at Melwood again in the summer. They really are the unsellables.

FootballFan

The end of an era, no doubt. Question is how will this impact the team? Surely everyone is holding their breath in that regard. I hope it doesn't break up the team

I dont think it will break up the team, but we will be much more reliant on Messi instead of teamwork, kinda like this season, when Messi wasn't getting Barca the goals, it was rare that someone else would.

Hope Tito succeeds though, he has been Peps assistant for 5 seasons now. So he would have learned a lot from him. Excited/scared for next season. Thankfully theres still heaps of football before that moment.

So long Pep.

Interesting choice of replacement, know very little about him but I hope he does well. Hell of a job he's taking on. He'll need to have his own character and ideas.

Rumours today United are in talks with Kagawa. I know Bild is more often than not bullshit, but OMG PLZ BE TRUE!

Top Bottom