• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

rififi

Mou has never liked Casillas much from what all the press has said, so I am not surprised he wants to get rid of him

That's also because Casillas always talks back and criticises Mou's tactics (like he did after Wednesday's loss).
Casillas is Madrid though, been with Madrid since the Castilla, been captain for so many years. As much as I actually like Mou, I would easily throw him to the dogs before getting rid of Iker.

Although I am somewhat happy that Pep is stepping down (as a Real supporter, he's been humiliating Madrid since he started), I have the utmost respect for him.
Coming from a ball boy, to a youth player, to captain, to coach. Someone who sweats and bleeds Barca, has confidence in the youth system and puts so much passion into the club is unbelievable. No matter how anyone feels about Barca or their players, no one can deny the respect Guardiola deserves. Any team would be honoured to have a coach like him.

He has certainly earned to take a break, hopefully his hair will grow back too.

i wouldnt mind some more play time for shakira, but on the other hand it would be great if he stays and we have some more variety in the midfield. especially for those long seasons.

yeah, we've already seen how that ends if robben has to spend more than 60 minutes on the bench. Media explosion, dumb quotes by "Die Lichtgestalt des Fussballs" aka Beckenbauer and salty Robben no matter if the match is won or not.

Blablurn

DerZuhälter;37345817 said:
yeah, we've already seen how that ends if robben has to spend more than 60 minutes on the bench. Media explosion, dumb quotes by "Die Lichtgestalt des Fussballs" aka Beckenbauer and salty Robben no matter if the match is won or not.

you got a point there

GorillaJu

Finally having a chance to watch the Bayern v Real game and isn't Badstuber the CB that everyone here makes fun of? He looks a really good player to me.

spidye

zoom-13900-fc-bayern-Away-Trikot-Techfit-Limited-Edition.png

he probably won't wear it next season

I think something died inside me. holy crap, that's our worst away jersey ever.

Fry

Gonna start learning German in june guys. Can't wait. I spent 7 years learning english and it was so fucking awesome.

Gonna start learning German in june guys. Can't wait. I spent 7 years learning english and it was so fucking awesome.

Ich bin du bist er, sie, es ist wir sind ihr seid sie, Sie sind! Well good luck, I spent 2 years and they barely taught me anything, think it was the motivation that lacked though. :p

GorillaJu

Going from one Germanic, Latin or Romantic language to another has to be pretty simple. Subject verb order is largely unchanged, words have similar roots, even particles have congruency.

Meier those are really cool.

Fady K

SOMEONE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAASE GIF 2:35 - 2:50 IN THE VIDEO TITLED Roberto Di Matteo Post Match Interview here: http://www.footballorgin.com/2012/04/fc-barcelona-2-2-chelsea-full-match.html

I am watching a quicklook of lone survivor just as I read this, looks pretty cool and will probably play over the summer time. Botanicula didn't look like anything for me at all though.

Apparently Lone Survivor plays much better than it looks, and they say it is quite effective as a horror game. I'm interested! BTW have you finished Downpour yet? I can't wait to see what you think. I'm still finishing Mass Effect 2!! I need to finish games faster >_<

As for Botanicula, it doesn't look like my thing at all either, but apparently the game is a must play for adventure game fans.

Most beautiful thing I've ever seen out of a video game.

If it is from the Machinarium guys I bet it's great. I love Machinarium.

Also, I find Chelsea's 3rd kit incredibly sexy. Especially on Drogba.

You loved Snake Eater as well?? Respect +1 :D I myself can't wait to play Machinarium, waiting for the PSN version! I was too late to realize how awesome Chelsea's 3rd kit is (as the season is almost over now)!! (Only Kyle was awesome enough to realize it early enough and buy it!).

Ramires is the big miss I think. At least with Bosingwa and Cahill/Luiz you have like for like replacements; there's no one in the team that can play the role Ramires does. Meireles could give it a go I suppose but he's out too!!

MY SHIRTS CAME YAYYYYY

What shirts did you pick up? And yes, Ramires is the biggest miss for me as well!

They're both excellent.

Did you finish either :0 I may pick up Lone Survivor tonight!

Bookmarked.

Noooo Kyoufu! Why would you want a fellow Newcastle fan to do such a thing to you :p??

Good luck man! Your English is excellent by the way, thought it was your first language until you mentioned that you are Brazilian.

Löw wont leave Germany before 2014 anyway, he would be stupid to pass up the chance to win a World Cup. Germany is only getting better and might reach their peak right around the 2014 World Cup.
Löw should get the fuck out if he doesn't win the Euro, if nothing completely fucked up happens. He has one of the best German teams in history and he should deliver.

I want to believe but isn't Bild the German equivalent of the Daily Mail or The Sun like you suggest? I bet his agent is just using United in the press to negotiate a bumper contract. It'd be a (super-)value signing, though. And it would mean the return of the 4-5-1 in Europe. <3
No, he doesn't. The contract is done, he'll get around 3m a year (+ bonuses) just as our other biggest earners Reus and Götze (and hopefully Hummels soon). He won't get a better offer and he needs to decide if he accepts it or not.

It is but it's sports section is pretty much spot on most of the time.
No, they have absolutely no sources for BVB. Just look at their last Kagawa articles, they are just guessing/making stuff up.

Moobabe

Apparently Lone Survivor plays much better than it looks, and they say it is quite effective as a horror game. I'm interested! BTW have you finished Downpour yet? I can't wait to see what you think. I'm still finishing Mass Effect 2!! I need to finish games faster >_<

As for Botanicula, it doesn't look like my thing at all either, but apparently the game is a must play for adventure game fans.

Did you finish either :0 I may pick up Lone Survivor tonight!

Lone Survivor is excellent - as is Botanicula. There's something about the latter that's just.... it's difficult to describe. It's just joyful, there's no other word for it. You can pick it up in the new Humble Bundle so.. why wouldn't you?

TRUST me Fady - as a fellow Chelsea fan - buy both.

TeegsD

So the second leg yesterday was shown in our stadium and about 6000 people came to watch. They and more came to receive the club at the stadium. It was a nice gesture to the players that brought Capel to tears.

WJMwf.jpg

He's got a lot of heart and I hope he keep doing well with us. This season has been a weird one but since Sa Pinto took over, it's looked better. I wasn't to keen on his appointment but he's done one hell of a job. I think next season will be much better for this team.

Messi

OFFTOPIC:

I am buying a Brave poster and I want to know which one you guys like more:

Pixars-Brave-movie-poster.jpg

Brave_poster.jpg

Leaning heavily towards the second one, what say you?

"FIGC has come down hard on Palermo and Lazio&#8217;s Presidents for irregular transfer activity, handing Maurizio Zamparini and Claudio Lotito lengthy bans.
Found guilty by the Italian FA for breaching regulation with regards to theRosanero&#8217;s sale of Javier Pastore to Paris Saint-Germain last summer,Zamparini has been suspended from carrying out transfer activity on the behalf of his club for the next 12 months."

In other news, Palermo are very close to signing FM legend Dybala.
3AQmK.gif

Edit : Messi, The first one, no doubt.

T Ghost

Messi said that he didn't want to be there to not take any spotlight away from pep

Not a very good translation.

What Messi said is that he is very, very sad with the news. He knows that if he showed with a crying face the press would make his crying face a big story. He didn't want this his crying face to be in the limelights.

He is not dumb at all with this decision. With Barça losing UCL and La liga in less than a week, Messi playing bad for three games in a row, missing a frigging penalty in a UCL semi-final and now missing his most devoted mentor and protector, press would go like hungry wolves at raw meat on his crying face, making up stories and bullshit.

I want to believe but isn't Bild the German equivalent of the Daily Mail or The Sun like you suggest? I bet his agent is just using United in the press to negotiate a bumper contract. It'd be a (super-)value signing, though. And it would mean the return of the 4-5-1 in Europe. <3
Yeah I'm pretty sure Bild is a poor source, though some people say they can be accurate with their football news.

Guess we will find out but for now he still isn't signing a new contract and our interest seems to be genuine, so it's possible.

He would be a great signing for us if we could manage it. Fantastic player.

elsk

Banned

Bild is usually very reliable, nothing like the english media. The Dortmund fans say Bild doesn't have sources inside Dortmund, tho, so it could be all speculation in this case.

Top Bottom