• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Lightning

Banned
It certainly looks that way. I just hope that Wenger has a back up in mind so we dont get the Fabregas like stuff up again this year. Unsure of who we can get though since RVP plays such a vital role.

rodvik

I promies that if Rodvik or myself lived anywhere in Europe, we would be there cheering at every game.

Indeed. Although I am past the anger stage now. Lerner knows what he has to do to keep us up. Until he does it I just expect us to lose every game. It still hurts but I am past getting angry about it every day as I was earlier this week.

Indeed. Although I am past the anger stage now. Lerner knows what he has to do to keep us up. Until he does it I just expect us to lose every game. It still hurts but I am past getting angry about it every day as I was earlier this week.

I think we will stay up, and then McLeish will get sacked. I don't think Lerner wants to pull a Wolves. Then, I hope we go for Di Matteo or Rogers.

rodvik

I think we will stay up, and then McLeish will get sacked. I don't think Lerner wants to pull a Wolves. Then, I hope we go for Di Matteo or Rogers.

Honestly I think he is making a mistake, we should look at the Chelsea example rather than the Wolves one. Should have made the change yesterday. I cant beleive he is waiting until after the WBA game and another potential 3 points gone.

come ON Villa, the whole country is pulling for you!

4056040084bd282f574500.jpg

6a00d8341c565553ef01538f90d04a970b-250wi

article-0-0013DA9100000258-616_468x320.jpg

Bwaha reading a book of Copenhagens old forward, arrogant and crazy mofo but also hilariously cool. His book is called "black swine" directly translated but a better translation would probably be "black cunt".

The photographer took ages to set us up properly for the team photo. So I decided to pull out my dick and sit with it in my hand, no one managed to notice it. Not even when he was snapping away he saw me sitting with my dick in my hand.

3 days later and the club president called me into a meeting. He had just gotten the squad photo and was asking me what the hell that was. I wasn't sure to respond with a joke or act like I was regretting what I had done. So I said "that's Davids dick". He told me it wasnt' funny and the pro shoot of the team had cost a lot of money, he told me I had to pay for it. I said : Only if I get these photos then.

and the incompetent shit coach Copenhagen hired, who couldn't even remember their names

The only reason he remembered my name was because I was black. Me and Laudrup were the only ones he ever remembered, some he couldn't even pronounce no matter how many times he tried.
He had not even put me on the bench, but completely out of the squad for the match against the piss yellow (Brøndby). Before I was even out of the meeting I had called our club president and I said "You gotta do something. This idiot you and your senile dementiated sport director has hired got to go".
On the training tour no one really cared. We got up with hangovers so bad that we often puked before the training had even started. The night before our manager has woken up Laudrup on the hotel asking if he had any toilet paper because he had run out while shitting. He was later fired, probably for being incompetent, but the management blamed it on him having pay girls in his rooms.

About to start a new chapter called "A psychopath in a suit" about our sport director. He also talks a lot about getting a car by Dusseldorph, despite not even having a drivers license and how he was driving until he turned 22 without having one, haha

Honestly I think he is making a mistake, we should look at the Chelsea example rather than the Wolves one. Should have made the change yesterday. I cant beleive he is waiting until after the WBA game and another potential 3 points gone.

come ON Villa, the whole country is pulling for you!

4056040084bd282f574500.jpg

6a00d8341c565553ef01538f90d04a970b-250wi

article-0-0013DA9100000258-616_468x320.jpg

America too!

AstonVillaHanksPA_468x294.jpg

And Hogwarts!

weasleytwinsjan15800_2551348.jpg
(fun fact, one twin is a Villa fan, the other is a Birmingham City fan. Yuck)

Poor Man Utd as well if that happens....
City will buy top players no matter what. We can't stop that. They already have a squad of superior players to ours.

If they don't buy RVP, they'll go for Cavani or whoever else they have to.

I'd rather they get RVP than Cavani though.

Lightning

Banned
I'd rather they get RVP than Cavani though.
Well you're out of luck because RVP is not motivated by money so really only Real Madrid or Barcelona can prize him away.

He wont go to City. He has stated on more than 1 occasion how hard it would be for him to line up against Arsenal in the premier league. If he leaves, he will unfortunately leave the premier league and this will be what Arsenal push him to do also.

Well you're out of luck because RVP is not motivated by money so really only Real Madrid or Barcelona can prize him away.

He wont go to City. He has stated on more than 1 occasion how hard it would be for him to line up against Arsenal in the premier league. If he leaves, he will unfortunately leave the premier league and this will be what Arsenal push him to do also.

Jesus Lightning, I don't know why you do this to yourself.

Lightning

Banned
If he leaves I think Arsenal would pressure for it to be abroad but don't think he wouldn't want the money at City Lightning.
I'm only going by what he has stated. Money matters to every player, I know that, but he has stated that it would be hard for him to go against Arsenal in the PL and that he is not moticated by it.

But if he goes to City, so what. Could be good for Arsenal as Man City will give us a better price than Barcelona will, you can guarantee that. I just wont like it.

Going to City isn't about money alone anymore.

If it comes down to staying at Arsenal or leaving for City, I can very easily see him making the switch. I am sure Arsenal will be very stubborn in their attempts to stop that however.

Anyhow, I hope you guys can keep him. It's better for the league if he stays with Arsenal.

Fuck yeah! Braga lost! That means that if Sporting wins against Academica and Porto, we face Braga in Alvalade in the last day with the opportunity of stealing the third place and the last CL spot from them.

Meier

Yeah, I'm questioning this too! It doesn't really make sense. Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but maybe this was a shirt they did photos of like from behind or something for a reveal. Cause City usually 'tease' the shirt on a advert or picture and then put a proper 'release/reveal day'. Also, the City crest is always stitched on the shirt and not a sticker, hard to tell from that picture what the crest is!

Either way, it better not be a sticker, I hate them.

I kinda like it although it's obviously a departure. I like the black collar.. big fan of that -- looks quite classy. We know it isn't finalized though because it's lacking the champions' patches! ;)

I'm only going by what he has stated. Money matters to every player, I know that, but he has stated that it would be hard for him to go against Arsenal in the PL and that he is not moticated by it.

But if he goes to City, so what. Could be good for Arsenal as Man City will give us a better price than Barcelona will, you can guarantee that. I just wont like it.

If it makes you feel any better I don't think he'll go to City.

He'll go to United!

I know I am really late in thinking about this.

My Dad supports Liverpool and I support Chelsea so we were thinking about making the trip to the FA Cup final haha. Is there a neutral end or is one of us stuck with other fans. Also where is the cheapest place to get these tickets as I am sure they are sold out?

FuturusX

My Dad supports Liverpool and I support Chelsea so we were thinking about making the trip to the FA Cup final haha. Is there a neutral end or is one of us stuck with other fans. Also where is the cheapest place to get these tickets as I am sure they are sold out?

Best place for a neutral is at home in front of the TV lad..

Neutral seats are the posh seats.

FootballFan

tumblr_l6ysxdF5eQ1qbq00l.gif

*Hugs back* Bro, I feel your pain. It has been the toughest week for Barca in many years, no doubt. It's incredibly saddening, even if understandable, to see Pep go at this stage, where it would have been far nicer to see him fight back. But Tito will do well hopefully. He knows the team and Pep well. I don't think it's unlikely for him to come back actually, he just needs some rest and hopefully that's all. Let us hope for a great season ahead, as hard as it may be.

I agree with you here as well, and like I said above, this has been the worst week in ages for the club. Let us see how they will bounce back from all this. It would be nice if they add a 14th trophy before pep leaves.

I'd take him back in an instant even if he were to become less successful than he has been. Still pondering, Peps Barcelona is no more. :(

So the second leg yesterday was shown in our stadium and about 6000 people came to watch. They and more came to receive the club at the stadium. It was a nice gesture to the players that brought Capel to tears.

He's got a lot of heart and I hope he keep doing well with us. This season has been a weird one but since Sa Pinto took over, it's looked better. I wasn't to keen on his appointment but he's done one hell of a job. I think next season will be much better for this team.

Sad to see, Capel always had the talent but he just needs to be less one-dimensional.

Hixx

I think if I see another 0-0 tomorrow at the SoL I will have a fit.

I have forgotten what seeing a SAFC goal feels like.

We are Bolton's bogey team as of late, 4 straight wins - has to count for something, sure;y?!!?

Kyoufu

Still pondering, Peps Barcelona is no more. :(

I'm not even a Barca fan and it breaks my heart too :(

I have a mancrush on Pep now.

I think if I see another 0-0 tomorrow at the SoL I will have a fit.

I have forgotten what seeing a SAFC goal feels like.

We are Bolton's bogey team as of late, 4 straight wins - has to count for something, sure;y?!!?

I dunno. Bolton have been playing well lately. They could have easily won the game against us. Be afraid! :)

Top Bottom