• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wilbur

Banned
OMG, That Dutch kit is so much sex. I may need to grab that one once the others arrive. I'm definitely glad on the German pickup as well :)

MESSI! GET THE FIRST ONE!

Yeah they're both awesome. I wish I'd got Ozil on the German one though :( and Kermit's already called me tubby haha

Also Messi, first one for sure

Yen

Guys, what is going on with my download on XBL? I was dl'ing Undead Nightmare and I got some message along the lines of "can't be downloaded" so it says it's pending? What is going on?

elsk

Banned
zoom-13900-fc-bayern-Away-Trikot-Techfit-Limited-Edition.png

he probably won't wear it next season

That is not orange, btw, is "neon red". Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnSBCiIql1A
edit: much better than the current away kit. That shit is horrible.

Heavy rumours that Coates will go on loan next season. If this happens, I'll be extremely disappointed. Scratch that actually, I'm already extremely disappointed in the way we've used him this season. If we send him on loan next season, a season where we could potentilly have 65 or so games to play, I'll be fucking livid. At least it'd stop people from absolving Kenny of all the blame for out diabolical transfer dealing in the last 15 months though, I suppose.

rodvik

"According to Forbes, Ashley's personal wealth has increased an incredible 500m this year to around 1.8 billion.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/27/ashley-wants-nufc-to-push-for-champion-league-72703-30851654/#ixzz1tEj2YtVQ"

Holy shit. :lol

There is absolutely zero need in selling any of our top players in the summer. Absolutely no need whatsoever.

Its not about need. Its about keeping score.

Get down to the Sports Direct Arena mate, enjoy that team for a few more games..... 8)

Bayern is supposedly interested in David Hoilett.
who is he? is he good?

As a Rovers fan I'm as qualified as anyone on him, very very good attacking player but can be lax in his defensive duties, was a hit at St Pauli a few years ago.

Messi are you a Disney / pixar fan? I'm a huge fanboy!

Also what happens tomorrow if Southampton draw one all and west ham win 3-0?

Wilbur

Banned
As a Rovers fan I'm as qualified as anyone on him, very very good attacking player but can be lax in his defensive duties, was a hit at St Pauli a few years ago.

Messi are you a Disney / pixar fan? I'm a huge fanboy!

Also what happens tomorrow if Southampton draw one all and west ham win 3-0?

Isn't everyone a Disney/Pixar fan?!

Then it goes down to the results between the two teams during the season - so if it ended up all square, Southampton would go up as we lost to them at home and drew with them away this season.

You'll be up mate saints will Bottle it and you'll win and Sam will tell everyone how he's a genious

Oh and I'm a fanboy to the extent of owning every Disney and Pixar animated film and honeymooning in disneyworld

Wilbur

Banned
You'll be up mate saints will Bottle it and you'll win and Sam will tell everyone how he's a genious

Oh and I'm a fanboy to the extent of owning every Disney and Pixar animated film and honeymooning in disneyworld

I'm sure we have every Disney vs Pixar film but I haven't been Disneyworld :( been Disneyland Paris a bunch of times though

I'm sure we have every Disney vs Pixar film but I haven't been Disneyworld :( been Disneyland Paris a bunch of times though

We're going DLP in September with the boy can't wait till he's old enough for WDW.

The wife likes it all but not as much as me, suppose its that it gives me warm memories of growing up

Hixx

Here is a handy little chart:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics#Promotion_and_change_in_position

A cumulative table of the Premier League since its inception in 1992

More:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_team_has_been_in_top_flight_football_the_longest

Longest Active Streaks since last relegation, and total number of years in the top flight.

"When Arsenal celebrate 87 years in the top flight during 2006 the nearest team to them is Sunderland with 68 years in the top flight"

Those fucking corrupt wankers we had running the club in the 50s have a lot to answer for. If they're not dead. :(

dc89

Apparently this is next seasons City home shirt:

JGCgq.jpg

The fact Kolarov is wearing it pretty much confirms it. That dome thing is City's indoor training facilities.

dc89

The logo in black&white? very ugly.

Yeah, I'm questioning this too! It doesn't really make sense. Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but maybe this was a shirt they did photos of like from behind or something for a reveal. Cause City usually 'tease' the shirt on a advert or picture and then put a proper 'release/reveal day'. Also, the City crest is always stitched on the shirt and not a sticker, hard to tell from that picture what the crest is!

Either way, it better not be a sticker, I hate them.

dc89

I love parody stuff like this :p

Barcelona petition FIFA to declare possession more important than goals

Barcelona took a bold step to ensure their continued dominance by petitioning FIFA to rewrite the rules of football so that possession of the ball counts for more than goals scored. Following two important losses over a four day span to Chelsea and Real Madrid in which Barcelona dominated possession of the ball but still failed to score more goals than their opposition, they decided that now was the time to act.

"Football is obviously broken," said Barcelona midfielder, and defender of all that is right, Xavi. "When the team that just scores the most goals is ruled the winner over a team that holds the ball for the vast majority of the match only because the rules say so, something is very wrong. And it is time we correct that wrong. Because Cesc is suffering."

more here:

Salvadora

I think i'm resigned to RVP leaving but I just hope we don't get another long transfer saga this summer. He knows that nothing will change and I suspect this will be another summer in which we don't rebuild.

Top Bottom