• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Zabojnik

I have no idea what we're going to do about him and Joe Cole when they both turn up at Melwood again in the summer. They really are the unsellables.

mrtt2.png
"I will take him off your hands. I can go as high as, say, 3mil€."

Choc

Banned
Messi could very well have a Guardiola leaving clause in his contract that reduces the buyout price or even eliminates it

Only saw the Catalan players at the presser. And Pedro.

Messi could very well have a Guardiola leaving clause in his contract that reduces the buyout price or even eliminates it
Why?

Messi has been at Barcelona for years. He's said time and time again he never wants to leave the club. He's bound to Barca by much much much more than just Pep. Where would he go anyway? Barcelona still have by far and away the world's best players.

FootballFan

There would be a civil war in Spain if this happened.

Figo wishes he had this sort of impact.

I would honestly have no idea what I would do or how I would react. Ronaldo and him would just play games on who can score the most hattricks and who can score the better goal.. End of season stats would be something like 65 goals 30 assists for Messi and 70 goals 20 assists for Ronaldo lol. It would be incredible to see those 2 try and play together.

I would not be able to handle Messi leaving to Madrid. It would be like SAF replacing Mancini as Man Citys manager. Cant really even imagine Messi in Madrid shirt. Dont put these thoughts in my head again gaf.

Tri-gods Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are retiring at FC Barcelona.

edit
Only saw the Catalan players at the presser. And Pedro.

Iniesta was there too.

Kozak

Banned
He also "fired" Lucio, van Bommel, Luca Toni. Fucked everything when he was against Neuer coming to Bayern and tried to use a youth GK as the "solution".

I do think he gave a lot to the team, and we wouldn't have the team we have right now if it wasn't for him. But the dude is a fucking asshole.

And who the fuck are you anyway? haha

I'm the guy who pops in at random times to provide doses of reality :p

Salazar

Recommend this book, incidentally. I grabbed it knowing merely that Hughes is a clever bastard and read it on holiday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0679743839/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Barcelona is Robert Hughes's monumentally informed and irresistibly opinionated guide to the most un-Spanish city in Spain. Hughes scrolls through Barcelona's often violent history; tells the stories of its kings, poets, magnates, and revolutionaries; and ushers readers through municipal landmarks that range from Antoni Gaudi's sublimely surreal cathedral to a postmodern restaurant with a glass-walled urinal. The result is a work filled with the attributes of Barcelona itself: proportion, humor, and seny -- the Catalan word for triumphant common sense.

ShogunX

Use them?

Aquilani > Henderson/Adam/Spearing

Cole > Maxi

The first one is true although Spearing and Aquilani cant be compared because they are two different players. Seems to be the same shit for a while now - Aquilani comes back - Impresses in pre season - goes on loan. Derp.

Joe Cole better than Maxi? Maybe if you have little football knowledge or are currently sniffing glue.

WJD

The first one is true although Spearing and Aquilani cant be compared because they are two different players. Seems to be the same shit for a while now - Aquilani comes back - Impresses in pre season - goes on loan. Derp.

Joe Cole better than Maxi? Maybe if you have little football knowledge or are currently sniffing glue.

To be fair, he's been decent in France and Maxi has had about 2 minutes of football all season.

Damn you Reds, leave Kagawa alone!

-------
Just heard the news. Let's see to which extent Barca's success was due to Pep's work.
(although this team will obviously remain his creation..)

Lightning

Banned
Not cool dude. Not cool.
Maybe not but Pep played a great hand in convincing Fabregas to leave us. Barcelona treated us like shit throughout that entire saga. Why should I pity them?

They even had the cheek to come out and say after they got him on the cheap that he was worth everything we were asking.

FootballFan

It really hasn't been a great 10 or so days for Barcelona. This is so great.

Yeah but what can you do. There's good times and bad times, then there's these times, which are just shit. I have experienced the ups and downs for this club and that is what is awesome in football. There are shit times but like 50 cent says. "Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain. Joy wouldnt feel so good, if it wasn't for pain" - Lol can't believe I just quoted 50 cent. Guardiola leaving has gotten to my head I guess.

Losing La Liga, Losing El Clasico at home, being eliminated from the CL and then getting our most awesome and coolest coach telling us he is leaving. It sucks. But things will surely improve, some clubs wish they were even in the CL let alone be eliminated in the Semis, so I take those things into consideration during these moments.

Maybe not but Pep played a great hand in convincing Fabregas to leave us. Barcelona treated us like shit throughout that entire saga. Why should I pity them?

They even had the cheek to come out and say after they got him on the cheap that he was worth everything we were asking.

I ain't even mad about that, it was clear from the beginning he was always going to go back to his home. Anyway, he still has massive love and respect for us, and who knows, he may even come back one day.

Kyoufu

It's just Fabregas lol.

Lightning

Banned
I ain't even mad about that, it was clear from the beginning he was always going to go back to his home. Anyway, he still has massive love and respect for us, and who knows, he may even come back one day.
I have no problem with him going back but it was how Barcelona disrespected us throughout the entire affair that upset me.

It's just Fabregas lol.
Yeah, only my favourite player in the sport.

I don't mean to rub crap into barca gaf. But Barcelona as a club have annoyed me.

fuenf

he probably won't wear it next season

Seems rather strange that he suddenly reconsiders extending his contract. I mean if he wants to leave they should let him go but it's rather unfortunate that we missed out on Reus to replace him :(. But i guess he'll extend his contract, Bayerns the perfect club for him and i dont think Chelsea, Manu, Real, Barca would offer him a contract. A transfer to a club like Juve (no disrespect) would be a big step down for a player like him.

Blablurn

Seems rather strange that he suddenly reconsiders extending his contract. I mean if he wants to leave they should let him go but it's rather unfortunate that we missed out on Reus to replace him :(.

it seems like the ribery punch made and the huge critisicm of the last weeks made him reconsider that. he should stop being a pussy in that case.

Wilbur

Banned
I wonder if Barça hating-gaf will now turn their heads to other teams.
Tito is a good choice imo

He will be our kratos and claim revenge for mou's finger incident buahahaha

I don't dislike Barca because of Guardiola; in fact he was one of the only few that redeemed them a little bit in my eyes. Great manager, greater man and Tito has a lot of work to do. I honestly wish him well.

It's not because they win everything (although I will admit to not wanting to see them win everything), but some of their players are just deplorable. Even Xavi and Messi fuck me off at times you know? But yeah, Pep. He's brilliant.

To be honest: Better for Bayern. Shakira needs time to play and Müller needs the place he plays best, right wing. We all know that without Kroos playing the 10, Bayern would crumble creatively.

Meier

The Pep news is suprising but not unexpected. It'll be interesting to see how successful he can be elsewhere while not fielding a worldwide Best XI more or less.

Blablurn

DerZuhälter;37343772 said:
To be honest: Better for Bayern. Shakira needs time to play and Müller needs the place he plays best, right wing. We all know that without Kroos playing the 10, Bayern would crumble creatively.

i wouldnt mind some more play time for shakira, but on the other hand it would be great if he stays and we have some more variety in the midfield. especially for those long seasons.

Choc

Banned
interesting

Richard Conway BBC ‏ @richard_conway Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Goal line technology to be tested in UK on May 16th in the Hampshire FA Senior Cup Final between Eastleigh FC and AFC Totton.
Retweeted by Phil McNulty

Top Bottom