• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Salazar

Kompany said:
Before you join the club you find out about the victories and I guess it has become, after el Clásico, the biggest game in the world in a league competition. After Real Madrid and Barcelona, it is the biggest game in the world.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Vince. City are in the larval phase of being a big club.

Lightning

Banned
For the derby I'm hoping for a draw. I don't want a Utd win because I still want the title race to be on when City travel to Newcastle. That way City will be focused on destroying Newcastle rather than playing like they don't give a toss.

http://www.themag.co.uk/video-replay/alan-pardew-newcastle-going-all-out-for-third/

I have to admit that I really like Pardew. He's done a fantastic job as I really didn't expect Newcastle to threaten us after we beat them but they've done so well. Such a well spoken manager as well is another reason I like him.

sohois

For the derby I'm hoping for a draw. I don't want a Utd win because I still want the title race to be on when City travel to Newcastle. That way City will be focused on destroying Newcastle rather than playing like they don't give a toss.

http://www.themag.co.uk/video-replay/alan-pardew-newcastle-going-all-out-for-third/

I have to admit that I really like Pardew. He's done a fantastic job as I really didn't expect Newcastle to threaten us after we beat them but they've done so well. Such a well spoken manager as well is another reason I like him.

Yeah, Pardew has really raped that Newcastle job.

Seriously though, he has done very well, but I do find it humourous that he is now being held up as well-spoken

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, Pardew has really raped that Newcastle job.

Seriously though, he has done very well, but I do find it humourous that he is now being held up as well-spoken
I don't know him well. Any interview I've seen him in he has been well spoken but there are probably things about him I don't know.

Blablurn

oh, we got some bundesliga today. gonna be interesting to see if the second team is able to beat stuttgart who were on fire lately.

who am i kidding??? give me the champions league final already!!!

Lightning

Banned
oh, we got some bundesliga today. gonna be interesting to see if the second team is able to beat stuttgart who were on fire lately.

who am i kidding??? give me the champions league final already!!!
So classless Bayern are going to throw the rest of their games until the final?

Blablurn

So classless Bayern are going to throw the rest of their games until the final?

thats the question. they won't overdo it because it would be stupid to change the rhythm of the players (especially considering the fact there are still two big games coming) but of course some will get a well deserved rest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Considered feeding her pizza, but we don't have any in the house. So I'm browsing footygaf because yeah why the hell not.
Frozen or heated?

A lot of our fans seem convinced that Milan will drop points against Siena, but I'm not counting on it. I'm putting my faith in Inter instead. That's right, le merde. They are still terrible, but they're doing better under Straminchioni and finishing in 3rd place would mean a season saved. C'mon Inter, you can do it. Go for the win in the derby!

Inter is their biggest hurdle, but I'd rather it was Seina to be honest :p Conte's former teamhelping us out sounds much better (and poetic) than merda.

Del Piero is not leaving, I don't know what you guys are talking about. It's just mind games god dammit! He's trying to take the pressure of our players and give the press something to write about!

kpU7L.gif

So, I'm totally expecting a shit game today lol

Kuba has the flu (I think) and that probably means that Großkreutz will play. And we all know that Großkreutz is still drunk hahaha

faridmon

I bet he's a SHAFT fan!
Only good people have good taste, Yo!

anyway, Fulham today, I am unsure what to expect. They are inconsistent as hell. One day they might beat you with 5 goals (coughNewcastlecough) and the next thing you know, they are utter shite

Hopefully we dominate them today.

Wilbur

Banned
HSV and Wolfsburg kits are pretty nice, Lyon one is amazing.

I'm looking forward to today, some good games on. Tonight guys, Roma - Napoli

Bumhead

Banned
We are away at Brentford today. The Pigs are at home to Stevenage. Tough games for both of us, both fighting for second spot. If we better United's result we go above them into second. If our results match it goes to the last day next week. If United better our result they go up.

Pressure is on them really. We're currently in a play-off spot and have nothing to lose. It's their second place to chuck away. But Stevenage are a really tough side, a side who beat us twice this season. Could go either way, the next two weekends are every bit as important to people in Sheffield as Monday nights game is to people in Manchester.

By the way, United are on Sky in this evenings kick off. Sections of the support are planning to vocally support convicted rapist Ched Evans, so look out for that one.

Wilbur

Banned
Mat, I'm rooting for Wednesday! Ever since Colin was in charge when they were in the Premier League, they've been classless wankers

Lightning

Banned
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

The fact that this season has been Walcotts best should only highlight what a poor inconsistent player he is. Sometimes I think Wenger is delusional with some of the things he says.

I find this quote very amusing:

“He gets criticism because he raises the level of expectation so much that when he has a disappointing game or doesn’t make the difference, people straight away go at him because they expect something special.

Is Wenger trying to be serious with that bullshit?

dc89

Alas, yes he probably is.

I'd like someone to ask some straight questions about Evra. Get banned from pressers, who gives a fuck. Just put Ferguson in that position.

I'd do that. I always lol when Fergie bans someone, it's like he is exacting some sort of power that no one gives a fuck about.

faridmon

Is Wenger trying to be serious with that bullshit?

Wenger always defend his players. Even with the the 8-2 loss, he was defending them to the bitter end. as admirable that is, there should be somewhere to draw the line. The way he went on and on with Arshavin was also a palling. The guys couldn't even bothered to help the team by just running and Wenger was calling everyone for attacking him.

dc89

Football Focus on BBC. 'Martin Skrtel defends Liverpool's form'

Gon' be good.

:0 Van Der Sar and Schmeichel on Monday night! This is interesting.

Frozen or heated?

Inter is their biggest hurdle, but I'd rather it was Seina to be honest :p Conte's former teamhelping us out sounds much better (and poetic) than merda.

Del Piero is not leaving, I don't know what you guys are talking about. It's just mind games god dammit! He's trying to take the pressure of our players and give the press something to write about!

kpU7L.gif

Frozen, obviously. I bake the pizza and throw it directly into the chill chest, right next to my chocolate.

I hope it's Inter, to be honest. We need them in Champions. I'm intrigued by Lazio but they don't really cut it. And I want Cavani so it's best Napoli don't hit third. :p

All these adidas kits are really nice. I bet we get the shittest one off them. Bit like Stoke's which is rancid.
Have Sunderland changed from Umbro to Adidas? Adidas always shaft, I don't want to say "smaller" teams because Sunderland are by no means small, but you know what I mean. Stoke, Swansea etc always get the basic templates with nothing done to them and they look shit. Which is a shame because I think Sunderlands Umbro shirt this season was a classy effort.

dc89

I was at work yesterday so I missed out on loads of news and GAF posts!

Just checked BBC and saw two things which I find interesting;

Wilshere may not be ready for next August! That's one hell of an injury.
Gareth Bale says he will "sit down and discuss what's best for myself" if Tottenham fail to reach the Champions League.

Ruh-roh.

In terms of Bale, well that's to be expected. Spurs have slumped massively following the whole England manager thing with Redknapp. It's clear as day that's the main reason, they were on a huge roll before the speculation started.

Hixx

Have Sunderland changed from Umbro to Adidas? Adidas always shaft, I don't want to say "smaller" teams because Sunderland are by no means small, but you know what I mean. Stoke, Swansea etc always get the basic templates with nothing done to them and they look shit. Which is a shame because I think Sunderlands Umbro shirt this season was a classy effort.

Yeah we've shifted our horrendous official merc over to Kitbag and somebody high up in SAFC or Kitbag, I can't remember, has ties with adidas so we've switched. Tbh this season's home kit is the only decent one we've had. Last years away kit was really, really nice as well, to be fair.

Umbro have been a pretty shit supplier anyway, our official club shops ran out of the away kit this season after a week and haven't been restocked cos they stopped printing them before the season even started! Have had to buy them from 3rd parties which is ridiculous.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guess who's going to attend Novara - Juve?

LyWfo.png

With Boniperti <3

So please don't park the bus Novara!

Frozen, obviously. I bake the pizza and throw it directly into the chill chest, right next to my chocolate.

h13WA.gif
h13WA.gif
h13WA.gif

Also fadetoblack said:
And I want Cavani so it's best Napoli don't hit third. :p

I'm secretly rooting for this.

Off to Sutton United to see my local teams last game of the season :) they won last week to confirm us staying in the conference south for another season! On the coach at the moment and there is a party atmosphere :)

Hixx

Disappointed there isn't a noon PL game. Screw the Championship.

last weekend in Championship is usually best weekend in football. /caveman

Still the second automatic promotion spot to decide & the last play off position to decide (come on you Smogmonster bastards!!!)

Also we can all laugh at Jimmy Hill even if Coventry got relegated a week or two ago. The big chinned cunt.

faridmon

Next year, we will change our kit manufacturers to Nike whom I abhor. We had our best kits in the last 2 years and next year is gonna be an uphill battle for Nike.
Disappointed there isn't a noon PL game. Screw the Championship.

Only an ignorant would say that. Championship have been fantastic this year and the last weekend of football league is always exciting. The two Sheffield teams battling for an automatic promotion is gonna be fun to watch.

Kyoufu

last weekend in Championship is usually best weekend in football. /caveman

Still the second automatic promotion spot to decide & the last play off position to decide (come on you Smogmonster bastards!!!)

Also we can all laugh at Jimmy Hill even if Coventry got relegated a week or two ago. The big chinned cunt.

Screw Sam Allardyce and West Ham. Hopefully Southampton get that 2nd spot.

Top Bottom