• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Kyoufu

OCx3a.gif

I hope he doesn't start.

Worried about the Evans fitness thing, too.

Who is she and why are Koreans so pretty?!

pappe

I can see him waiting and resting until SAF retires to take his spot. Don't know how United fans would feel about that though.

I wouldnt mind that at all. He is a classy guy and certainly knows what he is doing, but will he be able to change the style of our play. Barca's team plays that way coz they are nurtured and taught to play like that since a very young age. Thats probably the only way theu know how to play. Uniteds set up is not as such. We play a more counter attacking way. Can he do it? Mou certainly can. He has proven it. Pep probably can but he hasnt had the need to do it yet.

Zabojnik

I think the fact he's trying to change their whole playing style is like what AVB did. Give him time, he'll be better.

He is and I appreciate that. I hope Roma sticks with him, but the fans aren't likely to tolerate losing with a three, four goal difference for much longer. He simply doesn't have the players he needs yet and should have compromised. But he absolutely refuses to and it will cost him the job, I'm afraid.

FootballFan

I wouldnt mind that at all. He is a classy guy and certainly knows what he is doing, but will he be able to change the style of our play. Barca's team plays that way coz they are nurtured and taught to play like that since a very young age. Thats probably the only way theu know how to play. Uniteds set up is not as such. We play a more counter attacking way. Can he do it? Mou certainly can. He has proven it. Pep probably can but he hasnt had the need to do it yet.

I think after seeing nearly every team for about 4 years trying to play counter-attack against his team, he would have surely learned a thing or two about how it works.

It would definitely be interesting to see how he would adapt, but I am confident he would succeed at teams other than Barcelona.

edit
Reports that Puyol and Xavi (most experienced in the squad, have even played with Pep :lol) will be at the press conference next to him.

I don't mind Pep taking a break from football. He looks like he needs it. His deserved it. I'm not worried as to who will take over from him. The players will surely be more motivated than ever to try and win everything after a dissapointing season this year.

Razor554

ArerjadCAAAvsQL.jpg

You will be missed. From ballboy to captain of the Dream Team and from there to manager of Dream Team II.

Will be one hell of a copa del rey final to everyone involved.

Slizz

Pretty crazy, would have never imagined Pep gone at the end of this season...

He'll come back, it's impossible to just cut out such a huge part of your life with a drop of a hat. It'll be interesting to see what follows though, who replaces him and when he comes back where he goes.

Respect though.

Choc

Banned
calling it now

Guardiola to be on the cover of FIFA 13 at least in Spain

He deserves the honor.

and if he isnt, he fucking should be.

edit: are they saying anything about who they are looking at for replacement?

FootballFan

can someone post a gist of guardiolas reasoning and comments in english?

"I want you to understand this wasn't a simple decision. but I'll try to explain what I feel and I hope that people understand. I'm deeply sorry for the confusion over the last few weeks.

"I've always wanted short contracts because the demand at Barca is so big. I lived that as a player, and I know exactly how it works. I always thought that four years is an eternity for a club. I didn't want to have a contract that will bind me to decisions I didn't want.”

"In autumn I announced to the press and director of football, I announced it was the end of my era at Barca, but I couldn't say that to the players because it would have been too complex then. Now that we're out of the two main competitions, it's a good time to announce."

"After four years gets everyone tired. September/October was when I told the chairman that my era is finishing.

“The new coach will be able to give things I'm not able to any more."

“Talking to you and players for 4 years is very demanding."

"I want to thank my players, who have been responsible for everything I have had here - it's been a privilege to train them. I did it all with a lot of passion,, but I want to thank the players.

"Day by day, for so many years, they made it all possible."

Goal.coms translation.

Manager

Someone translating said he got the impression that Pep won't manage any club the upcoming season. Who knows if he returns in the spring if there's opportunity.

Keio

For a Finer World
Vilanova is the new coach, yeah. No love lost between him and Mourinho I guess.

He's a great pick, keeping the legacy alive. But I'll miss Pep's dedication, style, humility and character.

Top Bottom