• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wilbur

Banned
Is Tito not ill anymore then?

Calling Pep to take a year or two out and then take over Arsenal or United, if he can stay long then great, and then eventually go back to Barcelona older and wiser.

Scum

Football Manager is an absolute troll of a game at times and make now mistake! D:

Me: Oh no! I'm conceding to many. I'll try to fix that with some Defensive Positioning training and decent CBs..."
...Yay! We're not a leaky sieve anymore."

FM: "We'll soon see about that! What month is it again? End of Jan, huh?! Awesome! Have some injuries to your improved backline!"

Me:
ojfchvjpg.gif

FM:
FFMmr.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea are putting all their eggs in one basket with the CL. I think they're going to win it. Please nooooooo

It would be nice if Mourinho visited Pep wouldn't it? Apologised for all the shit he's said and everything, just said it was because he wanted to win and it's nothing personal. Shame they used to be friends.

sneaky77

I think Low would be an interesting coach for Barcelona. I see Tito is going to be the coach which means the style will be the similar. I wonder how much patience Rosell is going to have with Villanova next season if a couple of losses occur, you gotta imagine that Guardiola made some kind of deal to get them to give tito a chance.

Fady K

It was so bad, weird and cheesy. Kind of loved it haha, shame the game itself looks like shit.

They're screwing around with the franchise too much right now. Nothing will ever beat the ending of Snake Eater. Possibly the most emotional scene in a videogame for me.

You're a good lad you.

Has Fady posted since the Chelsea Barca second leg?

I was too shocked honestly. Could not believe it. Chelsea after AVB has been so different it's unreal. They did show shades of their AVB-era when playing some games in the Premier League though!

That's quality :lol

i6hW6vaguJudi.gif

What a beautiful gif. After that shaky start with the club, there is no chance Mata would have imagined being in 2 finals in the same month. I pray they can win one of them, if not both.

and who says Europa league is bad?!

Ever since this season, I have highly admired the EL. Definitely not a league to miss from now on!! The final will be epic.

I have so much love for Europa now.

because we'll be in it next season lololol

Have faith Kyoufu, Cisse will deliver.

Last time I actually saw him and spoke to him he was cool.

----

You guys seen a certain Smash Bros' clone?!

Still think it's awesome that you met your favorite team's manager in person!! I am looking at previews of "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale" - looks pretty cool! I'm surprised it's taken them this long to make a game like this to be honest. I'm skeptical of the devs though, it's their debut game...

I'm projecting Fady's post on the building across the road and still the whole post doesn't show :p

HAHA. One thing my posts and buildings probably have in common is that most people will barely give them a glance as they walk through the streets of footygaf :'( They are usually too long :'(

Pep leaves, Fady comes back. It's only fair.

I'll probably pop in more often, you guys are too awesome and fun to have a chat with <3

Hey Fady! It really sucks to see Pep go, but I have huge respect for him. He could easily have asked to earn twice as much while still coaching, but he didn't feel it was right to continue because he lacked motivation and it just didn't feel the same. Really respectable guy and I wish him all the best. Again, so sad to see him leave. I hope he comes back, as unlikely as that may be.

Hug me Barca-GAF or any-GAF. :(

tumblr_l6ysxdF5eQ1qbq00l.gif

*Hugs back* Bro, I feel your pain. It has been the toughest week for Barca in many years, no doubt. It's incredibly saddening, even if understandable, to see Pep go at this stage, where it would have been far nicer to see him fight back. But Tito will do well hopefully. He knows the team and Pep well. I don't think it's unlikely for him to come back actually, he just needs some rest and hopefully that's all. Let us hope for a great season ahead, as hard as it may be.

I love you and the lady you introduced most of us to.

I didn't see Messi at the press conference. I can only assume he was busy negotiating his transfer to Real Madrid.

Messi actually posted this on his facebook during the conference, can anyone help with its 'translation:

"Quiero agradecer de todo corazón a Pep lo mucho que me ha dado a mi carrera profesional y personal. Debido a esta emotividad que siento, preferí no estar presente en la rueda de prensa de Pep, lejos de la prensa, sobre todo porque sé que ellos buscarán los rostros de pena de los jugadores y esto es algo que he decidido no demostrar."

Tito is the caretaker manager until Fady comes back to Barcelona and takes over as manager.

Believe.

I am currently helping Di Matteo at Chelsea to make sure he does not repeat any of AVB's errors :p I am set to meet Rosell this summer, let us see how that goes.

Yeah but what can you do. There's good times and bad times, then there's these times, which are just shit. I have experienced the ups and downs for this club and that is what is awesome in football. There are shit times but like 50 cent says. "Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it wasn't for rain. Joy wouldnt feel so good, if it wasn't for pain" - Lol can't believe I just quoted 50 cent. Guardiola leaving has gotten to my head I guess.

Losing La Liga, Losing El Clasico at home, being eliminated from the CL and then getting our most awesome and coolest coach telling us he is leaving. It sucks. But things will surely improve, some clubs wish they were even in the CL let alone be eliminated in the Semis, so I take those things into consideration during these moments.

I agree with you here as well, and like I said above, this has been the worst week in ages for the club. Let us see how they will bounce back from all this. It would be nice if they add a 14th trophy before pep leaves.

fuenf

I think Low would be an interesting coach for Barcelona. I see Tito is going to be the coach which means the style will be the similar. I wonder how much patience Rosell is going to have with Villanova next season if a couple of losses occur, you gotta imagine that Guardiola made some kind of deal to get them to give tito a chance.

Löw wont leave Germany before 2014 anyway, he would be stupid to pass up the chance to win a World Cup. Germany is only getting better and might reach their peak right around the 2014 World Cup.

Fady K

Chelsea are putting all their eggs in one basket with the CL. I think they're going to win it. Please nooooooo

It would be nice if Mourinho visited Pep wouldn't it? Apologised for all the shit he's said and everything, just said it was because he wanted to win and it's nothing personal. Shame they used to be friends.

Wilbury, you suck! Why are you so hopeful of Chelsea's loss in the final? It doesn't look like they'll win it anyway, going against freakin Bayern at the Allianz without 3 of their best players, let alone their best defender. You remind me of myself when I hated United :p

Fady K

Guys, for those of you who play adventure games, I hear this Botanicula is goooood (from the makers of Machinarium), and there's this indie horror game that is supposed to be sweeeeeet called Lone Survivor (paging Woodenlung, have you heard of this?)

Carbonox

Apparently both Rodallega and Di Santo will be out of the game tomorrow for Wigan.

Seriously, I am not worried one bit. We'll spank them.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbury, you suck! Why are you so hopeful of Chelsea's loss in the final? It doesn't look like they'll win it anyway, going against freakin Bayern at the Allianz without 3 of their best players, let alone their best defender. You remind me of myself when I hated United :p

Haha it's not Chelsea per se, it's more my best mate who will never fucking shut up. But it's the same as wanting to see Liverpool or City lose to them, just rivals that I don't really like. Nothing personal.

I think you have a good chance of beating Bayern though, Badstuber in particular will be a big miss

Guys, for those of you who play adventure games, I hear this Botanicula is goooood (from the makers of Machinarium), and there's this indie horror game that is supposed to be sweeeeeet called Lone Survivor (paging Woodenlung, have you heard of this?)

I am watching a quicklook of lone survivor just as I read this, looks pretty cool and will probably play over the summer time. Botanicula didn't look like anything for me at all though.

They're screwing around with the franchise too much right now. Nothing will ever beat the ending of Snake Eater. Possibly the most emotional scene in a videogame for me.

Most beautiful thing I've ever seen out of a video game.

If it is from the Machinarium guys I bet it's great. I love Machinarium.

Also, I find Chelsea's 3rd kit incredibly sexy. Especially on Drogba.

Fady K

Haha it's not Chelsea per se, it's more my best mate who will never fucking shut up. But it's the same as wanting to see Liverpool or City lose to them, just rivals that I don't really like. Nothing personal.

I think you have a good chance of beating Bayern though, Badstuber in particular will be a big miss

Haha I see. Tell your friend to shut up for the sake of the team :p It's understandable though. I'm probably the same. If Man United reached a final against a team I don't root for, and I actually would be happy if United win it, only then I will know for sure if I've changed as much as I wanted to :p

True about Badstuber (as well as Alaba!) but at the same time Ivanovic and Terry are horrible misses...and Ramirez adds so much pace to the team, so it'll be very difficult without him...

sneaky77

Rumors from Madrid press, Mourinho wants 7 new players for next season, including a goalie to compete with Casillas, and he wants to get rid of 6 players. He also wants more power in exchange for him staying

Wilbur

Banned
Haha I see. Tell your friend to shut up for the sake of the team :p It's understandable though. I'm probably the same. If Man United reached a final against a team I don't root for, and I actually would be happy if United win it, only then I will know for sure if I've changed as much as I wanted to :p

True about Badstuber (as well as Alaba!) but at the same time Ivanovic and Terry are horrible misses...and Ramirez adds so much pace to the team, so it'll be very difficult without him...

Ramires is the big miss I think. At least with Bosingwa and Cahill/Luiz you have like for like replacements; there's no one in the team that can play the role Ramires does. Meireles could give it a go I suppose but he's out too!!

Rumors from Madrid press, Mourinho wants 7 new players for next season, including a goalie to compete with Casillas, and he wants to get rid of 6 players. He also wants more power in exchange for him staying

They should get a better back up goalie but compete makes it sound like they want someone that could potentially usurp him! No way haha, Casillas could have 10 years left. They need a right back and a centre back for sure, and if they play Sahin more they shouldn't need someone that much in midfield.

I'll say Lass, Kaka, Carvalho are out for sure.

MY SHIRTS CAME YAYYYYY

They should get a better back up goalie but compete makes it sound like they want someone that could potentially usurp him! No way haha, Casillas could have 10 years left.

They have offered a contract to Tim Wiese. Question is if he is willing to ride the bench cause yeah, he wont beat off Casillas unless he gets some long ass injury.

Moobabe

They're both excellent.

sneaky77

They have offered a contract to Tim Wiese. Question is if he is willing to ride the bench cause yeah, he wont beat off Casillas unless he gets some long ass injury.

Mou has never liked Casillas much from what all the press has said, so I am not surprised he wants to get rid of him

Meier

Football Manager is an absolute troll of a game at times and make now mistake! D:

Me: Oh no! I'm conceding to many. I'll try to fix that with some Defensive Positioning training and decent CBs..."
...Yay! We're not a leaky sieve anymore."

FM: "We'll soon see about that! What month is it again? End of Jan, huh?! Awesome! Have some injuries to your improved backline!"

Me:
ojfchvjpg.gif

FM:
FFMmr.gif

I always buy young and raise them up personally as I suppose I'm able to have a little more freedom in Portugal. I never get a transfer fee that's quite as high as I'd like but I do have 6 or 7 starters worth over $30 million now. Spent $32 million on an 18-year old center back from England who I'm paying far too much for but it did enable me to sell an older player for $37 million/50% future sale.

I'm in 2020 now and Vaclav Kadlec is still absolutely dominating the competition. I'll usually sell off a player once they want anywhere near 6 figures for their weekly deal, but I was able to sign him on to another 5 year $100k per week contract so I couldn't bare to part with him.

He's been with me for about 6+ years now and has over 150 league goals and probably about 250 or so total. Still scoring goals left and right so I've had to move to a 4-3-3 because my homegrown 4* Striker who I've been loaning out for years turned down another loan to Real Madrid (he's played at Barca and Real the two previous years.. I was set to get $7.5 million for his services this season!).

Rumours today United are in talks with Kagawa. I know Bild is more often than not bullshit, but OMG PLZ BE TRUE!

I want to believe but isn't Bild the German equivalent of the Daily Mail or The Sun like you suggest? I bet his agent is just using United in the press to negotiate a bumper contract. It'd be a (super-)value signing, though. And it would mean the return of the 4-5-1 in Europe. <3

The genesis of another Sneijder/Robben/VDV career resurrection? Sahin would be a wet dream.

Wilbur

Banned
Post some thoughts on quality and pics man. I'm bout ready to pull the trigger on 2 kits from Triads.

Both really good quality, better than I was expecting. I genuinely couldn't tell the difference from the real ones really. Came with Nike and Adidas tags and everything haha. Will post pictures a bit later but yeah I'd definitely go for it, I'll be using them again next season

Slizz

Both really good quality, better than I was expecting. I genuinely couldn't tell the difference from the real ones really. Came with Nike and Adidas tags and everything haha. Will post pictures a bit later but yeah I'd definitely go for it, I'll be using them again next season

Nice, feeling like a Neymar and an Orange Dutch kit coming my way now.

Top Bottom